Via Dell'Orso 6, Bologna, Emilia-Romagna, 40121, Italy

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 36% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Serenity in the city

We stayed in the Met Apartments. You book the apartments through the hotel and check in and out at the hotel. It is a short two block walk from the hotel to your apartment.

The Met is very customer service oriented. While the apartment does not come with a daily maid service, the hotel staff were quick to respond to a couple of simple requests we had.

Clean. No, really clean. No, exceptionally clean. The apartment is modern in design with clean, white surroundings. When you have white tile, white walls, white lenins, white leather furniture, guess what. If is dirty, it shows. This place was spotless!

The bathroom is compact and did not have a tub. Instead, they have an amazing rain shower. You are cascaded in beautiful blue light while you bask in the pouring rain.

The apartment comes with a completely functional kitchen including enough cookwear and utinsils to make a great meal. This can come in handy in the city. There are so many vendors of fresh foods - meats, cheeses and vegetables - that you really have to try some.

The flat screen TV comes with many channels in English. I must admit that the user interface for the cable system was a little clunky.

The hotel is located on a small, very well lit side street that quickly leads to via Independence where the entire world of Bologna awaits. An excellent music CD shop is practically next door. They have a great selection of unique jazz, early punk and interesting opera music.

Great place - very first class.

Unique Quality: Largest, softest king size bed I have seen in Europe.

Directions: Five minute walk from the train station on via Independence.

More about Metropolitan Hotel

Great Staff , good location

by TripAdvisor Member howardespana

We stayed here in August and were pleased with our choice.
Driving in Bologna is not easy but when rang the reception and the guy on the front desk gave us very good direction and we found it quite easily . We were able to park nearby , and the hotel give you a parking permit which is not cheap but cheaper than the usual cost The room was fine , and breakast also fine .walking distance to every where and very good advice and recommendations from ( english speaking ) receptionists.

WOW! A consistent gem!

by TripAdvisor Member Philafellow

We have stayed at the Metropolitan before and have always been impressed. The location is perfect for exploring the Medieval heart of the city, the staff are universally outstanding -- friendly, knowledgeable, and competent in English, the breakfast is great -- healthy, varied and always fresh. This time we experienced the new lobby. It is stupendous. Asian-themed and lovely. Comforting and very classy. The rooms are comfortable. Most impressive is the "Olive Court," an oasis in the city. There are three very special rooms, contemporary, classy, and perfect in all details, that are set in an inner courtyard with olive trees. They cost a bit more, but are more than worthwhile. Early booking is essential.

In addition, this time with the city full for a "fiera" (trade show), the staff could not have been more helpful in suggesting great places to dine and booking them for us, in giving us ideas of hidden gems to explore, and in being ready to meet any need.

If you go to Bologna, stay HERE!

"A HOME AWAY FROM HOME"

by TripAdvisor Member afan

The Metropolitan Hotel felt like "a home away from home" during my visit to Bologna. The top-notch staff were friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. They went "above and beyond" whatever was needed to make my stay comfortable and enjoyable. The hotel was a great launching pad for exploring Bologna. All major sites are nearby and the hotel itself is just a few footsteps from the major thoroughfare of Via dell"Indipendenza, great for strolling and shopping. Whether I was seeking restaurant recommendations, city information, or assistance with my travel arrangements, hotel staff provided whatever was needed --- with a smile. The feel of the hotel is bright and modern. My room was clean and comfortable. The lobby was very artfully furnished -- a little bit glamorous but also very comfortable as a place to sit while waiting to meet friends. What made this hotel so special -- a place I would return to again and again when visiting Bologna -- was the extraordinary geniality and expertise of the staff.

Nie Hotel but forget the Superior Rooms

by TripAdvisor Member Densel

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights recently.
I got a decent price on-line but then paid an extra €30 for the so called "Superior Room" per night.
The room was lovely, however it is only separated by a partition wall from other buildings that do not belong to the hotel. At times the noise was bad and took away from fully enjoying the room.
The Staff were friendly and helpful. I would consider staying in the hotel again but would not pay extra for the Superior Rooms.
Bologna is a lovely city but 2 days there is more than enough.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Liberty63

I used ---.com to book this hotel.
It was great. You can walk there from the train station.
The heating was good and it was warm in Winter.
The hotel was bright and natural light shone in from the window. I liked my stay there and the breakfast was fantastic with a great selection from the buffet.

Chic decor, below-average comfort

by TripAdvisor Member rtboats

The decor of the hotel is very chic, but when we stayed two nights after New Years, the comfort level was low. I travelled with my parents, and we were put in a triple room with three twin beds, all on rollers. Thus, whenever you sat down on the bed or turned over in your sleep, your bed slid a couple of inches further away from the wall. The maid staff at the hotel is *very* nice, and the reception staff is pretty nice, but not as bubbly. When we checked in, the receptionist took our passports for 30 minutes to fill out the hotel guest registration forms that all hotels send to the police. I know for a fact that it takes about 5 minutes to do this. It was only a problem because we wanted to go out shopping right away and needed our passports. I must note that in general the staff is nice and helpful.

The breakfast is exquisitely laid out and very ample. A definite plus. To use the hotel lobby computer is 5 euro for 30 minutes. A definite minus, since the entire city of Bologna is a FREE WiFi hotspot, but I didn't have my computer with me. You can use the internet for free as well at the tourist center. They charged me 75 euro cents for a future hotel booking confirmation telephone call I requested that they do in Italian, which I don't speak. I am pretty sure a 3 star hotel should do this free of charge. It's clearly not the price that concerns me, but the principle of the thing. There was no real hot water, you had to let the water run for 15 minutes to get above body temperature water. A wasteful and annoying minus.

In summary: great breakfast and decor, good location, okay price, and a low comfort level not befitting a three star boutique hotel.

below expectations

by TripAdvisor Member MR36

We stayed in this hotel two nights. The hotel is very centrally located - this was the good thing. At the beginning the staff was very friendly. We asked to get bed for our baby. First, they told us that they don`t have a bed, afterwards there was bed, but couldn't manage to construct it.. Finally we got it, because I (the guest) helped them to prepare. Finally they asked me for a quite huge amount of additional fee for the bed which was never announced before...
Additionally, they asked me to leave the key in the hotel, because they want to make up the rooms. We came back - nothing was done....
Don't go there - we also payed too much in relation to this standard.

Excellent Location

by TripAdvisor Member dandb

We recently stayed at the Metropolitan and found it to be a well located hotel in a side street off the Via Dell Indipendza. We were within easy walking distance of both the railway station (useful as we took day trips to a number of other towns within the region) and the historic centre. The staff were very friendly, welcoming and extremely helpful throughout our stay.

Breakfast was beautifully laid out and had a good selection of the usual continental style buffet. The decor of the breakfast room was lovely.

Our room was on the 3rd floor, we found it to be a good sized room and really clean but the decor was basic compared to the lovely entrance and breakfast room downstairs. There was also work going on on floor 2, which did disturb us if we were there during the day - we hadn't been warned about this in advance by our travel agent.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ZorroBirmingham

Great 3 star Hotel
Location brilliant 10 minutes walk from train station
Side street so no noise from traffic can leave windows open at night
Staff really friendly and helpful
Clean rooms with good shower
Good breakfast
Excellent stay could not ask for more from hotel
Single male traveller really enjoyed stay

Loved the metropolitan!

by TripAdvisor Member Lynellesreviews

I would recommend this hotel to everyone! Friendly,helpful and informative biligual staff, excellent accommodations, up to date airconditioning system. Great location, very centrally located. A wonderful vacation thanks to excellent accommodations.

Basilica di San Domenico, Bologna, May 2010Basilica di San Domenico, Bologna, May 2010

Santo Stefano, Courtyard, Bologna, May 2010Santo Stefano, Courtyard, Bologna, May 2010

Santa Maria della Vita, Bologna, May 2010Santa Maria della Vita, Bologna, May 2010

Torre Asinelli, Bologna, May 2010Torre Asinelli, Bologna, May 2010

What about meeting "bolognese" people?

by cristiano.faenza

Hi guys! My friends and I -all "bolognese"- would like to meet foreign people living in Bologna and we'd like to show the beauties of our city as well. So we decided to organize a dinner in a typical bolognese restaurant (in italian I will say "Osteria").
The Osteria is quite small, so we have to book a table, a big one...
Would you join us?
Take a look at "meetings"

^_^

RE: RE: What about meeting "bolognese" people?

by cristiano.faenza

I take it as a proposal :-)
Next time I will cook, I think "tortellini" with "panna", but on friday 24 nov we'd like to have something more "formal". Just to start.
Are you going to join us? ;-)

Comments