Via Carlo Cattaneo, 23, Rome, Lazio, 00185, Italy

Booking.com HostelBookers.com Priceline.com

• vickss's Profile Photo

Cheap and decent

I stayed here for two nights in a 8 bed dorm in early October which cost about 25 euro a night with breakfast included. The breakfast is pretty basis though. You get breads and butter/jam along with milk, some juice(the vend was not working when I wanted it).
    You need to clean the utensils(plastic) after you are done with it.
    The dorms are pretty clean with ample space for luggage as there are so many wardrobes.. unlockable I think.
    The beds are comfy enough and the dorm itself is pretty spacious.

The shared bath on my floor(and i guess pretty much the same in others as well) had four units which I found not so good.. It was like really really small.
    Also because of so many users in one floor it was a pain in the morning..
    The floor had a huge corridor(almost as big as my dorm)space in between the two blocks of rooms.. . I wud have been more satisfied with a bigger bath and could have done with a narrow corridor instead.

There is a lift if you wanna avoid the stairs.. but it has a round the clock advisory which says "This lift is faulty and we are not responsible for you if you choose to take the lift."
    The note also says keep quiet in the corridors. Actually the hostel is along with few other residences and so the advisory.

The reception is on 2nd floor and my room was in the 3rd floor. After walking 10 km a day in Rome it was a pain to see the note on the lift but i used to take the lift regularly.. I think it was jus a cautionary note so that people avoid it. The stay was ok, I would say and I wudnt mind recommending it if you can do live with the bathroom problem in the morning. They have an open luggage room if you move in before the check in time or leave after check out time. This is pretty small though and is right next to few chairs for net surfing which is chargeable.. If I remember correctly around 1-1.25 euro per half an hour or something like that.

Unique Quality: The best part is that it is just 5 minutes from the Termini and in one of the lesser crowded streets.

The hostel hosts a pasta party during the weekdays.. However, if you are banking on it for your supper.. make sure you are there at the opening time.. It finishes off soon thereafter.. tks to hungry backpackers.. I missed my pasta...:-)

Directions: Take left 4m main gate of Termini(u hav bus stand in front).Walk left 2-3 blocks(rows of pizzerias & mcdonalds on other side of street).Take right@via cattaneo(lotsa parked cars),cross small park(unused)& walk straight 2 hit hostel on th block after park

• AndreSTGT's Profile Photo

Cheap n cheery

Given the exorbitant accomodation prices in Rome, staying in a hostel might be the best option for the budget-conscious traveler.
    There are three different Alessandro Hostels in Rome, all of them located near Termini.
    I stayed at Alessandro Downtown which has the advantage of having a fully equipped kitchen where you can cook your own food (not that i ever used it, i'm not that desperate).
    They have a couple of 8-12 bed dorms which go for 15-20€ per bed. The showers and toilets are modern and usually clean, so no complaints. Internet acces is 2,50€ per hour.

• johntchow's Profile Photo

the alessandro downtown was...

the alessandro downtown was where i stayed for the week.
    $13 /night

Unique Quality: co-ed bedrooms and bathrooms. kitchen and dining facilities. internet access. clean. warm and clean bedding. fun and young atmosphere.

Directions: its located about a 5 minute walk from the roma termini. its kinda hard to locate once you get there. its off a side street and there isnt a big sign or anything. theres just this really big door and

• SydneyGal's Profile Photo

Hostel Alessandro Palace and...

Hostel Alessandro Palace and Alessandro Palace Downtown. I was pretty happy with my stay at Hostel Alessandro. It was generally clean (for a hostel!) and had kitchen facilities, which were great for a change ('home' cooking'). Nice friendly staff too.

More about Alessandro Downtown Hostel

Big Time!

by 80-bettyboo about ALESSANDRO DOWNTOWN HOSTEL

Near the train station and helpfull staff...
no curfew... 24 hours reception,no curfew,internet access,full kitchen ,if u want you can cook.
near everything you need..

Hostel Alessandro - Clean, fun, adequate in Rome

by rmkwebdesign about Alessandro Downtown Hostel

I stayed at the Hostel Alessandro Downtown for three nights in Rome this July. Very friendly and helpful staff. I stayed in a co-ed dorm with 10 people. Laundry facilities, decent breakfast (rolls/jam/butter, unlimitted cereal w/milk, unlimited juice and coffee), Internet access for 2.5 Euro per hour, vending machines. Bathrooms are single-ed, two private shower stalls, a few sinks and a few toilets stalls (on the floor I stayed on). Rooms and bathrooms were very clean, better than average. Lockers were very, very small, less than average (barely large enough for a medium sized backpack, not large enough for a suitcase). Several flights of stars to get to room, hotel offers tours of the Vatican and Roman ruins areas - tours are pretty good. Medium-small dorm rooms allow for friendly contact with roommates, versus hughe dorms of 40+ where you don't meet anyone. Felt safe at the hostel. No A/C at this hostel. I'd stay here again in Rome if I decided to stay in a hostel versus a hotel.

College students: Rome on New Years

by miamigirlkmb

I am a member of an honors organization at my college and approximately 10 of us and our professor are taking an independent group trip to Rome and Florence from Dec. 29-Jan. 6. In Rome, we are staying near the Termimi at the Alessandro Downtown Hostel. My question is where is a good place to eat in Rome on New Years for college students that cannot afford a meal above 100euros. Also, somewhere that I can make reservations would be fantastic because there are so many of us. We are all really into Italian culture and want to have a good special meal together on the holiday before we hit up the piazzas. Also, what are the best piazzas to go to? I have heard of Quirarle, di Spagna and del Popolo. Any other recommendations on what to do?

Comments