Fiumicino Hotels

• GuidoL profile photo GuidoL
  • Reviews: 2

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hilton Garden Inn at Rome Fiumicino Airport

Hotel is new and sparse and modern and appears to be in the middle of nowhere. It put me in the mood for airports and all day on an airplane. That said, we really enjoyed everything about our one-night stay. Took the Leonardo Express from Rome to Fiumicino airport and the hotel shuttle picked us up, after I figured out how to call for it. We had a 7 a.m. next day departure. Even though we missed our 4:30 a.m. reserved shuttle, because it left a few seconds early with two other guests, the desk clerk offered to take us right away in another shuttle. Airport just minutes away. The bed was deliciously comfortable. The room is white and and bright and clean. There’s an ergonomic desk chair I didn’t need and flatscreen TV. Another plus is the no-charge business center with 2 computers and Internet. I think there was a guest laundry room, too. I usually hate front desk “homemade” cookies, but thought theirs were good. Open, in-lobby bar & restaurant. Dinner menu was so-so. Seemed to have mostly American-style food, including big hamburgers that people at 4 tables around us ordered much to my surprise. I was still in Italy so we ordered prosecco & pretty good & pricey ravioli – 10 for 10EU. I chose this hotel because we wanted to be near Fiumicino, but refused to pay Rome Airport Hilton prices for a bed and was worried about getting to the airport early from other local B&B’s. I stayed at the Hilton Airport once before and our entire bedroom carpet was wet. Squish, squish. Even though it was off season, they couldn’t move us. I wrote a letter when I got back and received a not very sorry-sounding “sorry" letter. Much prefer the Garden Inn.

• Opinion of Price: N/A