Airport Palace Hotel

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 28% less but rated 70% lower than other 4 star hotels

• monica71's Profile Photo

Close to the airport

I spent 1 night at this hotel due to the fact that my flight to Chicago got canceled. The hotel is relatively close to the airport and there is a shuttle bus that takes you there. The problem is that the shuttle runs every hour, therefore you may have to wait a little bit for it. If the traffic is good, you will reach the hotel in about 20 minutes. In my case, it took us almost 1 hour to reach the hotel from the airport. The next morning, though, since I had to be at the airport at 7:30am and there was no heavy traffic, the shuttle got there in no time at all (I think it was even less than 20 minutes).

The hotel is nothing special and it provides basic accommodation needs. My room had a very tiny bed for 1 person and the bathroom was really small. I am not sure how the double rooms are, but the single rooms are small. I hardly had room to open up my suitcase and get some clothes out. Since this was just a 1 night lodging, I did not bother me that much, but it would be hard to stay in such a small room for a longer time.

The hotel restaurant was good and I really enjoyed spending quality time at their bar. Dinner and breakfast were good. Nothing fancy, but good food.

There was classical music being played at the bar and I really enjoyed my cup of tea after the hassle of the flight cancellation! The bar area was not crowded at all (3 people all together) and I really felt relaxed when I left the bar and went up to my room to sleep and get ready for the early morning flight.

If you need a place to stay for an early flight, this may be a good option for you, but I would not stay here if I would be visiting Rome. I am not sure how much a room costs since the airline paid for my room, but I am pretty sure it was not cheap since hotels close to any major airport are not on the cheap side anyway.

• deecat's Profile Photo

For early flights to Rome Airport

On our most recent trip to Italy, we flew into Rome. On our return to the USA, we knew that we had an early morning flight and needed to be near the airport. We learned from a kind manager [Tony] of the Canadian Hotel in L'Aquila that we needed to stay in Ostia Lido [ten minutes from the airport] because it had a free shuttle bus with early morning runs.

Thus, the day before our flight out, we drove from Gaeta to the airport and turned in our rental car. Then, we caught the free shuttle bus from the airport to the Airport Palace Hotel. We did not have reservations, but we were able to get a room. This is a four-star hotel that is expensive, but we were able to get it for 20 Euro less just by asking.

The hotel is quite large with an elegant reservation area, a big bar area with live entertainment nightly, free breakfast for us the next morning, and all the "bells and whistles".

We were only interested in the fact that it was close to the airport, had a free shuttle early in the morning, had a great bathroom and firm beds.

Unique Quality: This 4-star Airport Palace Hotel is quite convenient, clean, efficinet, and friendly. However, I was not at all impressed with the area in Ostia Lido. It's not an area that I would walk around by myself. I guess we were quite spoiled about staying in quaint areas where we felt safe at all times.

This was the only place we were on this trip where we saw homeless, beggers, and groups of teens with mischief on their minds.

However, we were able to find a place to eat pizza rather near the hotel, but it was not easy.

The shuttle bus situation is OUTSTANDING!.

Comments