A Casa di Tiziana

Travelocity AMOMA.com Asiatravel.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Rome

Front side of of Victor Emmanuel II monumentFront side of of Victor Emmanuel II monument

The Baroque façadeThe Baroque fa├žade

Pius V side chapel, Santa Maria Sopra MinervaPius V side chapel, Santa Maria Sopra Minerva

Rome - ItalyRome - Italy

budget accomodation

by maltese24

Hi, can someone please recommend me a reasonably priced basic double room with bathroom in Rome? Preferably as central as possible, but if not, i consider non-central hotels.

thanks
Pierre

by worldinabag

Hi

When are you going? How many nights? What is your budget (in euro)? We stayed at B&B Tourist House - http://www.touristhouse.it. Breakfast was pretty ordinary - sweet croissant and instant coffee - but room was good. Our neighbours stayed at Hotel Panda - http://www.hotelpanda.it - which they found quite satisfactory. The B&B Blue Rose - http://www.bbbluerose.com - seems like a good deal but don't know anything else about it.

by Mozumbus

If hostels come into your definition of budget then I can recommend you Hostel Pop Inn, very centrally located i.e. next to Termini. We spent 2 nights overthere and found it satisfactory.

You may like to visit my Rome Accommodation Tip, among other tips, to find further details. I booked it through www.hostelworld.com.

We paid 20 euros per person, in mid June, for mixed dorms. That also included breakfast albeit of ver basic nature. The best thing was its unbeatable location: central, safe, happening, and walking distance from major tourist sites.

Have a great trip....

by jims99

Maltese: my wife and I stayed at Hotel Columbia on Via del Viminale. This recently renovated hotel was a gem - clean room, modern, and excellent loaction. The staff is very friendly. It's a 5 minute walk to main train station (Centrale). It may not compete with prices for hostels, but worth to check their rates.
We chose it based on TripAdvisor.com reviews and it lived up to expectations.

Ciao, Jim

by henry14

I can recommend the Hotel Selene, also on Via Vimale. Great location, 5 minutes walk from Termini and transport links.

www.hotelseleneroma.it/en

by leics

I can recommend two sites:

www.venere.com lists almost all Italian hotels, is reliable and has good mapping and honest guest reviews. If you want a hotel this is by far the best place to look...but be aware that Rome, like all tourist-popular European cities, is not cheap for accommodation.

www.hostelbookers.com lists the same number of hostels as hostelworld but does not require a deposit when booking (which I believe hostelworld does).

www.domushotel.com is lovely, clean, quiet and central..but not the cheapest.

by maltese24

thanks for everyone for your tips....i managed to book something reasonable.

cheers and good day.
Pierre

Travel Tips for Rome

Rome Tip

by miaou

My friends and I visited Rome in October, a low season. Tourist mobs had returned home and we were endowed with plenty of sunshine during our trip. Mind you it was October! Italians are wonderful people. They are so eager to share their culture with foreigners. Definitely one of my most memorable trips...

WHAT TO WEAR

by Amphitrite

A big one and an extra one. You will go shopping. I promise. In terms of "blending in," my blonde self had no hope. That said, the best way, if you are a young person, to do so is to mirror what the Italians wear. Large, very designer sunglasses are a must. Italians take these very seriously-- you will see sunglasses stores literally everywhere. I bought a huge pair of Diors while I was there-- and I fit in until I got back to the USA, where everyone thought I had become "Euro!"
Miss Sixty jeans and bright colors are very "in" for teens and young twenties.
Be wary of heels-- cobblestones killed some of my shoes! That said, bring a pair for going out, but make sure they are "stable."
If there is anything you "forgot" don't fret-- you will find that which you are looking for and more in Rome! Bring sunscreen. Italians naturally are darker than most US/Europeans-- so be prepared to find only spf 10 in Italy!

Handmade terracotta and ceramics in Rome

by Lacristina about Il Giardino di Domenico Persiani

This lovely and charming shop offers artisan quality terracotta and ceramics, much of it perfect for your garden, as you see in the photo. Busts, masks, vases and other art objects, most of them copies of typical ancient Roman art objects. You can spend anywhere from 10 euros up to hundreds on the largest items. I bought several items and paid in cash and was able to bargain for a discount of about 15%.

You could buy one of these! I...

by acemj

You could buy one of these! I wonder if they sell it by the pound? My friend Victoria is only about 5'2' so you can tell how small this car is!
If anyone knows what the make and model is, I'd love to know.

Indian in Trastevere

by kbsunnyside about Jaipur

Spacious and comfortable with good service and ok prices. There's a small outdoor area, but inside is best. The food is very good and with a group you can share a variety of dishes and spend time chatting.

Comments