Holiday Hotel

Tags

Family Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Business Travel
See Amenities
deebum25's Profile Photo

Don't let the location worry you

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 22, 2010

We stayed four nights at Hotel Holiday in September 2010. We walked there from the train station and when my husband said here it is I actually stopped for a minute. It is indeed located in an alley. BUT the more I got to know Bologna and its streets it's pretty much all alleys. On the street there were a number of businesses, restaurants and other hotels so it's not like you're ever alone or need to worry. The reception staff is cheerful, pleasant and speak a number of languages. They actually did everything possible to try to find a fireworks show that my husband wanted to go to, searched the internet and the paper and called friends and a church to see if they knew anything about it. Certainly above and beyond the call of duty. I didn't eat the breakfast so I couldn't comment on it but once you got used to the location you realized how many other people were on the street at any given time. The room itself was pretty basic and we had a view overlooking the courtyard. We could and did leave the windows open for ventilation without bug problems even though there was working air conditioning it was pleasant enough to have them open. It was the biggest shower I'd ever seen in Italy, actually enough room to turn around so that was a plus. Also a roomy closet and two firm beds pushed together which I've come to understand is not unusual. It actually made me happy because when my husband rolled over it didn't wake me up. We had no problems and would happily recommend.

Unique Quality: The reception staff were exceptional. I think you get what you give when traveling in another country and we manage to keep a good attitude and treat other people with respect.

Nearby Holiday Hotel

• Room Service
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Bologna Travel Forum

Need advice about Bologna, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Bologna and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bologna hotel reviews