Viale Galli, 3, 47838 Riccione, RICCIONE, RN, 4790
Booking.com Expedia.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Hotel Giulietta

2 weeks in Veneto & Lombardy - How did I do?

by Herkbert

Hi folks!

You've all been helpful as we've put this holiday together, now I wanted to show you the results and get some opinions.

We will be traveling May 23 - June 5th. We fly into Venice, stay a few days before moving on to Verona for a couple days, then on to Lake Como to stay in Bellagio before heading to Milan to finish up before flying home.

We will be staying at the Hotel Antiche Figure in Venice, Hotel Giulietta e Romeo in Verona, Hotel Metropole Suisse in Bellagio and the Hotel Regina in Milan.

No dinner reservations yet, we do have tickets to see the Last Supper in Milan and Doges Palace in Venice.

So did I do ok with the itinerary? Where should we think about eating? First night in Venice is our 30th anniversary so I want somewhere nice, but not stuffy. Any help and opinions are welcome.

Thanks.. Tom

by azz8206

I can tell you where NOT to eat in Venice. Any restaurant facing the grand canal and the Rialto Bridge. Overpriced and the food is terrible.

by cmcard2

i think you did well. verona is a city your will enjoy. try Ristorante Freppia which is nearby to where you are staying. it is just off of via cappella near the courtyard of romeo and giulietta. it haa the traditional fare of the veronese. also go to piazza erb and sit outside and have a spritzer - has wine, sparklin water, and campari - will seelot of people drinking it - has orange look.

by effeti

Don't go crazy to search Freppia... It's just a typo of my dear Verona-lover Dan... it's Greppia.

I have a couple more suggestion in my Verona tipa.

Enjoy
Francesco

by Ina08

I have recently leaved through an Italian travel magazine that featured an article on Venice on a budget. Here are some of the restaurants they suggested. I can't vouch for them as I have not tested them, but maybe you want to have a look. I have googled them and for most there are reviews online.

Taverna del Campiello Remer
Via Campiello Remer
Aperitives with buffet from 5.30 to 7 pm (that would make a cheap dinner as the buffets often are very rich)
Lunch 20€

Only for lunch (13 €)and this place is run by the church, opened in 2009

Food & Art
Corte Cordemi
Giudecca
Only lunch- this is a self-service canteen used by the naval workers. It also features an art gallery and lunch is 11,50 € inlcuding wine.

Have fun in Venice