B&B Bibi e Romeo's Home

More about Rome

Rome - ItalyRome - Italy

Roman ForumRoman Forum

The Amalfi AntipastoThe Amalfi Antipasto

The menu outside the restaurantThe menu outside the restaurant

Apartment accom in Rome

by intercontinental

Hi all

I'm off to Rome in May 2008 for a 6-night stay and want to get out of the hotel environment by renting an apartment. Have found lots of sites, but wondered if any of my fellow travellers have stayed somewhere fantastic that they'd like to recommend.
I want something very central for 2 couples to share, mid-range budget.
Looking forward to some tips!

Cheers,
Sam

Re: Apartment accom in Rome

by mccalpin

In 2000, I stayed at the Residenza Aurelia/San Pietro (or whatever it was called - see my tip at http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/2ebbe/23513/3/ )

Very nice place, and can easily accommodate two couples. However, it is not exactly "very central" being over by the Vatican. And I don't know what "mid-range" budget is. Take a look in the Rome forum for "apartment" as this question comes up a lot...

Bill

Re: Apartment accom in Rome

by abarbieri

Sam,

Please find below the content of a tip that you will also find in my Rome travel pages:

All of them have been suggested by friends or people who have used their services:

www.romeby.com
www.realrome.com
www.sleepinitaly.com
www.rentalinrome.com

As Bill says you will find much more advice by reading previuos posts in this same forum.

The "Top 5 Pages About Rome" is also a great source of information for people planning a visit to the Eternal City(You get there by selecting Rome from VT home page).

Regards,

Antonio

www.conciergeinrome.com

Travel Tips for Rome

I took this picture from an...

by acemj

I took this picture from an ancient window located among the ruins of Palatine Hill looking out onto the dome-filled skyline of modern day Rome. It's not the best, but it gets better if you click to enlarge it.

Santa Maria delle...

by anne_h

Santa Maria delle Concezione--a church on the Via Veneto where they have a crypt decorated with the bones of something like 4,000 monks. My boyfriend likes these morbid things, so he was really into this and bought about a half-dozen postcards. In the final room there's a mummified monk with a sign--'As you are now, I once was. As I am now, so you shall be.'

Leonardo da Vinci Airport

by codrutz

The most obvious way to arrive is by plane, mostly to Leonardo da Vinci Airport (formerly called Fiumicino Airport), some 50km north of Rome. From there the best option is to take the direct train "Leonardo da Vinci" to Rome's Termini Station (main train station) - 9,5eur/person. This train is pretty slow and it takes 30 minutes to reach Rome. The good thing is that it also arrives at the airport every half an hour.

Le 2 Colonne

by bonio about Le 2 Colonne

Close to Santa Maria Maggiore, we fancied a pizza and this was our choice.
Pizza was very tasty, thin and crispy too, just how we like them, and at a good price.
Arrived early when it was quiet and we were served quickly, later arrivals did not seen to be so lucky! - I think it was a very busy night for the staff, added to a good evening for us. House wine by the carafe is very good value.

Crowds aren't your thing?

by karenincalifornia

Enjoy Rome before sunrise. Being the early riser I am, I would get up every morning before sunrise and take hour long walks throughout Rome. This is a picture I took on one of my early morning walks along the Tiber River.

I would usually start out by 5:00 am and walk until the sun was up. I enjoyed the peace and quiet of the city. This is the time at which Rome sleeps.

Is Rome safe for a woman alone in the dark? I did this every morning on my own and each morning walked to different parts of Rome - Campo Dei Fiori, Piazza Navone, Tridente, Via Veneto, Colosseo, Trastevere, and Vaticano. I never saw anything amiss, and I felt just as safe as I do at home in San Francisco (very safe). The key is to look like a tough - like you'll belt anyone who threatens you, and you'll do fine.

Comments