Accademia Hotel Rome

Accademia Hotel
Booking.com Venere.com Travelocity

Costs 54% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Accademia Hotel Rome

its a great place to stay for a short period of time.

march 10-14. stayed in hotel accademia. front desk people are very accommodating even if we arrived so late from our trip. the second floor
rooms are clean, newer, better and well-equipped, room 103 needs renovation.
its centralized, just two blocks and you're in trevi fountain, shuttle buses to take you anywhere and they have tours they can arrange for you,. food was excellent (breakfast)-not just continental breakfast. exchange for your dollar is just around the corner-so as souvenir shops and restaurants. its a place i recommend and we will stay there again if we will come back.

Some staff not so friendly

by TripAdvisor Member luckylucky

The hotel was really nice and clean and was very centrally located. The room was quite spacious. Most staff are very friendly except the woman at the reception desk in the mornings. We had a problem with our phone, she tried the number for us on speakerphone, it worked as i could hear the person on the other line answering but she hung up and told me that number didn't work! when we checked out and handed the key back, she didn't even look at us or say bye! I've never met hotel staff so rude in my life! She really spoilt our stay at this hotel.

a safe bet

by TripAdvisor Member nottsadviser

We stayed here from 7th-9th march 2005.It is clean and tidy.The room was a good size and had a balcony. The double glazing was effective and we were actually able to sleep -rare for a Rome Hotel,especially near the Trevi.
The breakfast room is pleasant and large enough. I would sum this hotel up as a safe bet. The location is excellent and the hotel itself offers well modernised and efficient facilities without being flash.We paid 140 euros per night and i think it was worth it.If you book through a third party on the net make sure you get a record of the agreed room rate with your confirmation.
Notably the minibar in the room offered drinks cheaper than the bars and cafes around the area.There are two good supermarkets near the hotel where you can purchase meat,wine,cheese etc if you want to avoid over priced bars.
A word of warning -if staying here and visiting the Vatican area, do not be lulled into sitting down for coffee and cake in Cafe fratelli at the top of Borgo Pio. They will charge you about 24 euro for two. Buy from the street vendors and sit on the steps near St peters.

Very good / centrally located

Great location, staff is extremely helpful, good breakfast. This hotel is about 1/2 blk from the Trevi Fountain. You can walk to the Coloseum, Forum, Pantheon, Borgesse Gallery, Spanish Steps and many other sights.
If you read Rick Steve's book, he mention's some strolls thru Rome. These
are also just outside the hotel entrance.

The rooms are very comfortable and clean. This was the best service
we had in Italy. (Florence, Venice, Sorrento & Cinque Terre).

I would definetly go back to this hotel.

Mario

good location, poor rooms

I recieved very good reccomendations about this hotel from my tourist agent. I wasn't really sure about it, because it was only 3 stars hotel, but somehow I was convinced to take it, althogh it was very expensive - much more than other 4 stars hotels. However, once we got there I was very dissappointment, as the room we recieved was really poor, tiny and noisey and the bathroom was old and in a bad condition - not at all like the pictures you see in the hotel website in the internet! To be honest, I nearly started crying, 'cos I felt I was beeing fooled! The receptionist was really nice, and he immedietly changed our room. The other room was also small, but it was very quiet and the bathroom was bigger. I must say, thogh, that the location of the hotel is fantastic (we didn't need public transportatin because all sights were so close), the staff is very friendly and helpfull and breakfast is very good. Overall, I still think that the hotel is not value the price we payed and I wouldn't go back there, because I find it a bit dipressing to come back after a tiring day to a little cube with an old bath. Next time I will take a 4 stars hotel, even if it's not so perfectly locatrd like hoel accademia.

Excellent situation, cleanliness and breakfast.

The second week of June in Rome (wonderful city). Room in plant(floor) 3 without luxuries, wide, a bit antiquated, but quite very clean bath; individual air conditioning, bar, etc... Daily Change of sheets and towels. The personnel of excellent receipt, there speak perfectly Englishman(English) and Spanish, very attentive and always ready to help yourself in what you need. The excellent, very varied and abundant breakfast. The relation quality I boast, in relation to Spain, expensivly, but treating itself about Rome enough good is in comparison with others.
Advisable hotel, better rooms in plant(floor) 4. Undoubtedly we would return to the same hotel.

Fantastic Location

We stayed for 3 nights at the end of June 05 and the hotel is fantastic value for money. The room was slightly small but contained everything you need and was cleaned every day. The breakfast was good, better than usually served at a european hotel with bacon and eggs, meat and cheese and cereal. The location of the hotel can not be beaten only a 1 minute walk from the Trevi Fountain and within easy reach of the Spanish Steps, Colleseum and Pathenon. Would definately return.

well worth it

The hotels location was well worth the money we paid for the holiday. not 50 yards from the trevi fountain. a central location for everything else. the rooms were a typical city 3star hotel (small), but i didn't come to rome to see the hotel rooms. The room was clean, staff friendly and weather nice. what more could you want.

Lovely Little Hotel

We have just spent three nights in this hotel, on our first visit to rome. We read reviews that stated it's close proximity to the Trevi Fountain and were quite impressed upon our arrival to say that we could hear the water flowing when we opened our windows. The fountain is just a 30 second walk around the corner, however, despite the large crowds that gather around the fountain, the noise from them cannot be heard strangely enough. This hotel is in an excellent location, ideally situated for everything. We had our 5 year old with us and walked to all sights without any problems. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms were very clean, although the decor needed a little attention - but in comparison to all the good points of this hotel, the decor was not an issue with us. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

A Weekend In Rome

by STEFZAMM

"A Romantic Weekend In Rome"

If you are planning to spend a Romantic Weekend in Rome I would suggest a hotel in these areas:

Piazza di Spagna
Trevi
Navona

I will tell you something about these areas:

Considering the Vatican is a Republic on its own I would say Piazza di Spagna is the heart of Rome!
Imagine a 'T' shape street. On the horizantal line you have the Spanish Steps and nice squares.
On the left you have the famous Piazza del Popolo and both left and right boasts of cafes and restaurants.
The Vertical line is Via Condotti, a World renowed street for fashion and branded clothing... Gucci, Prada, Valentino,
Louis Vouitton. You dream it - It's there right on Via Condotti!

You must watch La Dolce Vita before you go to Rome, the Trevi Fountain is spectecular during the day as much as it is by night!
The area around the Trevi Fountain is somehow smaller in scale than the Piazza di Spagna area. It consists of narrow streets and
perhaps shabby buildings .. until you find yourself by this little corner and you see a sign "Fontana Di Trevi" and the street widens into this
small square with this grand fountain. As a matter of fact the building of this square was never completed hence the way it is built in the middle of narrow streets. Around this area you will find restaurants, souvenir shops, cafes and the high street shops which are perhaps more affordable.

You must go to Piazza Navona and take your loved one! I went there single and came back married to the Gianlorenzo Bernini. His powerful works of art are as strong now as they were in June of 1651 when the beautiful Fountain of the Four Rivers was unveiled to the people of Rome and in all fairness my favourite Artist. Piazza Navona is a square full of fountains which are wonderfully and romantically lit by night, surrounded by important buildings, restaurants, cafes and street artists. One of the major cafes called La Dolce Vita is very famous and you can tell by the nice pictures on the wall of all the famous Italian people that went there. On the side roads of this wonderful square there is also a good night life as the area boasts of pubs and bars most of which are catered for the student population and Irish pubs are amongst of the most popular.

"The Cheapest Time to Visit Rome"

I did some work around the hotels. I often check Hotels in Rome because it's one of these place where I wish to go again.

Rome in Autumn must be the best so far for cheaper hotel rooms.
Just to give you a rough idea the prices quoted for 5* hotel in this period are the same prices that you usually pay for a 2* hotel in Spring, Summer and Christmas. In future I should keep Autumn in mind!

I have a couple of suggestions and I think that if you are going to Rome for your anniversary or special occasion, perhaps just for a break and only for a short period of two nights you should go for the best within your budget but would not exlude spending a little more for the luxury of a hotel which usually sells for Euro 1,000 in other times of the year and is now for only Euro 300, Euro 200 etc..

The following are very good hotels which I suggest in my preferred areas:

(The following prices are for a double room for 2 persons for 2 nights, incl. b'fast - 30 Oct and 31 Oct 2010)
(Prices are all refundable which means if booked through booking.com you can claim your money back if
cancelled in advance. You will also find cheaper prices than the ones I am quoting below if you
risk the Non refundable bookings)

Piazza Di Spagna- www.booking.com choose Spagna as district and put in dates to check these hotels.

Grand Hotel Plaza - 5 * - Euro 308.00 $
Hotel Internazionale - 4* - Euro 227.00 $
Hotel Manfredi - 3* - Euro 256.00 - Rated 8.8 Fabolous on Booking.com
La Lumiere di Pizza di Spagna - 3* - Euro 230.00 - Rated 8.2 V.Good on Booking.com
Hotel Forte - 3* - Euro 176.00 - Rated 8 V.Good on Booking.com
Spagna Royal Suite - Brand New - Situated on 4th floor of a historic building - Looks very chic. Euro 249.00 * &
Domus Borgognona - Euro 200.00 - B'fast in bed - Rated 9 Superb on Booking.com ** &
Condotti Palace Deluxe Aparthotel - Euro 249.00 - B'fast in Cafe next door - Rated 8.5 V.Good on Booking.com

* I loved the photos and I think this is very nice but since it is new there are no reviews left by visitors on booking.com
** This also looks very nice.
& These are not 1*-5* hotels but some sort of luxurious accommodation.
$ These two hotels are very nice and usually very expensive but for this period the prices are very low.

Trevi - www.booking.com choose Trevi as district and put in dates to check these hotels.

Hotel Accademia - 3* - Euro 240.00 - Rated 7.8 Good on booking.com *
Best Suites Trevi - Classic Double Room - Euro 190.00 - Rated 8.3 V.Good on booking.com &

* This is one of the hotels that you chose. I like it but perhaps a little expensive compared to the quality of the others.
& Again this is not star rated but a B&B or luxurious suite.

Navona - www.booking.com choose Navona as district and put in dates to check these hotels.

Relais Navona 71 - Situated on Piazza Navona! - Euro 190.00 - B'fast in Cafe Dolce Vita underneath hotel. The rooms available
for this period overlook the internal yard. I'd call you lucky if the rooms overlooking the square become available. &

& This is a Relais rather than star rated.

Choosing Your Hotel!

- Print this e-mail and start removing the ones which are out of your budget.
- Go on www.booking.com choose the districts as indicated above and see the rooms.
- Once you see pictures you will make up your mind on what you like and what you don't like and by now you should
have narrowed your selection by at least half.
- Considering the short break I would put my first priority on Piazza di Spagna, then Trevi and last Navona because the first two are closer to the main sights. Unless you prefer to stay closer to pubs and bars by night then I will put Navona first.
- Don't worry so much about the area if you choose one of these districts because all roads lead to the main sights.
- If you go ahead and choose anything that is not listed above please make sure you will not choose anything close to the Termini Station!
- I cannot tell you which one is the best after all this is your romantic holiday and you should make your choice!

"My Favourite Restaurant in Rome"

This is a really good restaurant. I have told many people I know to go to this restaurant and they all said it was one of their best culinary experience.

This is the restaurant's Web site:

"A Romantic Evening in Rome"

Piazza Navona by night is very Romantic you must go there!

"Rome Hop On Hop Off Bus"

Ideal since you are only visiting for two days or so and if you do all the walking you will be super tired after your holiday!
For a 24 hr ticket which is good since you can continue using it the next day the price starts from Euro 20.00 per person.

"My favourite Villa and Garden - Villa Borghese."

Villa Borghese and its Gardens are so nice. You must see try fit this in if you can. Check out for a brochure at the hotel and look at the viewing times so that you don't go there very early or very late. As you walk into the gardens wait a few minutes for the mini cabs / trains to take you around the garden and to the Villa otherwise you end up wasting 2 or 3 hours of your time. This little train only costs around Euro 1.00 per person.

Crowded, but serene.Crowded, but serene.

Ristorante la Campana, business postcard, May 2007Ristorante la Campana, business postcard, May 2007

Vatican Museums, Frescoed Ceiling, May 2007Vatican Museums, Frescoed Ceiling, May 2007

Favorite Boxer, 30.May.2007Favorite Boxer, 30.May.2007

safe place to sleep

by udgirl

We are looking for a safe place to sleep near the train station, since we have an early morning flight.

I have checked out Bed & Breakfast DaVinci and Hotel Italia. Has anyone stayed at either of these places?

Is it safe to stay near Santa Maria Maggiore, that is very close to the train station and I read lots of warnings about that area.

Thanks,
Sandy

by Agraichen

Not certain which train station you refer to but I stayed a block from Termini and wandered the streets at all hours without issue.

by leics

I stayed very near to both Termini and S. M. Maggiore (which was 2 minutes away from my last hotel) on both my Rome visits and had no problems (single middle-aged female). It's a very convenient area to stay for exploring the city (15 mins downhill walk to the Colosseum) as well as for arrival/departure.

Just find a hotel whose location and budget suit you, then use the common sense you would use in any large city when you're moving around. Don't flash expensive stuff or money, keep your valuables safe, keep your eyes open, stay away from badly-lit areas late at night etc etc.

by Roadquill

My daughter stayed near Termini two years ago with her high school group and did not have any problems. Last month I walked through the neighborhood surrounging Termini at midnight and felt very comfortable. The warnings are more of a carry over from ten plus years ago, before Rome began policing the area better. You still need to be careful, but it is not the danger zone some have made it out to be. My other daughter just stayed at a hotel close to Termini in July with her college courses. I can get the name of the hotel if you want. It seemed professionally staffed. The rooms were good, and there were not any problems. Karl

Comments