B&B Suite Beccaria

B&B Suite Beccaria
Booking.com Hotels.com Venere.com

More about Rome

Palatine HillPalatine Hill

Trattoria Pizzeria Fiammetta - behind the cornerTrattoria Pizzeria Fiammetta - behind the corner

Funeral urn in form of archaic hut.Funeral urn in form of archaic hut.

arch of Septimius Severusarch of Septimius Severus

Aiport Layovers

by nomadNY

I am traveling from NYC to Rome on Iberia. I, unfortunately, have a hour and a half layover in Madrid. Can anyone tell me about the Layover and plane switching routine in Madrid? I know sometimes you must get your bag and recheck it...is this the case?

will i have to go through customs again?

Please help.

by ATLC

I think you could best repeat your question in the Madrid forum where the actual layover is taking place. There people will most probably give you the best answers.

by leics

Check with Iberia airlines (I assume you are flying to Madrid with them?). It depends on them whether your bags will be checked through to your onward flight or not.

If you are not flying with Iberia to Madrid, then you will most likely have to collect your bags, check them in and go through security again during your layover.

by nhoolb

Just answered extensively on your other posting.

by Jeannkelly

the only thing you need to do is to know if you have a "direct flight" from NYC to Rome with Iberia. Direct flight means you may have a transit point but you only check your luggage at your city of departure and pick it up in your city/airport of arrival. The airline will take care of your baggage transfer from one plane to another. A direct flight does not also mean that it has to be the same airline because Iberia might "code-share" flights with any One-world member airline.

If there is no way to know if you got a direct flight, you will know when you check in on your flight date. If the check in attendant gives your boarding pass both NYC-Madrid and Madrid-Rome it means you have a direct flight. When there is doubt, anyhow you can always clarify with them (Iberia personnel)

Travel Tips for Rome

Mosaics of S.Maria in Trastevere

by sandysmith

Santa Maria Maggiore, the large church near to Termini is reputed to have the best mosaics of the churches in Rome. Unfortunately I didn't see that church as it was under restoration but the mosaics at S.Maria in Trastevere must be a close second - they were stunning.

Dome-mania

by karenincalifornia

Rome is a city of domes. On the terrace on top of the Vittoriano (the Typewriter) you can view all these domes and view a sign that identifies all of them. Now there's a really fun thing to do in Rome. See if you can Name That Dome.

We walked and did "pay as you go"

by marielexoteria

Our hotel was centrally located for the places we wanted to visit, so that's why we chose to walk to most places and then take the subway for those who weren't that close. We also plan so that we can "hit" several adjacent sights on the same zone.

For subway tickets, we chose to buy a BIT, valid for 1 trip within 75 minutes.

Always remember to validate your ticket and keep it with you throughout your whole journey. You don't want to get a juicy fine because you either didn't validate your ticket or didn't have one, if a controller catches you.

The link below will give you updated info about the transportation tickets and a useful route planner.

Pictures coming up.

Don't miss the "Tris"!

by AstrOlga about Vladimiro or Da Marcello

The food is really good, you can ask for different kinds of pasta (usually no more than 3) in small portions, in way to taste as many as possible! The ambience is genuine and it's just around the corner from Via Veneto, so very central. Despite all the hotels in the surroundings it's not a touristy place and prices are really convenient! During summer it also has very pleasant tables outdoor. Tris of Pasta
Antipasti misti (mixed italian starters)

Rome in a Day

by ExplodingMonkey

My wife and I recently took a cruise around the Med. We had one day in Rome and my wife wanted to see the Vatican and I the forum. She suggested we hire a tour guide, which I was initially opposed to doing, but I let her do it anyway. It turns out the guy we hired was great. He walked us--literally--through the history of Rome beginning in the ancient forum and colliseum and ended the day at the Vatican. The guide had lots of great tips and managed to put everything in an easy to understand historical perspective. I just wanted to share my experience on these boads in case anyone is considering getting a guide. We booked it through www.vaticanartwalks.com.

Comments