Via di Porta Castello 33, Rome, 00193, Italy
Venere.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about At Your Place

Ideal for a stay in Rome

by TripAdvisor Member Glynner

For an enjoyable stay in Rome, At Your Place B&B provides excellent accommodation and is incomparable to staying in any hotel due to its intimate warmth & friendliness.
Accommodation is excellent: room large and bright, v comfortable bed, bathroom, breakfast, lovely building with character. It is very easy to find with accurate directions with bus 40 from the railway station stopping near its door. Luca is a terrific host and so helpful. Nothing is hassle. Great location close to Vatican & within walking distance to Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Trevi, Piazza di Spagna, Piazza del Popolo, Trastevere, Campo dei Fiori, a convenient bus journey to Colosseum. Highly recommend and would definitely stay there in the future.

Very basic

by TripAdvisor Member icouteau

Our stay was ok but nothing special. The reviews oversold this humble B&B which led to our disappointment. The “4-star rooms” were furnished with Ikea furniture. Since when is Ikea 4-star quality? The bedding and chairs are white which makes every stain visible. Other people have obviously used the hotel room before me but I prefer not to see evidence of their stay. The soundproofing advertised on the website does little to help with the noise from other guests. We heard every word of every conversation in the room next to us. They were early risers which meant we were woken up early every morning. I have traveled to Rome before and wanted to try a new area of the city for our stay. The area near Castel Sant’Angelo is not very exciting. You can walk to the areas filled with nightlife & restaurants but if we return we would prefer closer to the city life. At Your Place’s prices are low but I can’t help but think there are better places to stay.

Excellent value for money right next Vatican Museums

by TripAdvisor Member bruxelles123

Me and my wife had a cosy twin bed room and enjoyed the warm welcome of Luca the owner. The price/quality ratio of the B&B was excellent when compared to average hotel accomodation in the vatican area (160 Eur on weekdays). The B&B is half way between the Vatican Museums (you can buy tickets online and avoid queues) and Via Cola di Rienzo. We enjoyed so much shopping in the fashion stores of Via Cola di Rienzo. It is not crowded as the main high streets (Condotti) and is definetely less expensive.

We recommend this place to anyone

by TripAdvisor Member G_Q2009

Not only was At Your Place a great value, the location is excellent and the service, magnificent. The person responsible for the B&B went out of his way to make us comfortable, helping out when my girlfriend fell ill and later suggesting the right times to visit the different sites. He also suggested a great restaurant that equally provided great service and wonderful food.

Very kindness host!

by TripAdvisor Member gutyoko

It was my frist time in Rome,
This place is very easy to access sights.
and the room is very clean and comfotable.
Specially, The host is very kindness,
Thanks for your helps!
I am very pleasure be the 1st chinese guest.

Lovely place with thoughtful owner

by TripAdvisor Member Dermork

We - a young couple and our 1,5 yrs old boy - spent some days there. With a shuttle service incl. baby seat organized by the owner, baby bed and even with baby milk in the fridge everything was prepared perfectly. The place itself was very clean, nicely furnished and cosy.

A wonderful place and an excellent host

by TripAdvisor Member EdiGermany

The B&B is a wonderful place with nice, clean and comfortable rooms decorated with flavoured. The host, Luca ist the best host I have never met before, he helps you in every situation and at any time, he let you feel at home!!!!

The B&B is very central situated near the Vatican and in few minutes you can reach all sights by foot or by metro.

very nice place and great owner

by TripAdvisor Member vixmancuso

I'm Italian and I've been in Roma many times, and I never experienced a better place than "At your place". The place is very convenient for visiting Roma while staying close to what really matters in that great ancient city! In particular, the B&B is located in a quite and safe area near by S.Peter, Vatican City and its wonderful museums, Castel Sant'Angelo and Tiber (Tevere) river, and also Trastevere with its great restaurants, pubs and "trattorie" and pizzerie is walking distance. From the B&B, one can easily reach - in a few minute walk through a safe and clean area - the underground that goes to Piazza di Spagna and to the Colosseo. The rooms look great, very clean and comfortable, everything is brand new in this B&B, and the breakfast is delicious (do not miss the "cornetti", a local version of hot croissant with or without nutella inside!!!). Most inportant, Luca, the B&B owner, is extremely gentle and always there to help you or give you a nice suggestion for everything you will need (places to visit, nice restaurants or places where to eat great roman food for real Italian people, not just for tourists!).

Fantastic location. Clean, friendly service

by TripAdvisor Member ConnieCambridge

Excellent location easy walking distance to most places of interest. Rooms were super clean and nicely furnished. Luca was very kind and helpful, lovely tea and cakes on arrival with very good continental breakfast the two mornings I was there. My sister and i had access to the B&B whenever we wanted during the time we were there.

EXCELLENT *** felt home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member laura2709

Wonderful place, excellent value, super clean, great host with lost of useful tips...it can hardly get any better!!!!

Ticket Office at Roman Forum EntranceTicket Office at Roman Forum Entrance

Santa Maria in Cosmedin, Roma, May 2007Santa Maria in Cosmedin, Roma, May 2007

Ara Pacis Museum, Interior, May 2007Ara Pacis Museum, Interior, May 2007

In St. Peter's BAsilica-sculpted figure of PopeIn St. Peter's BAsilica-sculpted figure of Pope

Train Ticket machines in Rome and Florence

by Glen30

Hi,

I would like some information about train-ticket machines in Rome and Florence:

A) Do most train ticket machines only accept coins.

B) Could we pay by credit cards?

C) Are there instructions in english on the ticket machines?

D) is it true that we need to validate the ticket upon boarding the train?

Cheers
Glen

by craic

The ticket machines are very easy to use. You can get the english version easily. Just tap the screen on the flag. All of the machines I found accept notes and coins - except for the ones that only accept credit cards. This is when there are a lot of them in places like Termini. In my station of Trastevere there was only one machine. It accepted notes and coins. I'm sorry -I never noticed if it accepted credit cards too.

You have to validate the ticket before you board the train. You will see little yellow boxes on the platforms and in the lobbies.

by Glen30

Thanks

by craic

My pleasure. I hope you have a great time. The machines are very easy to work out - but don't forget to validate your ticket - I got fined once because I didn't know I had to do it.

On buses and trams you do it on the vehicle - with trains - before.

by fairy_dust

I don't know about Florence, but if you buy a ticket from a machine at Roma Termini you can use a credit card (I used a credit card without a problem). Like the others said, you just pick your language and follow the rest of the instructions from there. To validate the ticket before boarding, just stick it in the slot on the machines by the trains and it will stamp it automatically.

Be careful at Termini though, always watch your belongings because there are a lot of pickpockets there and if you're standing by a ticket machine with your wallet out and look busy/confused trying to figure it out, you might become a prime target. Always be aware of what's around you and never let go of your wallet/purse.

by craic

and aint that the truth fairy dust? those pickers and stealers in rome are so good!

by fairy_dust

I didn't get robbed in Rome, but I did see signs everywhere around Termini saying "watch out for pickpockets".

by craic

oh i got robbed in rome and i got robbed good - and my husband got robbed in rome and he got robbed good

as ezra pound wrote - you haven't been in rome until you have been robbed

by Ronnie1a

The tobacco shop on the lower level of the Rome train station sells tickets to most Italian locations except those on the Eurostar. No lines and no fussing with the ticket machines. You do have to validate the ticket. At the entrances to almost all of the tracks is a yellow box. Stick the ticket in and the machine stamps it with the time and date. Then just hop on the train.

Comments