via dell'Arena, 4, Monfalcone, 34074, Italy

Satisfaction Poor

More about Monfalcone

Restaurant advice needed

by KristaB

I can't find any detailed info about restaurants in Monfalcone through internet search, so if you know any decent restaurant or at least pizzeria/spaghetteria within a walking distance from the railway station please let me know as soon as possible, I'm going there on Thursday the 9th of February.
Thank you!
Kristina

RE: Restaurant advice needed

by BerniShand

you are going there....but will you be able to get out again ? that is the $64,000 question....

RE: RE: Restaurant advice needed

by KristaB

I wouldn't bet on such a huge sum, my dear. I can't risk it.
Im planning to have a lunch with some special friends, perhaps I should ask for bed & breakfast in Monfalcone, just in case LOL!

RE: Restaurant advice needed

by mccalpin

Your question got me to wondering...so I found this:

It seems that there is a celebration of sorts called "Magnemo fora de casa" (dialect for "Let's eat out"). It says " Dal 21 gennaio al 5 marzo Magnemo fora de casa Degustazione di piatti tipici locali a prezzo fisso in collaborazione con i ristoranti del Mandamento" - "From January 21st to March 5th, 'Let's eat out': tasting of typical local dishes at a fixed price in collaboration with the restaurants of Mandamento"

You'll see that many of the restaurants are in Monfalcone itself. The dishes are definitely local; I'm not even sure what many of them are...

"GNOCCHI FATTI IN CASA CON GOULASCH" - homemade gnocchi (dumplings, sort of) with gulash

"PASTA E FASOI" - I am guessing that this is dialect for pasta e fagioli (pasta and beans)

"BOLLITO MISTO CON: PURZINA, LINGUA,CRUDEGHIN, CAPUZI, BROVADA, SENAPE, CREN" - gee, about the only thing I recognize (without a dictionary) is boiled tongue...yummers...

Bill

RE: RE: Restaurant advice needed

by KristaB

Bravo Maestro, thank you very much Bill, with the help of Multimap.com I managed to locate those restaurants and La Cantina which serves boiled tongue is not far from the railway station.
I actually found that website but haven't noticed the link on top and thought that the last postings are from December - too obvious I guess!

Comments