Ap05 Colosseo

Via Leonina, Rome, 00184, Italy

More about Rome

Piramide di Caio CestioPiramide di Caio Cestio

Egyptian Antinous, Vatican Museums, May 2007Egyptian Antinous, Vatican Museums, May 2007

Myself, Mayuki and geetha on the way to the SpagnaMyself, Mayuki and geetha on the way to the Spagna

Trevi FountainTrevi Fountain

Where to stay.

by Jayarep

Hi! This coming November we are travelling to Rome,and that would be our first time.I an confused and need your assistance,WHERE TO STAY.Let me explain a bit more.We are keen to stay in a B&B.Most of the B&B's that I have seen on the internet are in the Vatican area.I am told that the Vactican is far from the center say Trastevere.I dont even know if that is correct.The Google maps do not tell me too much.Can anybody suggest some moderatly priced B&B's in central Rome,maybe near the Termini.
I will appreciate all replies.
Many thanks.
Jayarep.

by Mozumbus

We stayed at Hostel Pop Inn, you may like to follow my tip for details: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tp/1e970c/

btw, there are plenty of budget hostels, B&Bs, and hotels around Roma Termini, have you tried www.hostelworld.com

by worldinabag

Hi

Yes I agree I would not stay in the Vatican Area. The Termini area is fine and there are many cheap accommodation options. Maybe try B&B Blue Rose - http://www.bbbluerose.com.

Maybe this could help

by blusky

Hey there!

I have been many times in Rome and I think you'll be much better connected with the attractions staying near Termini station, while there pass both metro lines.
As for the B&B in Rome, I don't have any experience, but I have heard many people staying in it without any problems.
I found a link that might be useful to you and you might find some other area in the center that could be interesting too.

As for how far Vatican is from city centre take for instance piazza Navona, I wouldn't say it's too far, since there are about 20 minutes walk and from there you have Pantheon and other sites in a walking distance range.

Welcome to Rome and I hope your staying will be wonderful :)

by Jayarep

Hi!
Many thanks for your useful tip.I will definitely check out the web site that you have sent me.
I am being offered a good apartment on Via Innocenzo XI,seems to be near the Vatican.Can you tell me if that would be a good area to stay for a week,and are there eating places and supermarkets near Via Innocenzo XI.
Will wait for your reply.
Cheers.
Jayarep

Via Innocenzo XI

by blusky

I checked map of Rome and since you are coming for the first time to Rome, I would recommend more central location. You're not too near the metro and you'll have to walk around 20 minutes to the Vatican and believe me, after a long day of walk through the center you would be much happier to stay near the centre, that way you would be able to move much easier having metro lines in the nighbourhood.
The nearest metro station to via Innocenzo XI is Baldo degli Ubaldi and it isn't too near. Anyhow try for more central location, at least between or around Castel Sant'Angelo and Vatican if you prefer Vatican area.

by andrea_uk

Hi, Rome is full of accommodation. If you wish to book a b&b near Termini station I have found a good list of bb near termini where i have booked mine. To view the list follow http://www.bookhotelsinrome.com/rome/b&b/bed_breakfasts_rome.htm

Travel Tips for Rome

Silke's most favourite building

by chicabonita

My friend Silke liked this building best. I liked it more the more I've seen of it ...

I have read in my travel book that the monument was built to honor Vittorio Emanuele II, the first king of the united Italy.

It is increadible how huge it is! It was also the building we passed the most while walking around. Don't asked me why! :-))

Third time is a charm! The first time we saw it we couldn't visit because the president of Malta was coming. The second time it was too late! It closes at 4.30 pm. Finally the third time we had sufficient time to explore this impressive and amazing monument!

The earliest inhabitants of Rome

by janchan

Rome is also the city of the cats... they are everywhere, and many of them live around Roman ruins.
In Largo Argentina there's the Sanctuary of cats, where good-hearted volunteers help, cure and feed them.

If you get around... don't forget to visit... they need your offers too ! :)

Clothing

by Gloke about Via Corso

When you walk on via corso you will see the main stores of all the big designers. When you pass to the side streets though you will find nice shops too with reasonable prices. Also you are free to walk in and out in those shops while in the main street the shopowners will follow you around in the store which bothered me very much. Be sure to have a lot of money when you want to buy on Via Corso

Step by step

by ayesh

Allright, now that you´re IN the city at the spot where you want to begin.... just start walking!!!
This is absolutely the best way to get into the heart of Rome. You will walk from one beautiful excavation to the next immense ancient building. Make sure you plan to do the big ones before you start otherwise you will wonder around for ever.

Chinese restaurant Very RELAXED atmosphere

by vysnaite about Città in Fiore

A very relaxed and informal place for a long night out. No rush at all. It's also a popular place among gay couples. Everything is slow and relaxed there. Food is good and cheap. Spring Rolls, Grilled vegetables, Fried Ice - Cream (this one is greeeeat!), Jasmine tea.

Comments