Via Bertiera, 13, Bologna, Emilia-Romagna, 40126, Italy

Booking.com Venere.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 27% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• deebum25's Profile Photo

Don't let the location worry you

We stayed four nights at Hotel Holiday in September 2010. We walked there from the train station and when my husband said here it is I actually stopped for a minute. It is indeed located in an alley. BUT the more I got to know Bologna and its streets it's pretty much all alleys. On the street there were a number of businesses, restaurants and other hotels so it's not like you're ever alone or need to worry. The reception staff is cheerful, pleasant and speak a number of languages. They actually did everything possible to try to find a fireworks show that my husband wanted to go to, searched the internet and the paper and called friends and a church to see if they knew anything about it. Certainly above and beyond the call of duty. I didn't eat the breakfast so I couldn't comment on it but once you got used to the location you realized how many other people were on the street at any given time. The room itself was pretty basic and we had a view overlooking the courtyard. We could and did leave the windows open for ventilation without bug problems even though there was working air conditioning it was pleasant enough to have them open. It was the biggest shower I'd ever seen in Italy, actually enough room to turn around so that was a plus. Also a roomy closet and two firm beds pushed together which I've come to understand is not unusual. It actually made me happy because when my husband rolled over it didn't wake me up. We had no problems and would happily recommend.

Unique Quality: The reception staff were exceptional. I think you get what you give when traveling in another country and we manage to keep a good attitude and treat other people with respect.

More about Holiday Hotel

The Holiday Hotel

by Kelly7

Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this hotel.
Hotel Holiday - Bologna Via Bertiera 13 - 40100 Bologna
I can get a great deal of 76 euro a night at the moment and was just wondering if anyone had stayed there. (Unless I get really bad reviews then I'll book it!, and by bad review, I don't mean small shower and bad coffee!)
Ciao,
Kelly

by IanMacPhail

This hotel seems fine and I would consider this myself but check the reviews in www.tripadvisor.com
One or two doubts but are they important to you?
Buon viaggio!

by Kelly7

I've read the tripadvisor and there were a few bad reviews, but, being in an area where there are sex shops doesn't bother me, I don't need to hang out in them! Plus we will really only be sleeping at the hotel, if the streets aren't too nice we'll just keep walking. I also think that some people take pre conceived notions and ideas with them on holidays and that the local people, like hotel staff, pick up on this and get defensive. I've done heaps of traveling and have never come across rude or unfriendly hotel staff, maybe I've been lucky or maybe I'm just friendly and open to new things.
I'll think I'll book it and see when i get there!
Kelly