Aurora Apartment

Via Aurora 31, Rome, 00187, Italy
Aurora Apartment
Hotels.com Expedia.com Venere.com

More about Rome

the spaghetti shufflethe spaghetti shuffle

The Nave (Apr 2009)The Nave (Apr 2009)

Street bar somewhere near Trevi FountainStreet bar somewhere near Trevi Fountain

San Carlo - altar.San Carlo - altar.

Post Valentine's Day Celebration

by Cielo_Algaeed

Hello Fellow Vt Members!

I'm actually seeking an advice on where to have a romantic dinner in Rome. I have actually asked Budapest Forum regarding the restaurant where me and my husband (together wiht my 20 month old daughter) can have a nice romatic dinner (not too formal) coz we will be there during VDay. However, i didn't get an answer suitable to what i really want. So, i was thinking of having the celebration when we reach Rome :-) Any advice?

by pfspilot

As an airline pilot years ago I used to stay at the Quirinale hotel and enjoyed wonderful meals. A fellow pilot from those days emailed me recently and said he had just come back from a holiday in Italy and on his last night in Rome ate at the Quirinale for old times sake and he said it was the best meal of the holiday and reasonably priced.
Roy Day

by von.otter

Here are some restaurants suggestions in Rome that would provide a romantic setting for your celebration. You can view photos and read additional details on my Rome Restaurant Tips page.

Al Cantuccio; Evangelista; and Ristorante Ranieri.

I think Al Cantuccio is the most romantic.

by icunme

We frequent many romantic restaurants here in Rome. I have specific "romantic" restaurants noted on my Rome page restaurant tips with detailed descriptions - you might take a look - Valadier in Villa Borghese is one of them - but there are quite a few. You can sort out which ones appeal to you.

by effeti

Or Hostaria Costanza, nice not-too-formal restaurant.. INSIDE the ruins of the Pompei's theater!

Ciao
Francesco

Travel Tips for Rome

See the Castel Sant' Angelo...

by Ramonq

See the Castel Sant' Angelo along the Tiber River. One can see a great view of the Vatican from here. Walking up and down the Spanish Steps. I just think this flight of steps just epitomises Rome. Chic girls glide down the steps whilst hot-blooded Roman men ogle and enjoy the view.

Do as Romans do!

by icunme

I never considered that aging would be pleasant. However, in my last few years in Italy, it has become apparent that Italians hold a special affection, care, and regard for their elders. It is commonplace, during passeggiata (the evening customary stroll) especially on the weekends, at Sunday Mass, and at dinner to see sons and daughters escorting their parents. I have never failed to witness a younger person give up his seat for an older person - unless the seated passenger happened to be a tourist. So, in Rome, DO do as the Romans do - and, if you see a "senior" standing - give up your seat -- you just might even be giving it to me (which would not make me sad!)

Tax Free Shops

by Frisbeeace

We were told that we had to buy at least E 150 at the same shop to qualify for tax free exemption. Then it sounds to me that the refund isn't as easy to get as it sounds. You can get it at the American Express office located in Piazza di Spagna.

the airport to your hotel

by monorailgold

One of the easiest ways to get to your hotel from the fuimicino airport is to hire a private car. Now, this is not the least expensive way to get to your hotel but it is certainly one of the most convenient. I always use airportconnection.it . After I have picked up my luggage and gone thru all the security check points, they are waiting for me with a sign with my name on it. They help me with my luggage and have the car waiting for me at the curb. The cars are mercedes types and are new and clean. The drivers are all very nice and helpful and know how to get to all the hotels in the city. The fare is 45 euros each way and there is no extra charge for luggage. You email them the details of your trip and they will send you a confirmation email. They will pick you up at the times you request so there is never a worry. They can also advise you of travel time with traffic, to make it easier to plan your return trip to the airport.
This company also offers sightseeing trips. If you are looking for a good limo service and/or tour company, visit their website: airportconnection.it They respond promptly to e-mails and are very reliable.

The Kingdom of Tiramisu!

by rita_simoes about Bar Gelataria Pompi

It's a very crowded place (inside and out, so good luck with the parking!), and no wonder! If you are looking for the best tiramisu in Rome, here's the place.

There are two options: the traditional one, with chocolate, and the one with strawberry. Now that's a difficult decision :S the best thing to do, like we did, is to get both! And then exchange. It's FABULOUS.

Open 06:30 - 1.30 - Closed on Mondays.

Comments