Anglo Americano

theodoreconrad's Profile Photo

Nice hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 4, 2007

This hotel has alot around it. Near the Trevi fountain, the Cattacombe dei Cappuccini, a very famous museum, the sight of a famous battle during WWII, and the metro system, not to mention all sorts of shops. The hotel itself I thought to be very nice. The desk clerks in the day are kind of rude, and very short with you, but the rooms are nice. The night clerk is very helpful. Yes, smoking is allowed in the rooms so you might be bothered by that. But my room, which was like a suite with five beds, was clean, had a great view, and was cozy. The 'do not disturb' sign means nothing to the maids though, so expect your room to be made up when you return in the evening. The breakfast wasn't bad, they had meats and cheeses, and hard bread, and cereals and different kinds of coffee/cappuccinos. I don't know how much this is normally because I got it in a package my friend's university made as a charter trip. I do know that we had only four people staying in our room so we invited a friend to use our extra bed and they tried to charge us 100 extra euros, but we left without paying that.

Unique Quality: Close to so much, nice beds, good feel all around

Absolutely Terrible

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 23, 2006

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I do quite a bit of traveling, and this place was far and away the worst. The service is extremely rude. They convieniently "lost" my party's reservation and had us stay in 2 seperate rooms for 100 euro more than the origional reservation. We arrived very late and did not have time to find another hotel, they definitely took advantage of the situation. The breakfast is a joke. The rooms are dirty, smelly and in need of repair. The hotel turned a otherwise great visit to Rome to a mediocre experience. I can not say enough here to convey my disgust with this overpriced trap. Stay away. Far away.

Unique Quality: Very, very rude desk men.

Directions: Via Venetto, Trevi, Piazza di Spagna

Great value on last minute site

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 27, 2005

We stayed in this hotel last month, and it was a great location and the staff were really friendy and helpful. The best thing was we booked in only a week before leaving using the http://hotelhome.biz/ web site, which gave us a great discount.

Unique Quality: Location and friendly staff. Close to all the major attractions.

oneonta_ni's Profile Photo

Good location anyway

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 24, 2002

I don't know if I would really recommend this hotel. It is a 4* hotel and we managed to get a good rate on octopustravel.com. However, when we were there in August 2002, the hotel seemed to be in the middle of renovations and the rooms were not really what I would expect of a 4* hotel.

Buffet breakfast was included in the price but this was a bit disappointing, too. There was a selection of rolls, yogurt and cereals but the 'fruit juices' were more like fizzy drinks.

However, our room on the 6th floor was quiet and the air-conditioning worked - our two main priorities for our visit. It is located fairly centrally, near via Veneto and about a 10 minute walk to the Spanish Steps.

Perhaps the renovations are now complete and it may be worth it - but they might have raised the prices to match!

Directions: Near Piazza Barberini.

Nearby Anglo Americano

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Rome Travel Forum

Need advice about Rome, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Rome and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Rome hotel reviews