Hotel Venezia

Via Leopardi G., 6, Cattolica, Italy

AMOMA.com Otel.com

• Vieri4's Profile Photo

A decent hotel

I enjoyed my stay at hotel Venezia, a simple but pleasent hotel, although the owner was a bit grump everything else was fine. The rooms were clean and spacious and my balcony offered me a good view of the rolling hillsides in the distance. The hotel is a very short walk into the centre of Cattolica and is even closer to the beach.

You can use various different hotel swimming pools in the surrounding area

• Sep 2, 2013 at 7:55 AM

A terrible place!We were robbed at this hotel on the 14.8.13 directly in our room when we were returning from the dinner at about 20.30 in the evening . First day of our stay our lock was not in order so we had to invite a personnel to repair it. The next day a thief got into our room using his own key! We met him face to face and he told he just mixed the hotel room living at the same hotel. When we checked the room the big sum of money had disappeared from our room!!!I tried to catch the robber but he disappeared somewhere into the hotel. We informed the receptionist straight ahead but as there were no cameras at the hotel although it is written on the walls that the place was under the cameras control(lie!!!) they could not do anything to help us. Of course our holiday was ruined and the next day I had to visit a local police station to make all the necessary procedures. We suspect a worker who was repairing the lock the previous day robbed us on the other..
    I have traveled around the world...different countries...never I met that the keys were hanging free near the reception so everybody could take them!!! Due to the EU directive article number 1783 a hotel must compensate the damage of the client if it happened inside of the hotel. I hope and believe the owners will do that otherwise they are going to loose all their customers very soon!

• Sep 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Dear leics, thanks for the sympathy I realize the money is gone...The main purpose of my comment is let people know what happened in Venezia hotel ,Cattolica and to prevent such things in future. We recognized that worker who participated in the crime later and now police department of Cattolica investigates this case with an assistance of our lawyer from Rimini.
      Of course it is easy to write not to keep the money in the room and so on but in other countries I kept more money in the room and nothing happened. But for some reason only our hotel room on our floor and after the locks repair...are there too many coinsidenses for such a case? I am fluent in five languages so as long as this case stays actual I keep writing about this in different inernet pages.

• leics's Profile Photo
      Sep 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM

The chances of theft are slim in all hotels..but those chances always exist. You were very unlucky ...and have been very lucky in other places, if leaving large amounts of money in your room is your norm. Ultimately, keeping large amounts of cash in any hotel room anywhere is not sensible. That is indeed 'easy to write'...but it is also easy to keep to, and that is certainly what I do whenever i stay in any hotel anywhere (including the UK). And to hold the hotel responsible for the alleged behaviour of an outside contractor is simply not fair, imo.

I don't think posting about the hotel all over the internet is helpful. It may make you feel better but pt yourself on the other side: a guest stays in your hotel, says he leaves a large amount of money in his room, says it is stolen...and expects you to compensate him?

You could blame the hotel if you proved that they were in league with the repairman to steal from guests' rooms. But otherwise, and regardless of your lawyer's opinion, I'm afraid I do not consider your complaint justified.

That does not mean I do not sympathise. I do, of course. But I genuinely cannot see why you should blame the hotel itself for the actions of an outside contractor, or even one of its staff.