Via Crescenzio 78, Rome, Lazio, 00193, Italy
Booking.com Expedia.com Venere.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Atlante Garden Hotel

Great Experience

My husband and I had a very nice experience staying at the Atlante Garden Hotel in Rome. The location was great; close to many sites and transportation. The staff was very helpful in settin gup tours and taxis, etc. The room was very nice. We were pleased with our choice.

Very nice hotel!

Just returned from a trip to Italy that included meeting friends in Rome who had a room booked at the Atlante Garden Hotel. After reading previous bad reviews, I tried to find another hotel, but couldn't find a comparably priced hotel in a good area that had availability. Decided that I could handle the Atlante Garden for one night so was very pleasantly surprised to find an elegant, extremely comfortable property. I suspect previous reviews were written while the hotel was undergoing renovations which are, apparently, now finished. The lobby area is lovely - silk wallcoverings and beautiful furnishings. Our room (#238) was spacious enough, had gorgeous, rich wood paneling, lovely wallpaper and furnishings and a huge bathroom. No view, but we needed the shutters closed for soundproofing anyway. My only complaint was lukewarm instead of hot water for the bath/shower. Our friends' room (#240) was very spacious but had a smaller bath. We took a short walk to the sister property, the Atlante Star Hotel, for cocktails at sunset and breakfast on the beautiful roof-top garden - stunning!

I found a great internet rate of 195 euros at the Atlante Garden but, unfortunately, booked only one night. When we decided to stay an additional night the Atlante Garden was booked and we had to change to the Atlante Star Hotel at 245 euros for the night. The room (#104) was rather shabby and smelled mildewy - probably from the runaway shower in the tiny bathroom. One could have taken a shower while lying in bed (and my guess is that someone did). However, it was probably the room of last resort since the hotel was very booked. Anyway, we were grateful not to have to drag luggage all over Rome looking for a room. Except that the roof top garden is at the Atlante Star, the Atlante Garden was greatly preferable in every way. The staffs of both hotels (which actually operate as one property) were very gracious and helpful.

No room service

We stayed 5 nights at the Atlante garden Hotel in May 2004.
Our room was equal to a 4 star Hilton room in the UK, so no problem there. The staff were nice and friendly and the hotel was clean and great for getting around Rome. There was no room service and no where to get a cup of tea or coffee at the hotel so this lets it down quite a bit.
We ate at Etoiles Restaurant on our last evening in Rome. (The restaurant is two streets away and not next door as per some web sites). The food was excellent, up to desert. I ordered strawberries and cream, which arrived without the cream. Before I started to eat them I noticed that there was blue/green mould on the raspberies that had been served to me.
The waiter apologised but it spoilt my evening.
To give you an idea of price, for two courses for me and three for my husband it cost £100.00.
The Atlante Garden looked better than the Atlante Star, the overall appearance etc just felt better at the Garden.

What a dump!

by TripAdvisor Member jlsjls87

This place is a dump! We were only in Rome for 48 hours so we didn't want to waste precious time trying to find something else. The shower head was broken so you had to hold it up with one hand the whole time.
The room was dark and felt dirty. The walls were thin and you could hear voices from next door. Wallpaper was torn off in the hallways, stairwells and our bathroom. There was exposed wiring in the stairwell.
The furniture looks like something you might pick up at a garage sale.
Wish I would have checked tripadvisor.com before booking!

terrible experience!!

have travelled all around europe and i must admit that by far this is the worst hotel that i have ever encountered.had booked for a king size bed delux room instead was put into a single bed room that would be no more bigger than 7sq meters.When reported, the hotel personel tried to convince us that they have given a king size bed!!!No courtesy, no service,total crooks.....very BAD experience.

Not Coming Back to This Place

If you plan to spend your entire time in Rome at the Vatican, or have business with the Pope, then this hotel might be a good choice. Otherwise, steer clear. Our rooms were not ready when we arrived after a long trip way after check-in, our room was dim and shabby, the bathroom not inviting, and concierges useless. They made no attempt to help, did not try to be accomodating, sent us on wild goose chases to restaurants that were closed and didn't offer anything but a shrug when we told them about it. They have no porters (unless you count the one who stands around flirting with the maid), no room service, a joke of a TV, an unrefilled minibar daily, no laundry and a lot of attitude. We were informed that no one in Rome can have laundry done in August because they are all on vacation, and were referred to a laundromat!. If you like Faulty Towers, this joint could be what you're looking for. We left a day early and skidaddled to a much more charming, civilized and sophisticated Florence.

nice recovery

in February of 04 I spent 1 night at the Atlante Garden (booked on Expedia) for my last night in Rome. When we arrived (a 2 man party) there were no rooms available though they had our reservation. They ended up putting us across the street in an apartment building. The 1st room they tried to give us stank and the only other choice was a room where we had to share a queen bed - but it was a decent enough room otherwise. To make up for the hassle they provided a free taxi trip to the airport the next morning which was appreciated, so it was a nice recovery on their part . . . maybe I'm easy to please. The location is great for being near the Vatican, but otherwise does not seem to be in the best location for sightseeing nor did the neighborhood feel all that safe. The roof garden restaurant, which was supposed to be it's main attraction, was closed for renovations, but they had a funny little underground bar - looked like an unfurnished hotel room with a little corner setup bar and 2 tables - nice bartender. The front desk guy recommended a local dinner place around the corner that was very good, lots of local colour. Overall the hotel was adequate and could easily be a nice place though I'd rather take a chance on finding something better rather than stay there again.

A great hotel at a reasonable price

My wife and I and two children stayed at Atlante Gardens for two nights and we could not have had a better experience. The quad room was spacious, light, quiet and beautifully decorated with multcolored fabric wallcovering.
Problems with the airconditioning and the bath were quckly fixed.
The staff was helpful and attentive.
and the location was great- close to the Vatican and walking distance (45min) to the Forum.
The braekfast was adequate.
Found a great price through the quickcheck on trip advisor just two weeks before our trip.
I would highly recommend this property to anyone.

worst hotel I've seen for years

by TripAdvisor Member LynnClarke

We stayed there in august 04. The staff were friendly and polite. That is all the good news. The Hotel is a run-down dump. The shower curtain was filthy, the bath not working, the shower a damp squib, the bathroom ceiling mouldy with peeling paint. The rooms are dark and very noisy due to the main road outside. It's a long walk from everywhere, except the Vatican. The beds are reasonably clean, but the linen is worn through in places and the towels look about 5 years old. The biggest irony is that in August there are lots of nice hotels with availability in Rome. If I'd known more about the city, I would stayed in one of them.

excellent customer service!

The staff went out of their way to help, always polite and nice. We felt pampered and safe here. Would be nice to have tea/coffee facilities in the room and also more English channels.

Cool and shady.Cool and shady.

Baldaquino, S. Maria in Cosmedin, Roma, 05/07Baldaquino, S. Maria in Cosmedin, Roma, 05/07

Ara Pacis, Detail, May 2007Ara Pacis, Detail, May 2007

Row of Marble Athletes, 30.May.2007Row of Marble Athletes, 30.May.2007

Tranportation from the airport to my hotel

by happydancer

We will be traveling for 22 hours, so I would like to book a car (on a budget)to pick us up at FCO and take us to our hotel near the Termini. Your suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

by zyxos

call Rubicini + 39063216706 is cheaper than a taxi (should be around the 45€ but please check) and very reliable.

Ciao

Mauro

by jeffmartinartist

hi Myra, have a look at my transportation tip for Rome under taxi v train from airport. j

by hiflya

www.limoservicerome.com
I have used them 3 times and have never had any problems. 42 Euros - (no tipping, do like the locals do.)

by jeffmartinartist

Not all of us are hiflyr’s

by hiflya

Jeff - When I travel by myself, I do just as your homepage suggests, I take local transportation.
When I travel with my wife, she likes less hassel.
From FCO, I think the train costs about 9.50 Euro?
For the 2 of us, we would then need to take a cab to the hotel we stay at in Rome, taxi cost about 7.00 Euro.
For an extra 16 Euro, we can have a car waiting for us and go straight to the hotel. If more people are traveling, it's much cost effecient to call a car.
Jeff - I love your work on your page btw.

by Travelboy25

Why don't you go to Naples for3-4 days....kiss and bye

by baronedivandastad

Ring CoopAirport, see my tip: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/6f468/23513/9/
mac

by martnarl

the hotel atlante garden offers complimentary transportation from the airport to their hotel. I'm staying there the first week in june at 158 euros per night including breakfast and all taxes and charges. the hotel is a stones throw from the Vatican (no disrespect intended).

taxi fare is approximately 45Euros plus airport surcharge plus charge for luggage. there are shuttle buses that also run from the airport if you don't mind a number of stops along the way

by jeffmartinartist

Getting back to happy dancers question she is on a budget, arriving at FCO and staying at a hotel near termini. So ……..42.00 euro v 9.5 euro with the free excitement of that train ride into termini. Throw in a great coffee at the small café near the FCO train ticket office and a pizza at the other end and your still ahead. im just giving a VTer the option. j

by david_bxl

Roma-Airport (2 persons) 37EUR at:

by happydancer

Thanks to everyone, I booked the car and feel much better...even though I am several Euros poorer. But after 22 hours of travel with my 16 year old daughter I figured we better take the easy way out.

Comments