Milano Marittima Hotels

• Trekki profile photo Trekki
  • Reviews: 2343

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Meris – nice and centrally located

I arrived quite late in Milano Marittima and hadn’t booked ahead, as it was April and I did expect it to be easy to find a bed for a night. Well, what I didn’t calculate was that at this time of the year only 30% of the accommodations are already open. So I drove around a bit until I found Hotel Meris. It looked as I remembered the hotels of my childhood, including the roofed swing hammock (which we call “Hollywood-Schaukel” in German, lol), which was very much typical for the 2italy of my childhood” (see here for a view (German only, as I didn’t find “my” real ones on English websites). I asked for a room and was amazed that the landlady didn’t speak English – but German. On the other hand, what did I expect, haha?
I really liked it there, it was close to the beach and the city centre, I could park my car behind the house (the parking area is locked from both sides and can only be opened by the hotel owners, so very much safe) and must have been the only guest for the 2 days I stayed there.
The room was big enough for me, bathroom included and a balcony which was overlooking the parking and view to the ocean. TV, no minibar and no coffee making facilities.
Breakfast was sufficient for me, bread and rolls, coffee (machine with selection of different types of coffee) or tea (selection of several different flavoured teabags), cheese and sausage, yoghurt and cereals.
What more to say: there is an elevator, a keyword lock for late coming guests and it seems to be very safe. The doors inside of the rooms didn’t lock, which Ithought was funny. But as I was the only guest, I didn’t ask if this was normal or if I just didn’t find the “trick”.
I paid 54 € per night, plus 3 € per day for the parking (April 2008).

• Opinion of Price: about average