Best Western Park Hotel

JLBG's Profile Photo

La Locanda dei 2

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 19, 2005

We chosed to have two days for the journey from Grenoble to Ancona, where we were to take the ferry for Montenegro, sailing at 4 PM. At least it should have sailed at 4PM, but this is another story that I will tell in my Ancona page.

I found on the web La Locanda dei 2, (the Inn of the 2) would make a perfect half way stage. It stands in the woods of Val d'Arda, at Madonna di Pione, not far from Castell'Arquato and Salsomaggiore Terme.

It is managed by Luca, coming from Milano and Nicla from Genova. They have done a superb job of renovation. The rooms are very cosy and superbly decorated. This is an excellent hub to visit the region of Piacenza and the Emilia-Romagna province.

More on my Vernasca page

Directions: Leave Autostrada A1 at Fiorenzuola, follow the road to Castell'Arquato, then for Vernasca and then again in the direction of Bore. Before reaching Bore and 7 km after Vernasca, in the middle of the forest you will find La Locanda dei 2 on the right.

Nearby Best Western Park Hotel

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Piacenza Travel Forum

Need advice about Piacenza, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Piacenza and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Piacenza