Via Nino Bixio 41, Rome, 00185, Italy
Booking.com AMOMA.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Rome

The Spanish Steps and Trinitia dei MontiThe Spanish Steps and Trinitia dei Monti

ceiling in Vatican Museumceiling in Vatican Museum

Electrical busElectrical bus

Palazzo Braschi - Costume of Senator 1870.Palazzo Braschi - Costume of Senator 1870.

Accommodation in Rome in April

by virginiexyz

Hello!

Does anybody speak italian? I've a chance to go to Rome next week with a very cheap flight with 3 friends and we were looking for an accommodation.

Everything seemed to be fully-booked or very expensive or quite nasty, but I found this offer in italian.

if I understood, they rent a flat (up to 6 persons) in the very center for only 650 euro per week. As it seems very convenient, I'm afraid there's something wrong...

what do you think about it?

I look the address on google map and it seems to be very central. I've been told all central areas are ok except Termini station (cheap but dirty and not typical at all). Is there somebody who knows the area?

thanks for any help

by mccalpin

The same page is in English at "http://www.roma-hotels.it/en/hotel.asp?hotel=733"

However, the text that interests you is at the bottom in Italian:
"LAST MINUTE PASQUA o aprile
period: Aprile 2009 compresa Pasqua

Comodo appartamento nel cuore del centro storico per 2/4/6 persone. Prezzo incredibile (causa annullamento): una settimana a 650 euro!"

[Last Minute Easter or April
period: April 2009 including Easter

Comfortable apartment in the heart of the historic center for 2/4/6 persons. Incredible price (because of cancellation): a week at 650 euro!]

Your problem is, of course, which week...Easter in the Roman Catholic Church is April 12, so it's unlikely that this would be valid for next week...send them a message and find out...

Bill

by Turska

http://www.roma-hotels.it/en/index.asp It´s the same page in English here.
I also checked that for example only-apartments.com had still free apartments.We have used it.
When we were in Rome,we used romanreferences.com but they had only quite expensive ones free anymore.

by Turska

And the area is o.k.Not far from centre.And at this time of year,it feels even closer without walking in the heat ;)

by markshake6

The offer seems to be very interesting. In the ad they speak about a cancellation. This could be the reason of a so good price, especially compared to the comfort they give (like internet connection or dishwasher and washer). Usually rental apartment are very very essential.
About the area, if I understand well it is located in the ghetto which is very very central and very very charming. The portico d'ottavia is an ancient roman monument, if the street it's there this sounds great!

As the offer say April including easter it should be valid for all the month butthe best thing should be emailing and asking (before somebody does it before you).

A last suggestion: when you email ask for the floor. A friend of mine went to Florence: he had found a nice apartment on internet but when he arrived there he realized it was in a basement with small windows just below the ceiling. It was ok as well but it's better knowing those things before booking.

good luck and let us know

Travel Tips for Rome

Lovely Bridge

by surferob

The Ponte Sante Angelo was one of the more attractive sights I saw along the Tiber River in Rome. It connects the Castel Sant'Angelo to the city center. For a good view, cross the Vittorio Emanuele bridge which comes straight out of the Vatican.

Look into the secret of Malta's Keyhole

by JoelArias

Make you way over to Piazza dei Cavalieri di Malta and discover a surprise within the keyhole of this place. If walking take the metro line "B" to Circo Massimo and walk the rest or take a taxi. Upon arrivalto the piazza you will see a door with a keyhole, so you can peak through. You will discover a breathtaking view of Saint Peter's Basilica through a tunnel of plants. You can see this in the daylight, but the keyhole seems magical at night.

The buzzing heart of Rome's nightlife

by baronedivandastad about Testaccio

The area of Testaccio is one of the most genuinely Roman you can find. It is populated by AC Roma supporters, and its lively streets are full of words shouted in "Romanesco", the local dialect.

Testaccio has an interesting market, a nice church and a few good shops, but above all it is one of the dining and dancing centres of Rome, especially in the winter. Varies a lot, but never too uptight.

Pretty find in Trastevere

by Lornabug about La Scala

This pretty little restaurant it right in Trastevere, near a kindergarten and a mini-plaza where there is a bit of passersby. The patio drew us in: clean, cozy, inviting. Inside was also nice. The food was very flavorful and delicate but not skimpy. Don't remember exactly what we had, but the artichoke bruchetta was good. It was mashed artichokes, unlike the whole marinated I was going for and saw someone else have, so you'll have to figure out how to get that one. The service spoke good english. Thought I had a map for this one, but don't. You'll have to use the address. Whatever I had, I asked the waiter what he thought the most flavorful was and went with it.

Coloseo

by June.b

The very first sight I really want to see, so I put down my luggage upon checking at the hotel when arrived in Rome in the afternoon and took the metro to Coloseo station. Emerging out of the station the huge colosseum in front of me gave me a sudden feeling of disappointment - or maybe my excitement was slayed due to the miserable condition of my hotel room, at least compared to all the places I've stayed at during the whole trip around europe. So the misery killed all my perceptions.

It's not the same feeling I had when I first saw the Eiffel tower in Paris or the Roman Theater in Ephesus. Or maybe because I expected too much from the images I have in mind and the postcards and movies.

Anyhoo, the coloseo is a landmark and an icon. Massive structure surrounded by the traffic of Rome and all the usual tourism activities around the area. I never bother to enter and since I've met some people right there and then, we started exploring the area. I realized tho, maybe it looks better at night, or when my mind is clear - because I started to love Rome after a couple of hours. Or I should have gotten inside. I forgot to come back for it though.

So don't get me wrong - it's me, it's not the coloseo - after all it's one of the greatest architectural and engineering work of the Romans.

Comments