4 you

Via Napoleone III 86, Rome, 00185, Italy

More about Rome

This photo on the wall caught my eyeThis photo on the wall caught my eye

MosaicsMosaics

Art workArt work

Temple of Antonio and Faustina, May 2007Temple of Antonio and Faustina, May 2007

help with entry

by geoff59

I am going for a 3 week holiday to italy with a stop off on the way home to paris and london. I do not need a visa but I have a drug conviction almost 5 years old and my wife has a conviction over 30 years ago will this stop us being allowed to enter italy Do they ask at customs if you have convictions?

by Donna_in_India

Travelling without a visa, I have never been asked about any convictions upon entry anywhere in Europe or U.K. My husband who requires a visa has also never been asked either in person at immigration or on a visa application.

by TexasDave

Agreed. Generally the questions about past convictions come when one makes a visa application, not when physically entering a country.

by xymmot

If all time is served and satisfied with case, you done your time, you should be able to travel anywhere in the EU. Past conviction should have no problem in travel unless there is a probation in travel restrictions.

by domenicococozza

There are thousands of convicted offenders moving in and out of Italy every day.
Many of these will have drug convictions. On arrival at immigration, I doubt you will even be asked a single question, let alone your life story.
However, if you're carrying drugs, beware.

by geoff59

thank you everyone for your answers I and my wife have learnt our leasons involving drugs and would not touch them again and would never be stupid enough to carry them into any country. If we were still using drugs we never would have saved the money to go on a holiday We have finally grown up even if it has taken nearly 50 years and now realise how much we have missed out on by using drugs. We live in Australia and as far as i know you cannot get a pardon for past convictions here. if anyone reading this does take drugs apart from ruining your life you might one day find youself in the same situation as us so really have a good think about what you are doing. Life is pretty good straight

Travel Tips for Rome

Very convienent services

by EllenH

This laundry is very near the termini, has free internet access if you use their service or very cheap otherwise. (1 euro for 1/2 hour) Has 7 hour luggage storage for 2 euro, and has a couple of very friendly Indian brothers I think running it that speak very good English. It was most helpful for us to do our laundry, use the internet, and on way back into Rome we used the luggage storage.
They also have an Indian Fast Food restaurant around the corner which we did not eat at but the price was right, 5 euro for 3 courses. Via Milazzo, 20 B
tel 06.44703096

Mille e tre fontane

by croisbeauty

Some like them some don't but nobody is indifferent to the fountains of Rome. Some like them during day light, I prefer to watch them in a night time. The city fountains are beautifully illuminated what makes them even more attractive. Don't miss evening walks when in Rome and in particularly watching the fountains.

Via Condotti

by Henrik_rrb about Men's and women's Clothing

Right below the Spanish steps you'll find the fashion district of Rome. Via Condotti, and the small streets on it's side, are full of shops from the most famous brands, as Gucci, D&G, Armani and Versace among many.

Prices are therefore high, but if the wallet is big, there is something for everyone.

Via Condotti goes all the way from Piazza di Spagna down to Via del Corso, so there are about 3-400 meters of shopping shopping and more shopping.

The street is also nice in the evening, where most shops have open at least until 7pm. But also since it's a nice walking street, with a lot of lights, and many italians having an evening stroll in the city. Why don't sit down and have a beer or an ice cream at one of the cafe's? Specially fashion clothes, shoes and leather. A lot... you won't find any low cost stores here...

If you're pass-holders or not,...

by yhcho18

If you're pass-holders or not, the most comfortable way to get Rome is to take train.
But I'd like to suggest to reservate the train you'll take above all. And I also want to tell you, ' Be careful of your backpack especially when you take Euro-Night Train to go to Rome!! This'll be important thing if you don't want to regret.
Before I went to Rome, I had ever heard lots of stories about Gypsies there. And most of the people also told me walking would be the better way than taking buses or underground in Rome. Because there would be a little danger of Pick-Pocket in those vehicles.
So I did walk all through Rome for three days..Now I think it was quite useful way to face all the shapes of those historic and fascinating city!

Friendly atmosphere

by alemir82 about Buccilli Osteria

This traditional trattoria has a warm and friendly family atmosphere. They serve a range of traditional Roman dishes; fish dishes; and seasonal game and Porcini dishes. The food is excellent and the prices are reasonable.

Comments