Hotel Paradise

Venere.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• xaver's Profile Photo

A nice central choice

This is a small 3 stars hotel not far from the central Maggiore square. It is about 1 kilometer far from the railway station so, if you have not heavy luggages you can also walk up to here.
    The room was not so big but it s normal for this kind of hotels in the center of the cities in Italy.
    Breakfast was not huge but there was everything you need.
    Wi-Fi worked good in the room. We paid 70€ for a double room breakfast included.
    The staff was very kind.

• mpileggi's Profile Photo

Satified Stay in Bologna

May 2006: Room Rate Quoted 76 Euros for a double room with private bathroom and breakfast. I stayed in room 306, which was an interior room (a little on the dark side). It was very quiet at night, which I liked after staying in Florence. My room had a large bed, tv, desk and two outlets, room safe, large mirror in the bedroom and bathroom with plenty of bright lights; hair dryer. The shower was small but larger than the one in Florence and with an accordian door. The bathroom also had a small window. A/C too! I would definitely stay here again. As in Florence, the service and people were very friendly. Good location, only a 10 minute walk to the main piazza in town. Good restaurants nearby (Maristoca and Il Portico).

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Hotel Paradise - clean and central

Hotel Paradise is a small, 3 star hotel, centrally located to the main Bologna attractions. We stayed here for 1 night in Sep 2006 and enjoyed our stay. I chose this hotel as it was a very good price and located only 5-10 minutes walk from the city's main square.

There are 18 rooms, which have been re-decorated fairly recently by the look of it, and all have private bathrooms. The staff were helpful, offering us a map and information about the surrounding area.

Unique Quality: Our room was in very good condition and nice and clean. It had a large bed, mini-bar, TV, air conditioning and the all important hair dryer. The hotel was close to many good dining options, including one of the best gelato shops in town.

We enjoyed our stay here, and would stay again next time we are in Bologna. The room cost 75 euro, which included breakfast.

Directions: Located just back from Via dell'Independenza, off Via Bertiera.

More about Hotel Paradise

5 star service!

by TripAdvisor Member wellingtongirl

We loved staying at this hotel! We spent 4 days with our 18 month old son. In spite of 3 days of serious rain we had a great time. Bologna is a beautiful city, easy to get around and very friendly. Lots to do and see. And the food!

But the owners of Hotel Paradise really made our trip. They were always extremely helpful and friendly and gave us great recommendations on things to do and local places to eat. They were endlessly tolerant of our son rampaging around the breakfast room which is saying something.

We thought it was an excellent location, five minutes walk from the Piazza Maggiore yet also close to the university quarter where there were good restaurants and bars. We stayed in an apartment just across the road from the main hotel. It was perfect for us with lots of space and we were able to cook simple meals for our son. The apartment was a little dark and some of the knick knacks were not to my taste but that is such a small criticism. The apartment was spotless, extremely well equipped and very comfortable. We had breakfast at the hotel and there was a good choice with excellent coffee.

We went out to dinner and left our son with a baby from an agency for two nights. I was quite anxious about this but Monica the owner had made a real effort to get a lot of information about the babysitter and met her in advance. Needless to say she was fantastic.

Our favourite meal was at a restaurant called La Montanara in Via Righi. Small and totally booked out with lovely atmosphere, fun staff and delicious food. We also had good meals at a place called Lords Taverna (we were afraid it would be a cricket themed pub but traditional Italian and quite smart) in Via Sauro and Trattoria Serghei in Via Piella. The food was good here but service was very quick and we felt it wasn't easy to linger over coffee/another glass of wine. Tambourini is in every guide book but it's pretty fantastic for lunch and we also shopped for food to cook in the amazing delis and produce shops around Via Clavature.

I've stayed at 5 star hotels but have never had better care and service. I know I am not the only person to do so on this site but I unreservedly recommend Hotel Paradise as a place to stay in Bologna.

god hotel with excellent location

by TripAdvisor Member Tourist-from-France

This hotel is well-located and welcoming. the receptionist was most friendly and spoke to me in my native French straight away. the room was comfy and clean and the bathroom spotless, though on the smallish side. the best point I think is the breakfast. loads and loads of delicious healthy food and a friendly service, what a better way to start the day? so i would recommend it without a second thought.

Excellent value, management = 5 star

by TripAdvisor Member MariaPia

The reviews are indeed correct; the hotel is centrally located, comfortable, clean and staffed by professionals. We stayed a total of 5 nights at Hotel Paradise. Our 3rd floor room had two skylights and was very quiet. The breakfast offerings were more plentiful than we have ever seen in Italy; there was even a selection of organic foods. Monica, Marisa and Francesca were utmost professional and answered any questions we had…and we had lots of them. We highly recommend La Montanara (Via Righi) for dinner as we dined there twice. Our stay at Hotel Paradise exceeded our expectations so that we cancelled our reservations elsewhere our last two nights to stay at Hotel Paradise. We look forward to staying at Hotel Paradise the next time we are in Bologna.

Great little hotel.

The Paradise sent us excellent directions for negotiating the Historical Center of Bologna to get to the hotel. Monica greeted us at the desk and was friendly and helpful. She even tried to find us a street parking space. Our rooms were on the third (4th) floor and we were initially a bit put off by not having windows. However we had skylights which did prove adequate. I don't know what the rooms would be like in the heat of summer, however. Nonetheless, the rooms were clean, comfortable, attractive and roomy. The bathroom was very clean and had excellent toiletries and linens. However, if you're 'full figured' it is a bit small and I advise sliding open the shower doors when using the facility. The breakfast room is cozy - again with no windows - and the buffet was quite adquate. The fresh baked goods were excellent, but they seemed to run out if you came at the last minute. But the staff made and served great coffee. The lobby and breakfast area were also comfortable to sit in during the day, and the staff made one feel comfortable, and there were dishes of hard candy and more coffee on hand. The location is excellent - very near shopping and sites. We just enjoyed walking the arcades and looking at the many fascinating designs. Different parts of the Center have differing characters and it was fun to explore. We discovered the area around St Stephans Piazza with galleries and shops, but also enjoyed the University area, and the area around the Markets. The city also has great restaurants!
Several days after we left Bologna, we realized we were missing a bag of linens we had purchased there. We called the Paradise and they had found it by the elevator and kept it for almost a week. The cheerful and friendly woman who takes care of the breakfast room had found it and put it aside for us. We were more than happy to revisit the hotel to pick it up.
We very much enjoyed our stay in Bologna and plan to return. When we do, we will again stay at the Hotel Paradise.

Lovely staff but rooms a bit small

by TripAdvisor Member artemis1

We are just back from a night in Bologna. We were given room 306 and I would have to say avoid this room if you can. Compared to a lot of other rooms that we managed to glimpse, this was not up to the same standard. The decor was a bit grubby looking and the carpets could have done with a good clean.The room was so dark and quite cramped but this was nothing compared to the bathroom. You had to squeeze past the bidet to get into the shower, and I'm 5ft 3 and slim! How would a slightly more rounded person get past?? The soundproofing was also not great. Sitting on the toilet with the wall not even 2 feet in front of you, you can hear the people chatting in the next room.

All that aside, the staff were very friendly and helpful at the desk and I cannot fault them for that. Breakfast was again in a very cramped room but it was a nice selection and we were offered fresh cappuccinos.

The location was good too, some nice little restaurants frequented only by locals which suited us perfectly. And the airport bus is not too far to walk to too. If only we had been luckier and got another room!

Nice little hotel in a good location

by TripAdvisor Member mjpileggi

I stayed at Hotel Paradise for 3 nights (May 15-18th) and got a room for 76 Euros/night for a double room (single use) with private bathroom and breakfast. II stayed in room 306, which was an interior room. It was very quiet at night, which I liked after staying in Florence. My room had a large bed, tv, desk and two outlets, room safe, large mirror in the bedroom and bathroom with plenty of bright lights; hair dryer. The shower was small but larger than the one in Florence and with an accordian door. The bathroom also had a small window. A/C too! The service and people were very friendly. Good location, only a 10 minute walk to the main piazza in town. Good restaurants nearby (Maristoca and Il Portico). My original plans were to stay at the University Hotel but after walking by it one day, I was glad I picked Paradise - the University area at night isn't a very safe place for a woman traveling alone. I would definitely stay at Hotel Paradise again. Monica Pileggi.

Don't expect beauty

by TripAdvisor Member MilitelloVC

We stayed in two apartments in July. The rooms were fine, but don't expect much else. First, yes it is convenient - just off a side street in the heart of Bologna. But it's really an ugly side street with graffiti abounding. Sort of depressing as you go to check in. Also, the man who brought my two 13 year old daughters to their room watched as they carried their heavy bags up two flights of stairs... I probably wouldn't stay there again.

Comments