Via dei Mille 9 Int.5, Rome, Lazio, 00185, Italy

Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Average

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

Nice small hostel close to Termini

I found this hostel at hostels.com and was able to find a free 1-person room there so I booked it despite some of the comments/reviews I read on the site. People mainly complained about being sent to a different location because "they were full" at the building located close to Termini, and I have to say that I did see several people in this situation during my 2-day stay. Some people also complained about the zone being noisy and not too safe.

Fortunately I did not experience any of the things mentioned above so I was able to get my single room where I wanted it, I did like the area and did not have any unpleasant experiences. The room was small but had all the necessary items, they provide linens and a towel, and you can make use of the kitchen (very small), microwave and fridge they have on site.

There were 2 bathrooms which were OK for privacy purposes (there are no rooms with private toilettes, they are all shared): the first one was very small but the second one was more spacious. The WC and shower were within the same cubicle and the sink was outside so your showering would not interfere with someone else's wanting to brush their teeth.

The hostel also offered free internet access; it didn't work all the time but I was able to use it almost every time I needed to, and it was a nice bonus.

All in all it was a pretty comfortable place and just a very short walk from Termini, where you can take the metro or a bus at Piazza del Cinquecento. There were several coffee shops, pizza places, supermarket and even a bar nearby.

Unique Quality: I got the single room (shared bathroom) for 40-45 EUR a night which I think was pretty decent considering the time of the year and the lodging prices in Rome. The area was safe and always with a lot of people passing by so I never felt in danger, and the security within the hostel was good as well: I locked my room when I went out and only the cleaning lady would come in and lock it again when she was done. They also provide you with all the necessary keys to access the building and the appartment.

Directions: Just a couple of blocks away from Termini station, on Via Marsala's side (walk 2 blocks along Via Vicenza or Via Marghera and turn left on Via dei Mille, building is on a corner, ring their bell so they open the doors for you)

Comments