Via Valgia Silvilla 71, Rome, 00181, Italy
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Rome

Mix salad greensMix salad greens

Battistero Lateranense - InteriorBattistero Lateranense - Interior

My ticket (yes its faded)My ticket (yes its faded)

The Trevi fountain, again!The Trevi fountain, again!

Any cheap hotel stay in Rome?

by sujsridhar

I am going to Rome for 5 nights soon and was hoping if there are any cheap hotels anyone recommends? close to city centre

by globetrott

I stayed in hotel Il Castello, nothing special but quite cheap and in walkingdistance from the termini trainstation:

by leics

I always look at www.venere.com (as do many other Vt-ers). It is a reliable site listing almost all Italian hotels, with honest guest reviews (they can't be posted unless a stay booked through the site has been completed) and good mapping.

I last stayed in the rather nice www.domushotel.com (booked through venere) but I would not call it 'cheap'. Rome is not a ceap city.

You might also consider hostel accommodation. Look at www.hostelworld.com and www.hostelbookers.com

Or possibly a convent or monastery stay:

by TravelingMan786

I booked a room for 28th and 29th June at the Hotel Capri. The description on their website sounds really good. The lowest rate seemed to be booking directly with the hotel. Don't confuse the Capri with the Caprice. I stayed there 2 years ago. It was horrible and rather expensive.

by TravelingMan786

by ATLC

Most important is to be close to a metro station. With the metro you are just about 'close' to anything.
I stayed near Termini station too (like globetrott) and it was very convenient.

by Mozumbus

I would agree to the idea of staying near Termini, this saves others costs, hassle, and time.

by hk_nyc

Just got back 2 weeks ago. My wife booked at the Hotel Panda.
It was half as much as the other hotels I was finding.
It's in the Spanish Steps area on one of the cute shopping streets.
The 2 main issues are:
rooms are small - think cruise ship, but we never spent time their anyway.
It's on the second floor and it's a walk-up, so could be an issue for some people.
Staff was very friendly/helpful and it has overwhelming positive reviews on Trip Advisor,
so I agreed with my wife to stay there and recommend it.

Hotel Orlanda

by vincentbuhagiarooooo

We had stayed @ Hotel Orlanda near Termini.
Location 5 stars
Service V.good
cleaness V.good

by Heatonkbrewer

We stayed at Hotel Navona, only a block or two from Piazza Navona. Great central location, not expensive.

HOTEL NAVONA
Website : www.hotelnavona.com
via dei Sediari, 8 (Piazza Navona) 00186 ROMA
Reservation Desk VOICE: 0039 - 06 - 68. 64. 203
E -Mail : info@hotelnavona.com
FAX 0039 - 06 - 68. 80. 38. 02 ( from USA or Canada 01139)

Travel Tips for Rome

Where to buy the matchtickets

by Calcio

There is a big ticket office beside the curva sud at the stadium, right to the left when you arrive on the big street from the river. You’ll be able to find tickets on the matchday for almost every game, but for a really big game it could be a good idea to try to find a ticket in advance, specially if you’re doing a long trip just to see this game. You can buy tickets via the teams homesites and also in different club shops all over Rome.
There are always a lot of people who wants to sell tickets to you on the black market outside the stadium. So far I’ve never bought a false ticket in Rome, but almost everytime I end up paying too much, or thinking the ticket goes to a better section on the stadium than it actually does. The “bagarini”, ticket-sellers, in Rome, are really the worst. They aren’t happy until they really have tricked you, in one way or another.

Laura Pausini -I got one CD...

by zheyy

Laura Pausini -
I got one CD from a friend recently. The singer is Laura Pausini.

It was my first time to listen to Italian songs so carefully, and I didn't know why those songs touched me so much, though I actually don't know the meaning of lyrics at all.

Now I know music dose have power coming across any boundaries or barriers.

Laura's voice and those beautiful songs bring back all my memories about the short trip in Italy. The sunshine, gentle breeze, smell of sea, pavement on the street, aroma of coffee, lovely market in small town.......too much vivid memories to give a complete list. All scenes and feelings are so fresh as if they just happened yesterday!

I don't know the reason, nor can't I tell clrealy, I only know something there, in that country far away, did touch part of my heart deeply.

If I close eyes, I almost could see those scenes again....

I know I will go back there again someday, with more dreams kept along years.....

Cheep Super Market

by moacha about CONAD

It is on the under ground floor of the Termini station.
Although the signboard a "drugstore" is attached without knowing why,
in fact, it is a supermarket.
Although the kind of articles is not necessarily extraordinarily abundant,
Price is quite cheap compared with other supermarkets.

I bought four two-pieces of breads, salad with dressing, four apples ,four bananas, fruit yogurt, and two Cork lights. I paid 8.9 euros. It is quite cheap.
The price of bread was 0.49 euro in two pieces. The taste is not bad, either.

When traveling in Italy Rome...

by wayward_son

When traveling in Italy Rome is a good jumping off point with one of Europe’s largest airports. From the airport you can either catch a train or take a taxi into the city.
For getting around the city taxis are easy to come by and the subway is manageable with stops at all the major sights.

Navona Apartment ~ Our self catering apartment!

by Jenniflower about Navona Apartment

Isn't it strange, that no matter how many different restaurants one goes to, there is still nothing better than a good home cooked meAl :) Well, that's the way we feel, anyway!

We would go down to the local Spar (about an 8 minute walk away, right next to the Pantheon), and stock up on food, whether fruit, cheeses, vegetables, breads (no pastas as we were having enough of those eating out! haha), and just make our own food. We aren't big breakfast eaters anyway, so would just have toast or a light cereal to start the day off. Lunches and dinners were generally eaten out on the road, or on a hot day (especially if baby needed a sleep) we would come home, and then would cook at home.

One of the things I love about cooking in another country is using different ingredients and foods, even when you cant understand the language on it :) Everything, but of course! ;)

Comments