Hotel Furore Inn Resort

Via dell'Amore, Contrada S. Elia, Furore, Amalfi Coast, 84010, Italy

Good For No Data
  • Jilly-J's Profile Photo

Paradise in Furore

The most beautiful Hotel you could imagine, it has only 22 rooms and the facilities of a much larger hotel. With 3 swimming pools, a gym, health spa, sauna, it appeared that there were more staff than guests even though the hotel was fully booked ! As soon as you arrived by the pool, the attendant appeared with fresh towels. The waitresses would time their pool visits to take drink orders to perfection. I have never stayed in such a clean Hotel, with 2 towel changes a day and I'll never forget on the first night we returned to the room to find chocolates and a poem on the pilow. The attention to small details is what separates this Hotel from the others. It was a perfect location for our wedding reception which was stunning. I have never seen so many Stargazer Lillies on one table !! We ate as the sun went down to put an end to a wonderful day........Alfonso the Hotel Manager went to so much trouble to make all our dreams come true and at the end of the night he came to have a drink with us, he is such a character.

Unique Quality: The view from the Hotel is stunning, sunrises, sunsets and also the moon shining on the water all go to making this the most beautiful location. It is an untouched paradise, far away from the more commercial touristy areas. The hotel has its own shuttle bus to take guests wherever they wish to go. The gym is amazing, and the tennis court was great although it was a little too hot to play !! Its hard to describe why this is such a wonderful place, it has to be seen to be believed !!

More about Hotel Furore Inn Resort

Five Star Service

by TripAdvisor Member astravels

Just spent 5 days at the Furore Inn. The staff is excellent and service wonderful. If you want beautiful views, great pools, and peace and tranquility, the Furore Inn is for you. Note that it is a 20 minute ride into the hills from Amalfi. The hotel provides some van service. If you want greater flexibility it pays to have a car when you are here.

Amazing!

Stayed at this amazing resort with my girlfriend for a few days and we were both very sad to leave. The place is just breathtaking, beautiful views, fantastic health spa, clean, tidy and airy rooms. With the choice of three outdoor pools, the infinity pool is a reason on its own to visit!

We had dinner almost every night in the resorts restaurants, Italian Touch restaurant is newly opened and offers fine dining cuisine, i can honestly say it was the most wonderful meal i have experienced on holiday to date, first class service, food and a very impressive wine list.

The staff are all wonderful and you are made to feel at ease instantly, service is also of the highest quality.

There are lots of places to visit on the Amalfi Coast, wonderful scenary and architecture, but i must admit it was very very difficult to leave the Furore Inn, a truly magical and enchantingt place.

Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member Tammy0927

We booked this hotel as our final destination for our trip to Italy based on the recommendation of some friends. Initially, we were a little disappointed with our room because our preceding hotel had excellent and roomy guest rooms with huge bathrooms, including jacuzzis, and awesome views from the balconies. So, arriving to Furore Inn, a traveller may be a little disappointed in the room size. We asked the front desk for a different room, and they offered us a larger room with a semi private terrace. Since we were actually unpacked already, we decided to keep our room with a balcony instead. Once we got over the half decent guest rooms, we absolutely fell in love with this hotel. The staff is amazing! You never have to sign a single check while your here. All they do is subtly check the room number on your key and charge it. The feel is very laid back and comfortable. By the infinity pool, there are a couple different seating areas, so you can have some privacy while laying out---great for us topless sunbathers. I would definitely recommend a rental car for this area, but only if you are a confident driver. My boyfriend and I explored the surrounding towns (like Amalfi and Ravello) while staying here. The hotel manager (I think his name is Alfonzo) is a great resource for restaurant recommendations in surrounding towns. Angelo was definitely the best restaurant manager we've ever encountered. The views are extremely calming and the resort is peaceful. We did not want to leave and wished we had made our stay here a larger part of our vacation to Italy.

Great setting and tranquility

by TripAdvisor Member nomad1214

My girlfriend and I stayed at the hotel for the week-end. Its location is slightly off the beaten-track (20mins from Amalfi and 40 mins from Positano by car). As soon as we entered, we were blown away by the view. We have been to many of great hotels, but this place stood out for the spectacular views and the amazing tranquility. The rooms were not spectacular, but very comfortable and with a nice terrace. However, with such few rooms in the hotel, it was almost as if we were the only people staying at the hotel...infact, it was hard to leave the hotel and discover the rest of the coastline. All the staff was very effeicient and friendly (notably the barstaff who made wonderful cocktails). We did get a chance to visit Hotel San Pietro where we were dining one evening but were not at all disappointed with our hotel choice. If you really want to experience what makes the Amalfi Coast so special then i would highly recommend this place!

Simply the best Hotel on the Amalfi Coast

by TripAdvisor Member Bev21

We have recently returned from the most wonderful relaxing holiday I have had in years and it was all down to this wonderful hotel.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we departed, we could not fault the service. Everyone was so friendly and eveyone is made to feel special.

The hotel itself is situated high in the mountains and the views are simply breathtaking whether you are eating breakfast, lounging around one of the three fantastic pools, or simply relaxing over dinner. The cocktails are a speciality and I must recommend the Belini's - simply delicious!!

The manager of the hotel (Alfonzo Imperato) is now something of a celebrity because of the rave reviews on this website, I almost asked for his autograph!! The reviews however are well justified as he runs this establishment extremely professionally.

We booked a junior suite and to be honest we were a little disappointed as we were we expecting something a little special - the room was small, and the terrace was tiny with a huge tree blocking our view. We needn't have worried however as Simon was only too happy to move us to a superb room with spectacular views at no extra cost.

Most of the other reviews on this website advised not to hire a car so we didn't and to be honest I wish we had. Although the hotel provide a superb free shuttle service (they travel to Amalfi three times a day), we were disappointed that the last shuttle back to the hotel was 7.00pm. There are some superb restaurants in Amalfi but the 40 Euros taxi fare back to the hotel was a bit of a rip off.

I would strongly recommend a trip to Ravello and Capri - both stunning places again, with spectacular views.

Lastly, I must mention Cinzia and Tania who work on reception - they were superb. They were simply a credit to the hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of taking a trip along this wonderful coastline - I will be making a return trip for sure.

Furia + Amore = Furore

by Jilly-J

"Romance on the Italian Coast"

How do you choose the perfect setting for your own wedding ? A hard task you might think, I did until I discovered a small area near the Amalfi Coast......it was perfect ! We stumbled across the Furore Inn Resort by chance on a website which gave rave reviews, never one to believe everything I read I contacted the Hotel Manager Alfonso. He was the most diligent and helpful host, always making suggestions and of course being Italian...very charming ! We were treated like royalty and the Hotel was amazing, with only 22 rooms and 3 pools there seemed to be more staff than guests !! Everyone was there to help and we couldn't have found a more idyllic location for our Reception.

"You Want the Moon......No Problem !"

We had our Wedding Reception meal on our beautiful terrace overlooking the sea as the sun went down and the wonderful staff couldn't have done anymore for us. We ate a lovely 7 course meal prepared just for us and our friends while the piano played and even Thomas got up to dance ! It seemed like a dream come true and we will never forget as we arrived, all the staff (chefs, waiters) lined the corridors to greet us with champagne. We of course had no idea this was going to happen, another one of Alfonso's brilliant touches !

furore inn

by genebeans

On Trip Advisor I read many wonderful reviews about this hotel and we are booked there next year.In most comments most people have only one complaint and it is about the rooms themselves not being of high quality. Does anyone know if they have started to refurbish the rooms and will they be done by next summer?
One person from Chicago stayed recently and raved about the views etc. but said the furnishings were like Wal-Mart furniture and not what one would expect from a five star hotel. Anyhow any comments would be appreciated-Thanks

Comments