Via Napoleone III 48, Rome, Lazio, 00185, Italy

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Bed & Breakfast A Roma Termini

Rome's Budget Oriental Guesthouse

by AutumnYellow about Rom Hotel

Stayed at this guesthouse in October 2008. The dorm was large with many beds and double deckers. However, my stay there was comfortable and convenient. I like to walk to the nearby 12-year old gelateria.

Another plus points (perhaps the same for many more such guesthouse) is that the close distance to Roma Termini.

I also enjoyed the various kimchi and other Oriental (Chinese / Korean) dishers for breakfast and dinner. their heavy Oriental breakfast gave me the energy to walk all over Rome up till dinner!

Free Wi-Fi and Free PC with Internet access. Very near to a 120-year old gelateria.

Congregation... Suore...

by rozehill

Congregation... Suore Agostiniane Serve di Gesu e Maria
Via Nomentana, 514
Roma
Cost L 150,000 in March 2001 for 4 ...with a bathroom inside, and breakfast This is a well established convent 20 minutes by bus from Roma Termini. Sister Rita speaks English, if you need English, she is a sweet little nun from Malta.
We were given different keys to enter two gates and two doors which are always locked so we felt very safe there!! Beautiful gardens and peaceful to stay here despite its location in Rome.

Small Hotel in a Clean Neighbourhood (Rome)

by spacedust about Hotel Novecento

The Hotel is about 10mins walking distance from Roma Termini (on the Colosseum side of the railway track). it took us some time getting to the place cause i was using a mix of Google Maps and Wikimaps (incredibly smart me). The Colosseum in turn is just about 10 minutes walking distance from Novecento.
We got a nice room on Level 2. Though the rooms are nothing to talk about (in terms of size), they were clean and well appointed with a great mattress, clean pillows and a decent sized washroom. A nice close at the corner helped us stuff all the unwanted luggage. The Television however runs Italian Channels ONLY (quite discomforting, i must admit)
Breakfast was good - coffee/milk/canned juices, toast & preserves, some danish pastries, biscuits/crackers.
The desk is open 24X7 and the folks behind the counter always have a smile on their faces. Their English may not be excellent but I guess one does not actually need to do a lot of talking when the amenities are right.

Roma Termini

by yooperprof

"Just catching a train in Rome. . ."

On my way to Napoli!

I flew into Rome's Fiumicino Airport, took the Leonardo Express to Rome's mainline station, Roma Termini, and purchased a ticket for the fast Eurostar train direct to Naples.

These computerized vending machines are just great! Instructions are available in six languages, and are easy to follow, even for the most obtuse. The machines take either credit cards or cash.

(By the way, it's a good idea to reserve a seat, especially if you're taking one of the popular Eurostar trains.)

Roma Termini

by oanav

"morning trains"

I don't remember exactly how many times we were in Rome. It seems like 20 but if I try to remember it couldn't have been more than 4-5 times during the 5 months we were in Italy! We already felt like we were more than tourists, we felt so much at home! We had favourite places and didn't need a map anymore to get around. Every visit started early in the morning in Roma Termini trainstation - we had to start really early so when in Rome the first stop was no farther than the station bar, so I could drink an espresso! ("una mazzata in testa" they call it - it means a club on the head! and it really seemed that way!)
Raluca doesen't drink coffee but I think the smell of my espresso had an effect on her too :)
I also met my boyfriend Sorin once in Roma Termini, he waited for me at the ticket booth nr. 1 :) the romantic rendez-vous worked, now he is my husband ;)

Also in Roma Termini I paused to get my contact lenses on, so you see the importance this place had for my trip! :)

Roma Termini from behindRoma Termini from behind

Lockers at Roma Termini

by G&T

Hello!

Could someone please tell me whether there are any lockers for luggage storage at Roma Termini? How much does it cost?

Thanks!!!

Re: Lockers at Roma Termini

by Lacristina

The "Deposito bagagli" (left luggage) at Roma Termini is near Binario 24 (track 24). I believe it is open from 7 a.m. to midnight and costs about 3 euros to leave something for up to 5 hours. Perhaps another VTer has used it recently and has more recent information.

Re: Re: Lockers at Roma Termini

by G&T

Thanks for your help - any information is always appreciated!

Roma Termini to the Spanish Steps

by JimZ

Does anyone out there know the best way to get from the Termini Train Station to the Spanish Steps?

by domenicococozza

If you are walking then turn left out of Termini, then take the 2nd turning right into Via Principe Amadeo. Walk to the end then turn left into Via del Viminale. Follow this to the end then turn left onto Via delle 4 Fontane.
Then left into Via del Quinnale.
Then right into Via del Traforo - cross over Via del Tritone and walk along
Via del 2 Macelli. You will see the Spanish steps on your left.
OR/ Take the Metro from Termini to Spagna. You come out close to the Spanish Steps

by effeti

Take the metro A. 2 stops, 1 euro... Ciao
Francesco

by Roadquill

FYI, You can use mappy.com to get pedestrian walking instructions for most cities in Europe. It is a relatively short taxi ride. My daughter metroed once in Rome and would not do it again.

by Mikebb

Hi, There is a metro train station 100 metres from the steps, only a few stations, go by train and you will not get lost. I hope you do not have to carry much luggage up the steps.

Good Luck,
Mike

Cheap accomadation near Roma Termini

by abbasathar

Hi folks!

I and my wife shall be in Rome and Venice for a few days in August this year. We are on a shoestring budget. Please suggest suitable accomadation/Hostels/B&B etc in an area around Roma Termini.

Thanks,

by monorailgold

Hello,

You can use venere.com for the types of rooms you are looking for. You can also narrow down the area of your search to the termini area and the vatican area which are the less expensive areas in Rome. This site also gives reviews of the hotels so you can really make an informed choice.

Donna

by Ladymarian1

Try camping pini at Fiano Romano [go via Google] they have mobile homes for rent and operate a pick up service from airport. Also do shuttle bus into Rome for the day leaving at 10 am and pick up at 6pm price Euros 7 return.

by abbasathar

Thanks for the response. Could you suggest something similar for Venice ?

regards,

by Laura_Mexico

I don't know if this is exactly "cheap" but I recently stayed at a place called B&T Rooms, I guess it would be a good choice location-wise and not expensive. The full tip is on my page if you want to take a look, or you can also see reviews and further information at hostels.com which is where I found this place -- just make sure that you're actually lodged at this location because the owners have another property but I understand it's rather far from this area and this is where you want to stay, so you should probably confirm that they do have vacant rooms and won't send you anywhere else.

by shirleymacrina

i haven't been there yet, but we've booked a room at University Bed and Breakfast, which is pretty close to Termini, but out of that neighborhood. This place has gotten very good reviews and we are paying 85E for a triple. It was a lot cheaper than most of the others I could find. We found it on romeby dot com.

Macrina