Bed & Breakfast Casa Giovy

Via Leone IX, n. 21, Rome, 00165, Italy

More about Rome

Leonardo ExpressLeonardo Express

having breakfast on the terracehaving breakfast on the terrace

Front of the ParthenonFront of the Parthenon

Colosseum by night, shortly before Christmas.Colosseum by night, shortly before Christmas.

Opening times of Ostia antica

by Turska

There are so many people in this forum,that allways someone knows something witch is hard to find-so it´s so easy to ask here..So I ask AGAIN a new guestion(our journey to Italy starts soon,23th July,so I´m here all free time..).I´ve visited Ostia anticas web-site many times( i believe it was www.ostiaantica.net) and every time I try for english version,it doesn´t work.My Italian is poor -based on very little Spanish and guessing.So i didn´t find opening times for the sites.Is it closed some day,or open every day and witch ones of opening times are valid when we come(we are at Rome from 27th July to 6th Agust).I thought that there said that it´s from 8.30 to 18.30 but when I send sms of those lines to my sister,she translated it was only for some weekend.She´s busy,so I wouldn´t like to trouble her all time.

by mccalpin

This is the phrase that applies to a summer visit:
"Dall'entrata in vigore dell'ora legale (ultima domenica di Marzo) a Ottobre:
08.30 - 18.00 (uscita del pubblico entro le 19.00) "

"From the start of daylight savings (last Sunday in March) to October: 08:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (last person out of the park by 7:00 p.m.)...that is, the entrance stops selling tickets at 6 but you have up to an hour to leave.

NOTE: "Chiuso tutti i lunedì e nei giorni 1° Gennaio e 25 Dicembre."
Closed every Monday and on New Year's and Christmas Day.

This is from www.ostiaantica.net .

I looked at the official website (the one hosted by the government agency that is responsible for the site) at http://www.itnw.roma.it/ostia/scavi/showquestion.php?faq=1&fldAuto=3
and there was only one difference for the summer - it says that you don't have to be out of the park until 7:30 p.m.

Bill

by Turska

Thanks a lot.I must have been written too short to my sister,because she speaks italian as well as Finnish-in Italia they can´t believe she´s not local.She even looks like one.
It´s good to know it´s open untill 18.00!We will have plenty of time.
I will allways get answers here!

by mccalpin

Just to be clear, it's actually open until 19:30; they just close the entrance to new visitors at 18:00...

Bill

by Turska

Yes I understood,I just wrote in hurry ;) Thanks for taking care! :)

Travel Tips for Rome

Climbing to the top...

by meteorologist1

It was a tiring climb to the top of St.Peter's. You can take an elevator for the first section of the climb, but everybody has to climb the final 302 steps to the very top to see the whole city of Rome and Vatican City. A lot of twists and turns, narrow ways to the top. A word of caution goes to the elderly and the young. Very tiring; take it easy.

Museo delle Murra

by martin_nl

Step back in time and ramble along the ramparts of the city walls built bu Aurelian. This museum gives you an overview of the walls with help of prints, drawings and models of the defensive walls. The museum is housed in the well preserved Porta San Sebastiano, which you can climb to the top. From there you'll have a great view over the start of the Via Appia Antica.

Open: Tue-Sun 9:00-19:00
Entrance: EUR 2,60 or 1,60 (reduced for students and children)

Drive along the Tevere

by icunme about You'll see staggering people on every bridge

I have never seen so many staggering people so well-grouped as in Roma after 3 a.m. - is no one sober after this hour?? There's something about the terrific drinks they serve in Rome - they're always sooooo gooooood............

OK - so what's a nice little 'ol lady like me doing out at 3 a.m. - got me there........

Not Quite Satisfied...

by jessbee74 about Brek Cafeteria

Somehow I kept ending up here. It had a nice atmosphere, was convenient, cheap and the food was ok, but nothing to rave about.

Next time I will try Osteria da Mario, 2 blocks in front of the Pantheon and to the left at Piazza delle Coppelle 51.

Colleseum

by romanhighlander

Not as depicted in Gladiator, but nevertheless, worth going once!!! It is something totally different and when I walked out of the Colleseu Subway station, I was STUNNED!!!! Tickets you can buy at counter and they also to guided tours...But Cheapest way is, to follow the guided tour and you will get more for a simple ticket and plenty of info!!! Ha Ha

Comments