A Testaccio da Max B&B

Via Orazio Antinori 7, Rome, 00153, Italy
A Testaccio da Max B&B
Expedia.com Hotels.com Venere.com

More about Rome

Part 2 of the que to get in !!!!Part 2 of the que to get in !!!!

me in front of  the Pantheonme in front of the Pantheon

The replacement angel by VerschaffeltThe replacement angel by Verschaffelt

Trevi FountainTrevi Fountain

Traveling over Easter

by elyse256

I am visiting Rome for the first time over Easter Weekend, staying Sun-Tues. I am coming to live near Rome for the summer, so I am not concerned about seeing everything during these few days, but I would like to know what would be best to see during this time. My concern is that much of the city will be closed due to the holiday. Any and all advice would be helpful. :-)

by leics

Personally I'd focus on the central 'outdoor' sights: the Forum, Colosseum, Palatine Hill (they should all be open), maybe a wander round Trastevere to see the remnants of Medieval Rome, maybe a bus trip and then a walk along the Appian Way, maybe St Peter's if the queues aren't too long.

Leave all the museums till you are living there (and visits to Ostia Antica, Tivoli etc). Just wander round the city (it's very walkable) and get a real feel for the place.

by craic

oh you are lucky - you have plenty of time to stretch out and get the feel of the city

maybe a bus trip up over the giancolo - especially at sunset - i did that by mistake once and it was great - maybe a wander down by the tiber

pick a couple of things you really fancy - I don't know if this is your first trip

by abarbieri

Elyse,
You will love Rome like everybody else here on VT. Have a look to the many tips you find on the Rome Travel Pages (Things to do, off the beathen path, ect..) just to get a general idea and take a note of those places that seem more interesting to you.
Antonio

Travel Tips for Rome

Il Capitolio & I Musei Capitolini

by Laura_Mexico

This is the "Roman Capitol" (il Capitolio), and right on both sides of this central square in front of it you will find 2 identical buildings which house the Musei Capitolini, which are REALLY big and full of interesting pieces of art. You will spend a good time getting here (you have to walk uphill) and touring the museums, and it's worth it!

Roseto Comunale

by melissa_bel

June is the best month to visit the rose garden. If you walk down from the Orange Park, not far from the Circus Maximus, you will find the city's rose garden. It has 2 sections. The most beautiful one is with the tea roses. It is a real enchantment. They come in every colors and shapes imaginable: yellow, red, orange, white, pink, even blue! Climbing roses, dwarf roses, bush roses, etc. You can go smell them but don’t touch! The flowers will wither faster if you do.

24 Hour tickets

by BlueBeth

We stayed just outside Rome in a little village called Campoleone (full of vineyards!) which had it's own train station and regular trains into Rome. The journey was 15-20 minutes and the trains were always clean (apart from the grafitti which is everywhere) and mostly on time. We decided to buy the 24 hour ticket, or B.I.R.G. this entitled us to travel into Rome on the train and then use unlimited buses and the Metro. It was only 7euros which we found to be great value, especially towards the end of our trip when we were hopping on and off the Metro and the buses almost all day. Walking around Rome is fantastic, the scenery is amazing, but sometimes you really need a ride!

Disappointment

by traveloturc about Fior di luna

With the guidance of VT members I decide to visit the Ice Cream shop
After long investigations I ve manage to find the place and to tell the truth
it was complete dsappointment because although very positive opinions of all VT members
I didnt find any practical difference and particularity of any Ice Cream shop in Roma.
I only wanted to share my personal views wit you..

A divine view

by ema522

First a disclaimer: I didn't do this myself because I'm a coward and an acrophobic, but I did lend my camera to my braver friend who took some incredible shots from the top of St. Peter's dome. Be warned that the climb is not for the faint of heart. There's an elevator but it only goes up so far. Once you reach the dome, you have to climb up very old, rickety stairs that curve along the interior and narrow as you reach the top - one of my friends said that she was glad she did it, but she will never do it again! This is naturally one of the best vantage points in the whole city because it is the tallest building in Rome. Although I haven't looked it up, I suspect there's a law to that effect.

Comments