Barocco

Piazza Barberini 9, Entrance: Via della Purificazione, 4, Rome, Lazio, 00187, Italy

Barocco Hotel
Official Site Booking.com Travelocity

Rated 11% higher but also costs 65% more than other 4 star hotels

• Clean & well-located

Stayed at Barocco September 2011 in an "annex" room. I loved being in the annex--hotel amenities still available next door, but felt like I was living in an upscale apartment in Rome. High ceilings, nice linens, friendly staff, great coffee and breakfast. Bar area small, but they mixed a good drink. No need to bring a guidebook--the front desk staff had a stash of them you could borrow. Perfectly located--close to everything but on a side street--a bit quieter than other areas. Would recommend to friends & family and anyone else looking for a non-chain quality hotel.

Directions: Just off Plaza Barberini--close to Trevi Fountain (but not too close--yikes, too many tourists!) and the Spanish steps.

• clean,convenient and a good value

We had three rooms for our family of 10-Two rooms were Jre. Suites and they were fine. The superior room was kind of small but better than the standard room. Hotel staff is very nice and breakfast more than adequate. Not all the services you woud expect are available but for a few nights this is a good value and great location.

Unique Quality: Views if Piazza Barberini and a stones, throw away from it. It actually front,s on the Piazza but with a side entrance.

Directions: Right at the Piazza Barberini

More about Barocco

Perfect hotel, loved it

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Barocco for 3 nights over a weekend in November. We booked through Expedia and they had made a note on the booking that the reason for our trip was my birthday - when we checked in the hotel straight away upgraded us to a deluxe suite overlooking the Piazza Barberini, which we didn't expect at all. Our room was lovely, the hotel staff friendly, breakfast was nice with lots of choice, but above all the location of this hotel was perfect and we walked to all the sites from there. We loved Rome as a city and this hotel certainly made our stay almost perfect. The only negative thing about Rome that dampened our trip was having our video camera stolen from under our noses whilst in a restaurant but we had been warned theft is very high there so be warned and never let your guard down. Other than that, totally recommend Rome and completely recommend the Hotel Barocco.

Great Hotel

The modest exterior of the Hotel Barocco belies its attractive, quite stylish interior. Our room was spacious with a nice view overlooking the Bernini fountain in the extremely busy Piazza Barberini. The location is really good, it's about 10mins walk from the Trevi fountain, the staff are professional, courteous and good humoured, and the rooms attractive and very clean (serviced everyday).

The breakfast room is pretty, breakfast is the usual selection of cold meats, cheese, fruit, yoghurt, cereal etc., but there's plenty of it. Staff at breakfast were pleasant and efficient, the other guests seemed to be mainly American and Italian.

I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel, we really enjoyed our stay here - we got married during our stay in Rome, I suppose that makes it even more memorable for us! But it would be a great choice for somewhere to stay anytime.

Fantastic Hotel

I stayed at the fantastic Hotel Barocco for 3 nights in January 2006.
The room was superb, with Jacuzzi bath and stunning view overlooking the Piazza. The location is fantastic, 5 minutes walk to the spanish steps (shopping etc) and 30 minutes walk to the vatican. The hotel staff were superb and helped make it a memorable stay. I have been to Rome previously and stayed at a hotel a little further out, it is definately worth the extra to stay close by. The choice of restaurants on the Via Veneto (1 min walk) are perfect when you have had a hard day sightseeing/shopping!
One point to note it is not easy to see the hotel when you are in the Piazza as the entrance in in a side street & the outside looks a bit scruffy, but do not be put off the inside is amazing!
Do be careful in Rome, I was mugged the last time I was there - have your witts about you at all times!

Delightful boutiquey hotel

by TripAdvisor Member k8cdi

We found Hotel Barocco through an online package deal, and were extremely happy with it. It's very conveniently located to transport and many of the Roman sites. Rooms were spacious, but the photos of rooms on their website are obviously of the suites. Our standard had older furnishings and had we not had a private terrace (an unexpected surprise! I think there are only a few in the hotel with this), we would have been slighly disappointed. However, they were extremely clean and well-maintained. Our bathroom was gorgeous and big with lots of towels! The room was extremely warm (in January) and we turned on the A/C full blast, with little result. Breakfast was substantial and very good. We loved the option to have it delivered to the room free of charge! Honor bar was rather expensive, but a nice quiet place to sit before heading out for dinner. All in all, highly recommend, especially with winter price deals.

Excellent location, Great value for money

by TripAdvisor Member Mick01

We stayed there for five days in December 2005. The location is perfect. Metro around the corner but you can also walk almost everywhere. We barely used the metro for sightseing around the centre.

Rooms are not big but they're very cosy, nicely decorated and clean. Our bathroom was relatively big and we had our room cleaned every day. Sometimes if you're on a low floor you get some noise from the street but not really annoying. Staff is very polite and almost all of them speak English. Breakfast is very good.

I really don't have any complaints about hotel Barocco. I would highly recommend it as an average priced great value for money hotel with fantastic access to the city.

fine, but nothing special

by TripAdvisor Member stella7

My third trip to Rome in three years. Stayed 1 week at Hotel Barocco. Not as nice as some other places I've stayed (The Hassler, Albergo Cesare, The Nazionale) but also less expensive. Good location very near Piazza Barberini, on a quiet street. Staff was pleasant and helpful, but there were consistent problems getting timely wake-up calls. Rooms were clean and reasonably sized - for Italy. Windows that opened in room and in bathroom looked out onto street, nice, but nothing spectacular. Bathroom was marble and included bidet, shower and tub w/jets, good water pressure,lots of hot water. Breakfast (included in our room rate) was more than the average continental breakfast, including cereal, eggs, yogurt and a variety of meats, cheeses, pastries and tri-colored Tang-like Juices. It wasn't great. But a good start for lots of walking around, we ate it everyday.
Overall the hotel was fine, but nothing special. Our room rate averaged about $226 a night. I will try to stay elsewhere next time I'm in Rome.

The best hotel in Rome

We have been many times now at the Barocco which we consider now as the best hotel in Rome ; best location ,great staff ,classy fittings ,wonderful breakfast ... get 5 stars service at 3 stars rate !

A fab hotel, in a wonderful city

by TripAdvisor Member tattus

We have just come home after 3 night stay. Hotel is an oasis in a very busy city. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean, location excellent. I would go back tommorrow!!

Great location, great staff

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Borocco. Room was great, comfy and clean. Staff were polite, helpful and friendly. The location was much more convenient than I was expecting. Metro at the corner of the street, Spanish Steps 10 minutes walk away. Would stay there again without hesitation.

ROME IN NOVEMBER

by SEANLY1

hi all:
we are visiting rome in mid-november with our 7 yrs old son. please advise us about kind of clothes we should pack, and if any recommendations on one of these hotels:
hotel barocco, or albergo santa chiara.
p.s. we are stating for 5 days. is it worth it to take a day trip to pompei?
thanks.

RE: ROME IN NOVEMBER

by Twinsurf

Well the weather has been exceptionally mild for October, still for November is not unusual to pack raincoats, umbrellas and windbreakers. That said I hope you guys find a fantastic week of sunshine! Still being prepared never hurts. Check out www.weather.com to know more about the temperatures. As far as Pompei goes, I personally would skip it (don't get me wrong it's unique) but it's a bit of a hustle to do in 1 day, especially with a younglin'. I would consider maybe visiting Tivoli, and Villa Adriana, just outside of Rome. If not there is still plenty of things to keep you busy with in Rome.

A good idea for your next trip is to do The Amalfi Coast, Capri Island, The Vesuvio and Pompei ... all very close together.

Enjoy your trip!

RE: ROME IN NOVEMBER

by monorailgold

Hello,

I have to agree with twinsurf. Pompeii is a great day trip but with only 5 days and with a 7 year old, it might be too much. The train ride alone is 2.5 hours each way. I would go to Tivoli or Ostia Antica. Much closer to Rome and worth seeing.

There is so much to see in Rome that you might not want to take a day trip to anywhere. Just wandering around the city and finding "lost" fountains and squares is a great way to spend the day.

sorry I can't help you with the hotels, I don't know either of them.

Donna