Bailey's Hotel Rome

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• tvor's Profile Photo

Great boutique hotel in Rome

We stayed five nights at the Bailey's Hotel. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the Termini or a short cab ride around the back of the Baths of Diocletian on a narrow street parallell to XX Settembre. That's handy for the busses and there are two Metro stops within about 15 minutes walk as well.

The staff at the hotel were top notch, very helpful and friendly. Any request was quickly attended to and they had lots of suggestions for restaurants and things to do and how to get there on the map they gave us.

We had a superior double room and it was on the top floor facing in inner courtyard. The room was very quiet as a result but the street itself wasn't really busy with traffic. The room was large by European standards and we had lots of room. The bed is a king sized one with a memory foam mattress I think. We found it quite comfortable. There's a mini-bar that we used to store some of our own cold drinks. The hotel has free wifi and it worked very well for us.

It was still too early for them to have the heat on (early November) and the Air conditioning was a little chilly at times. Didn't seem to be a way to turn it down by temperature though we could turn the fan down but it wasn't that much of a problem and there were extra blankets in the wardrobe if we had found it cold at night though we were fine with the covers on the bed.

The bathroom was a decent size with a tub and shower which was nicer than a small corner shower unit. The lights worked on the key card and there's a motion light that turns on outside the bathroom which was good for night time access.

The only thing I'd complain about for the room was that there wasn't a lot of storage for clothes aside from the wardrobe and we wanted some drawers to unpack. We used shelves in the wardrobe instead. Also the safe in the wardrobe was not big enough for a small laptop. When you offer free wifi, it makes sense to have a laptop-sized safe in the room.

Breakfast was included and was a fairly decent buffet of pastries, rolls, cereal, ham, cheese, yogurt and scrambled eggs. There was a selection of Twinings teas and little teapots which was nice as i am not much of a coffee drinker. My partner's opinion was that the coffee wasn't great but you could ask for a cappucino which was made fresh and he said that was quite good. We did find that the eggs were a bit rubbery, as well and the juices were little more than coloured sugary water. That definitely needs improving.

There's a little bar on the ground floor and the staff that served us there were always pleasant.

We got a good deal booking through Air Canada's hotel website (pay for four nights, get a fifth free so that worked out to a 20% discount).

Unique Quality: Free wifi, fairly good breakfast. Some very good restaurants down the street a few blocks, transportation handy. Excellent staff!

I would stay here again.

Directions: One street behind/parallel to Via XX Settembre, close to Piazza Repubblica

• very expensive for what they offer

We visit the hotel May 2004, i was very glad for my visit in Rome, and when we arrived there the unkind receptionist told me with arrogance that we can't organise the olympic-games (athens 2004) and things like this.... and he really turned me ungly,
    We booked the room 2 weeks before, and when we arrived they gave us a room with a "magnificent view in the ABATJOUR",
    We paid 200 euro per room per night.
    The breakfast was bad.
    Anyway i cant recommend this hotel ... too much money for nothing special.

• ArianaR's Profile Photo

Great Location

The service at the hotel was very fast and efficient. Our room was beautiful and immaculately cleaned everyday. We ordered breakfast in our room for every morning we spent there and it was excellent, great coffee too.

Unique Quality: The two windows in our room opened up to a small courtyard. It was nice going back to the room to freshen up with the window open and cool air blowing in. Every now and then overhearing conversations in Italian that we could not understand but loved listening to. I loved taking bubblebaths in the marble bathroom!!

More about Bailey's Hotel Rome

Should be Five Stars!

I have been to Rome 28 times and once I found the Baileys I will stay no where else! I am a loyal client (6 visits) because the hotel is fabulous. The rooms are lavish and the breakfast is super. There is something for everyone including pastries, eggs, fresh fruit, juice, cereal and on and on.The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and extremely professional. I trust their advice implicitly. It feels good to return and see the same friendly, welcoming faces. I have recieved incredible recommendations for restuarants, shopping, museums and transportaion. In 2004 I fell in the Forum and injured my back. The Baileys staff checked in on me and provided me with ice bags.

On one trip my husband left his camera in a taxi that the Bailey's had called for us. The staff located the cab driver and the camera. They really go the extra distance to provide excellent service.

Often I have had to leave very early in the morning before the time breakfast is scheduled to be served. Each time the staff has made sure I had coffee and a full breakfast. I highly recommend the Bailey's and I rate it 5 stars!

wonderful place to stay in Rome

by TripAdvisor Member martymayrose

My friend and I spent 4 days in mid- September at Bailey's. From the moment we arrived at the hotel, walking from the Train Station, they took excellent care of us. The room was small....but lovely and clean. There was a welcome bowl of fruit waiting for us in our room. There were robes in the room for us. Our room was quiet, with great blackout drapes.

The breakfast was the best we got at any hotel during our two and half weeks in Italy. The staff was always there and always smiling and helpful. No matter what time of day it was, there was someone there with a map and an answer to our questions. We walked to the Borghese Galleries in about 10 minutes - go! Make reservations in advance. We walked to the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. And we caught the bus around the corner, which took us to the Piazza Navona...and then we walked back.

Flavia is a small short street behind Sept XX Street, with several restaurants. We had a wonderful time and would definitely stay there again.

Wonderful Bailey's Hotel

The Bailey's hotel is ideally situated in a quiet but very accessible area of Rome, our stay there was an absolute delight, the staff were so kind and helpful, especially Simona. Decorated in simple but beautiful fabrics and furnishings, this hotel is very clean, very comfortable and ideal for those who wish to get the most out of short stays in rome. Surrounded by wonderful restaurants finding a good but inexpenxive place to eat is very easy. I would certainly recommend a visit.

Very Clean, Nice rooms. Great Location

After reading a lot of the horror stories of other hotels i was pleased to find a positive one so booked on these recommendations. Was greeted by friendly porter who took care of our bags. On first impressions was very nice, smallish rooms but aparantly this is common in Italy but overall presentation was excellent. Nice big bed as a bonus we collapsed on every night after our hours of walking sightseeing. Hotel is right in the city so every attraction either a short walk away, furthest thing away was the Vatican which we caught the metro too and walked back taking in the sights on walk back. Only thing must warn you of is at every single sight, pesky imigrants trying to sell you things being really pushy with an "in your face" approach, if you can push them off then im sure you'll have a great time. To conclude Very nice Hotel and well worth the visit.

Great weekend

by TripAdvisor Member Larkie5

We have just spent a most pleasant weekend in a wonderful city. Flying in the usual comfort of Ryanair was pleasantly pleased to arrive at the Bailey's Hotel.
This hotel is within 500m walk of the Termini station. The front of the hotel is as the pictures would suggest. Bailey's is on a quiet backstreet but accessible to all the sights. Met by pleasant receptionist whos English was impeccable. The rooms are all very clean, although small & somewhat dark (great for sleeping in late though!). Does have a reasonable priced mini-bar although unfortunately no tea or coffee making facilities. The marble bathroom is bijou with a fantastically powerful shower to unwind with after a long day. Breakfast is your standard continental fair with meats, cheese, breads etc. unfortunately no hot food though! Do try the sweets that are everywhere in this hotel.

The hotel is in a fantastic location with both the Termini & Piazza Republica metro stations within 500m.

There are a few restaurants on the Via Flavia priced between 40 Euro - 70 Euro for 3 course & wine.

If you enjoy walking Rome is an easy city to see by foot. Take the guided tour around the Colleseum 18Euro avoids any queuing & gives a decent insight.

This hotel is a great start to anyones holiday I strongly recommend it.

Quaint Boutique Hotel

There are many average hotels in Rome. Even more below average hotels. Bailey's Hotel in Rome stands out as one of the lovliest, small boutique hotels I can remember. The rooms are perfectly decorated, and not too small. In room pay per view and internet is available. The only criticism is that there were only two English TV stations...CNN & the BBC News Channel.
The complimentary breakfast in the morning was very nice...served on beautiful linen, and always very crisp and clean...the way it should be...so much better than what many of us have become used to. The staff were friendly and always helpful. The housekeeping and turn down services were impeccable.
For Rome, the room rate at Bailey's was very good, and an incredible value for a very nice room in Rome.
The neighborhood is quiet, and out of the way...so you can sleep late and not be bothered by lots of noise and traffic. But you're close to everything...if you're willing to walk a bit.
It's the little things that make all the difference in travel, and Bailey's Hotel in Rome pays attention to the details.

Great Little Hotel

My husband and I just returned from Rome and our stay at the Bailey's Hotel. Considering that I relied heavily on TripAdvisor to determine where to stay during our first visit to Rome, I am thrilled to be able to help future travelers. The Bailey's Hotel is an absolutely lovely, quaint hotel with exceptional service. I booked our stay over email and was truly impressed with their response and willingness to accommodate. Further, as an English-speaking traveler with minimal knowledge of the Italian language, there was no language barrier. The front desk arranged transportation for us to and from the airport, explained the Termini and the Metro and was more than available to assist us with our varied questions. The rooms were clean and spacious. The daily continental breakfast had of an array of cereals, prosciutto and cheese, fresh fruit and breads. Most of all, we found the location to be optimal. It was a short walk to the Metro and about a 15 - 20 minute walk to the Trevi Fountain, the Coliseum, and the Spanish Steps. If you do stay at the Bailey’s Hotel, try to restaurants that are on or around Via Flavia. Instead of referencing our tour guide for places to eat, we chose to try somewhere different every night that was no more than 3 or 4 blocks from the hotel. The names of all but one of the restaurants escape me, but I do recall that La Lampada was delicious. And, always get the vino de casa. You can’t get a bad glass of house wine.

Comments