Suite Duomo Hotel

Tags

Historical Travel Architecture Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities
Elainehead's Profile Photo

Excellent value for money in good location

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 17, 2008

It wasn't the original hotel I was planning staying at (thanks the other hotel didn't have a secured website), but the Suite Duomo was a pleasant surprise. Just because McDonald's is just under this hotel (note: not the Dependance), don't let it put you off from choosing this place.

I booked a double-room for 75 Euros (breakfast included) via their website. After modifying my reservation I contacted the hotel for more information and I was informed I would be staying at the Suite Duomo Dependance. Seeing the rooms photos on their website, I got concerned... I am claustrophobic in certain situations and all the beds were under a low ceiling... When I told them about my problem, they told me they would give me a "standard" room only one level. I thought it meant a room in the Dependance with no low-ceiling. I was actually given a room in their main building. To our surprise it was a huge apartment (bigger than my own home)!!!! I had an excellent view of the Cathedral and the Town Hall from the living room.

The breakfast was okay. Nothing to rave about except the great view you get from the breakfast room. Just thought it was a bit curious the mini-garbage can on every table.

My only complaint is that the bedroom was clean but not spotless clean. I found some brownish stains under the bed (see last pics). I didn't dare to touch nor smell it. At least it didn't stink... I also found some Silverfish on the bed linen. My husband also spotted some Silverfish in the breakfast room (near the windows).

Some minor remarks are the noisy A/C in the bedroom and the lack of shower gel (there were liquid hand soap, shampoo and shower cap though) in the bathroom. I turned off the A/C when I went to sleep and had to buy some shower gel at the nearest shop.

Apparently only city residents can park on the streets, so if you are driving, the nearest public car park is a couple of blocks away. € 4.50 for 24hrs. Leave your bags at the hotel before parking. On a quick note, when my husband went there to get the car, he was approached by 2 guys asking for money. Just in case (if you know what I mean...), he gave them € 0.50.

Unique Quality: Excellent value for money in the heart of the historical center.

Directions: In Historical centre. 2-min away from the Estense Castle.

Nearby Suite Duomo Hotel

5 Photos of Suite Duomo Hotel

Amenities at Suite Duomo Hotel

• Room Service
  • Pets Allowed
  • Kitchenette

Ferrara Travel Forum

Need advice about Ferrara, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Ferrara and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ferrara hotel reviews