Via delle Sassette, 1/A, Fiano Romano, 00065, Italy
Venere.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about I Pini Campsite

Italy - Ai Pini hotel - near Venice

by ophiro about Italy - Ai Pini hotel - near Venice

This hotel is located in Mestre - something like 10 minutes from Venice.
We found a bus station just in front of the hotel and it was very easy to get to Venice.

very good rooms , nice breakfast , friendly workers - we enjoyed this hotel very much.

There is a great local restaurant near the hotel called Kiki Riki.

Ai Pini hotel - near Venice

by ophiro about Ai Pini hotel - near Venice

This hotel is located in Mestre - something like 10 minutes from Venice.

There is a great local restaurant near the hotel called Kiki Riki.

Mestre (Near Venice) - Kiki Riki

by ophiro about Mestre (Near Venice) - Kiki Riki

Kiki Riki is not actually in Venice - it is in Mestre but we stayed near the restaurant.

The owner of the hotel told us about this restaurants when we asked him about a good local restaurant.

This is a small place where you can eat Pizza and because it is a local place and not touristic you can enjoy the real Italy !

Happy italian families , lovers , good food and cheap prices.

I dont know the address but it is near Ai pini hotel in Mestre. The Pizza was very good !
Big , thin , great taste.

Fly to Milan and travel from...

by Sheri_Z

Fly to Milan and travel from there, or
from Lugano
Here's some more info. on how to get to Bellagio by public transport -

Milan to Bellagio via Como -take a train from Milan Centrale or Ferrovie Nord station to Como. Travel time 45 min; cost $2.17
second class. From the railroad station in Como, public busses depart about 10 times daily for Bellagio. Travel time: 1 1/2 hours: cost
$1.82. OR, take a cab to the boat terminal. (It is possible to walk the distance in 10 minutes if your luggage is not burdensome). Take a
boat or a hydrofoil to Bellagio. Travel time: boat 2 hours, hydrofoil 40 min. cost- boat $4.13, hydrofoil $6.22.

But if you have a group - and I brought a group of 24 here, there is a special company called PINI International that will charge for a car, mini-bus, or bigger bus. This was expensive but worth it since we were tired. Try pini@pini.inet.it

Pictures Of Italy

by craic

The rooftops of Genova.
I am told Genova has one of the biggest centro storicos in Europe.
I am also told that you haven't been in Genoa until you have smelt the walls.
This means walking through the old quarter and sensing the ancient emenations, I think.
It smells something like moss and mould and damp and dust and *** - and something else.

A close up of the Aurelian Wall in Rome. From the outside. Because I am visiting the English Cemetery and heathens had to be buried outside the city walls.
It is also close to the Pyramid of Cestius, Pyramide Station and the Porta San Paolo where an important battle was fought to keep the Germans out of Rome during the Liberation of Italy. And to the Military Cemetery where Australians and New Zealanders have their Anzac Day service on the 25th April.
An interesting fact is that Anzac Day and Liberation Day are on the same date.
So if you go to the Anzac Day service, as you leave, you will see a big crowd waving flags and generally celebrating in the Porta San Paola.

We walked from San Fruttuoso to Portofino - and it was tough.
Here we are making our descent down into the town - hoping for a cafe and a sit down.
Now in our family if we want to indicate something is really really hard we say - It is like walking to Portofino.

Bogliasco is a charming little village, close to Genova, and is noted for having one of the few surf breaks for miles around.
For me the pleasure of it was staying in the Villa dei Pini with some very interesting people.
Andrew and Tiffany and Sandro came upon me as I was waiting for the bus and I got a pic of their pretty faces.

Street life in Rome under the wing of the statue for the poet Belli near Ponte Garibaldi.
One chap eats his lunch and one chap strips to the waist and washes his hair utilising the piece of hose he bought with him.

It is not often one sees one's name up on a banner in the streets of Rome.
There we are - someone called Compton runs a bookshop. I wonder if they are a relative.

Now this is a relative doing her necessery exercises on my rooftop garden on the 8th floor in Rome.
This is not in the pretty quaint part of Trastevere but where the workers live down near the station.

And here is the little snarling lion? dog? - little snarling creature guarding the treasures at the Peggy Guggenheim in Venice.

Camping near Florence and Rome

by somertyme

My extended family and I have just a short time (1-2 nights) in each place, but because of a very tight budget we're hoping to camp. I'm considering Plus Camping Michelangelo in Florence because of the view and convenience. In Rome we're looking at Plus Camping Tourist Village I Pini which I realize is a little ways outside of the city. That's not a problem though because we'll be coming back through later and hopefully get to see more at that time. We'll be driving 2 cars. Anyone have any advice or comments about these places or know of better options? We're trying to stay under 20 euros per person/night.

Re: Camping near Florence and Rome

by NCS

We stayed at Camping I Pini with our 4 teenagers with Eurocamp in a mobile home 3 summers ago. It is a small very friendly site with an excellent restaurant offering inexpensive meals! it is remote but we paid to take their bus trip to Rome on 2 separate days. They also offer an optional guided walking tour when you get to Rome. We did the Gladiator walk - and their tour of the Vatican another day. Both were excellent and well worth the cost - i think it was about £10 per adult. The kids especially oved the gladiator tour and got to see and learn about some historical sights (Roman forum, Collusuem etc) as well. It would save you the hassle of driving and parking in Rome!! - even crossing the road by foot is always a near death experience!!

Re: Camping near Florence and Rome

by somertyme

Thank you. That is very helpful. Do you remember how much it cost to take the bus into Rome? About how long did it take? Thanks again.

Family with small children in the Viareggio/Pisa area need tips!

by tillip

In the first week of July we will be staying at a hotel called "club i pini" in Lido di Cameiro close to Pisa/Viareggio. Our hotel is only 200 m from the beach and I guess we will spend some time there;-) Does anyone by the way know how the beaches are there? Is it possible to find a "private" beach in the area where there are not so many people..? But I would also really like to know what else we can do in the area with two small children, age 3 and 7. I would myself like to see Lucca and Cinque Terre, but how would it be for the children there? All kind of tips would be really nice!

Family from Norway

Re: Family with small children in the Viareggio/Pisa area need tips!

by craic

the first part of the path in CT from Riomaggiore to Manarola is easy enough for families - I saw babies in strollers - but from then on I wouldn't try it with a 3 year olf

Re: Family with small children in the Viareggio/Pisa area need tips!

by kathymof

Do the children know how to ride bikes or do you feel comfortable with the younger one in a child bike seat? If yes, riding bikes around the old walls of Lucca is a lot of fun. I really do not know if you can rent bikes or seats for young kids but someone who lives in Lucca might be able to help you. There are several places for renting bikes.

Comments