Fiumicino Hotels

• TooTallFinn24 profile photo TooTallFinn24
  • Reviews: 727

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Comfort Hotel: Surprising Choice Close to Fiumicino Airport

While Choice Hotels properties in the United States are not one of my favorite properties I was a little reluctant when booking this hotel. However being a Choice Privileges member and using points got me a superb multi-level room on the top floor that was a winner on all accounts.

The hotel is located about 2-3 kms from the Rome Fiumicino Airport. Many of the guests using the hotel appeared to be folks that were either going on or coming a cruise.

There is a free shuttle that is located outside of the international arrivals terminal. The shuttle leaves approximately every forty minutes from the hotel starting at about 6 a.m. in the morning. Please be aware that there are no free shuttles leaving the hotelThe shuttle bus will likely read "Marriott Courtyard Hotel," but it does stop at the Comfort Hotel as well in the afternoon . If you need to get to the airport in the afternoon from the hotel you must hire a taxi.

The room itself was great. Two twin beds, a small refrigerator, a nice bathroom and a couch on the first floor. The second floor was accessed by a steep flight of stairs. There was a queen bed on the second floor and a great terrace with a commanding view of the area. We ate our dinner on the terrace.

Front desk staff was very attentive and helpful. It proved useful to know a little of Italian to converse with them.

There is a free breakfast in the morning that contained some assorted cereal, juices, coffee and breads. Nothing fancy or extravagant but it was very much appreciated.

The two level rooms on the top floor of the hotel are extremely nice. The terraces or balconies on these rooms offer great views of the area.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written July 31, 2013
Tip Photo

Comfort Hotel Lobby

• GuidoL profile photo GuidoL
  • Reviews: 2

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hilton Garden Inn at Rome Fiumicino Airport

Hotel is new and sparse and modern and appears to be in the middle of nowhere. It put me in the mood for airports and all day on an airplane. That said, we really enjoyed everything about our one-night stay. Took the Leonardo Express from Rome to Fiumicino airport and the hotel shuttle picked us up, after I figured out how to call for it. We had a 7 a.m. next day departure. Even though we missed our 4:30 a.m. reserved shuttle, because it left a few seconds early with two other guests, the desk clerk offered to take us right away in another shuttle. Airport just minutes away. The bed was deliciously comfortable. The room is white and and bright and clean. There’s an ergonomic desk chair I didn’t need and flatscreen TV. Another plus is the no-charge business center with 2 computers and Internet. I think there was a guest laundry room, too. I usually hate front desk “homemade” cookies, but thought theirs were good. Open, in-lobby bar & restaurant. Dinner menu was so-so. Seemed to have mostly American-style food, including big hamburgers that people at 4 tables around us ordered much to my surprise. I was still in Italy so we ordered prosecco & pretty good & pricey ravioli – 10 for 10EU. I chose this hotel because we wanted to be near Fiumicino, but refused to pay Rome Airport Hilton prices for a bed and was worried about getting to the airport early from other local B&B’s. I stayed at the Hilton Airport once before and our entire bedroom carpet was wet. Squish, squish. Even though it was off season, they couldn’t move us. I wrote a letter when I got back and received a not very sorry-sounding “sorry" letter. Much prefer the Garden Inn.

• Opinion of Price: N/A