Hotel Villa Luigia

More about Rimini

Piazza Tre MartiriPiazza Tre Martiri

working in rimini

by ariya

Hi was just wondering if anyone had any information on finding work in Rimini for the summer? We are from australia and are heading over in the beginning of june. We would like to find work in bars/resturants/clbs. PR waitressing...we dont care. Any help would be greatly apprecitated. Thank heaps

by Mario75

Ciao :),

It's very easy to find a work here during summer, If you make a walk beetween bars, hotels and discos you'll find for sure, anyway is not so easy to find it from australia.

Feel free to contact me for any needs.

All the best,
Mario

by ariya

thanks heaps for your reply, those are the words we have been waiting to hear. We kinda thought we could find work, just getting a bit worried about all positions being taken. We dont have european passports. Do you think this will matter? I have heard alot of places just pay cash and so dont care where you are from???? Have you worked there before? What was it like?

by Mario75

I don't know how long you will able to stay here with a touristic visa, but i think there will be no problem if you'll stay a few months.

It's possible to work and be paid by cash, many people hire girls or boys as waitress or to work in a hotel. I never worked but i know it happens everywere and the wage is onest. Some small discos hire girls for pr, sometime they give home and a small wage:

I think that the first thing is to find a place to stay, to rent a flat during summer can be costy and for an hotel you have to consider at least 25€ day.

by ealgisi

As far as i know you can stay in a EU country with a touristic Visa for a maximum of 3 months, i don't think it depends from which country you come from. I whould suggest to ask the Italian embassy in Australia, just to be sure and not get caught with an expired Visa.

Enzo

Travel Tips for Rimini

Give it a wide berth

by mapakettle about Restaurant at 'Italia in Miniatura'

Don't pass Go, forget the hundred bucks, run away as fast as you can.

Horrible service. We waited over twenty minutes to get served, and there were four wait staff, perhaps twelve tables max, and yet no one even smiled at us. The menu was printed on the place mat.

I had a simple cheeseburger and fries (I know, I know) and received my meal almost immediately. As I lifted my burger, oil ran freely for ten seconds onto my plate, soaking my fries and my shirt. The meat (??) was a pressed version of hamburger, but, to be honest, it was a beautiful grey, egg shaped specimen.

Ma Kettle ordered a pizza, receiving it ten minutes later, and it tasted much like the cardboard it was microwaved in, and Alfio and Graziella waited for an additional half hour after we finished our meals, before receiving all of their orders. It seems this restaurant serves everything in increments, a bit here, a bit there.

They had ordered a mixed grill of fish, and the battered portions were still white, not the tantalizing golden colour hot oil usually produces. They were not impressed. Their salads consisted of four very large leaves of lettuce, and what I assume were tomato pieces, and carrot slivers.

They guarded the bathroom with great care, requiring the customers to request the key from the barman who was preparing espresso and slicing lemons. The key was on a large metal ring, with additional cutsie plastic baby keys and triangles attached to the ring. A real petri dish if I ever saw one.

After using the facilities, the barman retreived the key from my outstretched hand, and, with a smile, returned to arranging lemons around Alfio's mixed fish platter. No favourite dish. I wouldn't return here under any circumstances. Very poorly managed, too many mistakes for it to have been a once in a while occurance.

The bathroom key grossed me out, especially to have it controlled by a food service person.

Total price for four people, remember, I just had burger and fries, Ma a pizza... 51.00 euro.

Comments