3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Golden Tulip Rome Airport
Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Bugs, sewer smell, room not clean, over $100 taxi

This hotel looked good on the Internet....but the only reason I booked this hotel was due to a late night arrival and early morning flight from Rome airport. When we got in the room, there were roaches skittering away from the light. The shower didn't drain so we had to keep turning off the water to prevent overflowing. There was a definite sewer smell coming from the bathroom. The whole hotel smelled of cigarettes. I could hear people peeing in the next bathroom, The worst thing was that it cost over $100 to get to and from the hotel and airport. The free shuttle has limited hours and the front desk charged a surcharge for calling us a taxi. Internet was advertised as being available in the rooms, but it is only available in the lobby with only one lonely chair and it costs $7 per Hour!!. I do wish that I would have booked the Hilton at the airport . With the huge taxi cost and no breakfast early in the morning, we could have actually saved money by staying at the Hilton. The front desk clerk was bumbling and rude. He over charged me by $99 Euros. When I emailed the management after I got home, they are completely inflexible and say tough luck. No refund. It was a horrible ending to our fabulous vacation in Italy.

Unique Quality: Roaches, bad smells, seedy neighborhood, not all that close to the airport. Some kind of racket with the taxi company. No furniture in the lobby, false advertising in Internet fees.

Directions: Bad neighborhood next to auto wrecking yard and freeway.

Comments