38 Viminale Street De Luxe Inn

Reggimento CorazzieriReggimento Corazzieri

DowntownDowntown

Colosseum, Rome, Italy 2001Colosseum, Rome, Italy 2001

Main entrance from Piazza SS. ApostoliMain entrance from Piazza SS. Apostoli

looking for restaurant for our wedding dinner

by mouse388

Hi everyone!

We were told by the person who assists us with organizing the wedding, that there is a restaurant between Caracalla Baths and Colloseum that would be great for the wedding reception. However we were not supplierd with the name or address of this restaurant... Does anybody have an idea which restaurant this could be?

we are planning small wedding reception for around 25 people. We're staying in hotel Lirico, which is the very centre of the Rome, so it would be great to find a restaurant that is in a walking distance from the hotel.
Any suggestions about good and suitable restaurants for us?
Will be greatful for any help.

Cheers!

by hawkhead

I'd insist on knowing at least the name of the restaurant before doing any firm booking.

by mouse388

yeah, I know... it feels bit strange. I keep asking but she always fails to answer me about that.

by domenicococozza

The baths are a long way from the Colloseum. There are prbably hundreds of restaurants between the two. If this restarant is, say, closer to the baths than the Colloseum then you and your guests have a long walk on your hands, or an expensive parade of taxis(in both directions).
You could always try Alfredo's for a group booking. A lot depends, of course, on budget and how formal or informal you wan to keep it.

by mccalpin

It's about 1.4 kilometers (almost a mile) from your hotel to the Colosseum - and the Baths of Caracalla are on the far side...so this alleged restaurant is at least a 20 minute walk from your hotel, and potentially a lot farther, as Dominic says.

And in walking from your hotel to the Colosseum, you will have passed or been near to 25,000,000 other restaurants as well. You would be better off getting a restaurant on your end of town (near the hotel), if you want to walk.

Sorry, but that side of town was not the side I lived on, so I don't have any suggestions, and wedding parties are a special case anyway. If you don't get any better suggestions, email me and I'll send you the name of someone who does this for a living in Rome...

Bill

by Roadquill

25M restaurants, damn Bill, and you didn't inlcude the ones you haven't tried...The Old Bear North of Piazza Navona has an upstairs room that would hold 25 people. It is my family's favorite restaurant when in Rome. Karl

by dino335

Well, there is mostly parkland "between" those two sites. I can tell you that I actually passed a wedding reception at a place on the Via de Terme Caracalla a few years ago. Can't tell you the name either. I also ate at a place in the side streets to the east of the Colloseum called Pasqualino that has private rooms for hire. Both of these could be considered in the location indicated.

by mccalpin

Hey, how about going by a grocery store to buy breads, meats, cheeses, fruit, and wine for a picnic dinner, then stroll over to the Piazza della Bocca della Verità, and sit down/each dinner/take turns putting your hands into the "Mouth of Truth"...see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouth_of_Truth and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Holiday for the most famous representation of it in film...yes, last time I was in Rome, I really did see a limo pull up, a bride jump out in the complete wedding dress, and with a scowl on her face, walk up to the stone and stick her hand in...I don't know how much her groom was going to regret making her do that ;-)

OK, maybe you did have a more serious suggestion in mind ;-)

Bill

Travel Tips for Rome

Piazza Repubblica

by Marpessa

Piazza Republica is at the end of Via Nazionale (the end closest to Roma Termini). There is a beautiful fountain in the centre of the Piazza. The fountain is called ‘Najadi’ (Fontana delle Naiada) and was created by Mario Rutelli. ‘Naiad’ is a word for water-nymphs, and there are four of them in this fountain taking on other sea creatures. There is also a man in the centre, holding (or struggling?) with a large fish.

Around the piazza there is also a McDonalds, a cinema, an expensive looking hotel and Santa Maria degli Angeli, a basilica which was originally designed by Michelangelo.

Metro: Repubblica

CLIMATE

by patrikske

The climate in Rome is generally pleasant; warm and sunny in spring and autumn, although sunstroke and heat exhaustion can be a serious threat in mid-summer. Winters are generally mild, though cold spells can occur.

Lamborghini!!!! You KNOW You Want One!

by Lacristina about Lamborghini Shop

Oooops! The recession has many victims. Including this shop. It's gone! Sorry! But I'll leave the tip here in case it returns.

*******************************

Well, maybe just a test drive?

Is this the ultimate in window-shopping or what? Yellow never looked so good on a car.

The Lamborghini shop in Rome is appropriately found on the fabled Via Veneto. Stop in on your way from Piazza Barberini to the Capuchin Crypt, which is just 50 meters down the road toward the Villa Borghese.

The 2006 Lamborghini Murcielago is priced very reasonably at US $279,900 or 223,880 Euros. But if you're watching your centisimi (pennies), maybe you'd prefer the Gallardo. starting at $175,000? The Murcielago (also available as a convertible) or Gallardo The equivalent of the Gross National Product of a small third world country

Dinner with Extras

by msbrandysue about Multiple Restaurants in Rome

While in Rome we had the opportunity to eat many evening meals with added entertainment. My trip to Rome was pre-VT so I don't have the notes of where I ate but your hotel could definitely point you in the right direction.

Usually evening meals run in multiple courses and in between those courses (while servers are cleaning up the last course and bringing out the new) they provide live entertainment. One meal we had a man with his own keyboard singing famous Italian songs. The last night in Rome we went to a very nice place where they had three opera singers entertain us.

Now, in every Italian meal wine is usually included if you by the pre-fixe meal with multiple courses. Because of the unending wine by the end of the evening you're feeling pretty well, along with most of the other guests. So what happens???

Dancing!

It's just a fun time in Italy. Enjoy the wonderful, musical, free-spirited culture. Cheese ravioli was wonderful!

Re degli Amici

by daarth about Re degli Amici

A typical Roman restaurant that opened in 1927. Artists used to frequent here, and often paid the bill with a painting. All of these fine paintings now hang in the rooms of the restaurant. Wonderfull food and a relaxing atmosphere.

Comments