Via Vittorio Veneto 62, Rome, RM 00187

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 36% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• No reason not to stay here

We had two rooms and our room 327 was a third floor overlooking Via venetowith no noise problem-The room was redone and very clean and serviced twice a day. The breakfast was simple, fast and as good as necessary. The hotel location was terrific and I wnet with other peoples suggestions who reported a good stay such as Cardwatcher and they were right on target. some people complained about no A/C and we did not encounter any of that in the hottest time ever in Rome at 37c every day. This is a fine reasonably priced hotel unless someone just has the need to spend more money in the area but we really enjoyed our stay. Very friendly staff.

Unique Quality: Great location-taxi,s available all the time and walking distance to most sites.

• cardwatcher's Profile Photo

Feeling like an Ambassador

This was the perfect place for a first time visit. Its location was perfect. We were able to walk everywhere in the city easily and for those out of the way places there was a metro stop with a few blocks in either direction. For our day trip to Pompeii we were within a 15 min walk to the train station Termini Station. The staff was just what we needed. The airline had lost our luggage and had given us a phone # to call and check on the status. The hotel manager took our info and called repeatedly, securing our luggage the next morning. They provided a
    great corner room with 2 large windows. The bathroom was better than I had expected. Completely marbled with all the comforts you are accustomed to at home. The free breakfast was just right to start the day. It included fruit, eggs, bacon, pastries and cereals. The wait staff was polite and accomodating. They actually waited for my friend and I one morning when we slept a little later. Overall, this hotel helped to make my first trip to Rome one I will never forget.

Directions: directly across from the US embassy - and next door to the Hard Rock Cafe

• Fellini Fans, this is your area!

I went on a Perillo off season tour to Rome and we were upgraded to this hotel. It was great. The hotel was beautiful and the service at the front desk was very formal but very nice. Anything we asked for they did very quickly. I wasn't happy with my room and was upgraded in minutes. The maids were packing up my things when I went back to start doing it myself. Good food, fast room service. Very nice bathroom, very clean. comfortable beds, medium size room. Taxis arrived in minutes.Bus stop very close. Excellent buffet breakfast and coffee. Nice waiters and maids.

Unique Quality: This hotel was located on the Via Veneto, It was close to the American Embassy, The Cafe Doney from The Fellini movie,and close to Borghese Gardens.
    There were many points of interest about Fellini in this area, if you are a Fellini fan, this is the place for you.
    Across the street was a news stand, and many little cafes. Down the hill was a good bar for sandwiches , beers and sodas, and lots of chocolate. Good stationary store too. Up towards Borghese gardens and cafe Doney were really great shoe stores.
    Right before the bar was a strange night club in a basement, you could look in through a small window near the sidewalk. and there was a man playing an organ in a 60's style velvet tux, with 60's style decor, he saw us looking in and he motioned for us to come in, but it was a little strange, very felliniesque!
    Hard Rock cafe a few blocks away. This hotel is also a meeting place for government officials, one night there was some kind of meeting going on with many body guards and limos everywhere. Lots of Italian guys on Harley Davidsons cruise here too. It was a great area, lots of unexpected sights. I wish I could afford this hotel in reality. I really got my 900 bucks worth on this trip!

Directions: Via Veneto, near American Embassy