Bed & Breakfast Pinciano 206

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Rome

Lavish marble statuesLavish marble statues

top of the Obelisque of Psammeticus IItop of the Obelisque of Psammeticus II

Burial place of the architect BerniniBurial place of the architect Bernini

#1 Villa Medici, Rome, May 2007#1 Villa Medici, Rome, May 2007

Laundromats in Rome

by Turska

Me again..I just herad,that at the flat we rented,there´s no washing machine.Our contact-person from renting-company told,that there´s laundromats near our flat.I´ve seen those things in films,but we have allmost none at Finland(I have never seen an apartment without washing-machine-if someone doesn´t have it,it´s because there is big one to use for whole apartmnet of flats,or even many machines.So,that´s why I have stupid question:How does those things work?I mean,do I have to wait there until my laundry is ready,or is there some kind of locks in machines,that open only for us?Or is there someone who guards the machines?We just thought,that it wouldn´t be nice to spend any time of our holliday watching waching machine to clean our laundry for an hour or so..This might sound stupid to you,who use these things all the time.But really-Finns allways have got own machines!Maybe it will be excotic for us :D

by TexasDave

With most laundromats you have to stay there and attend to your clothes, take them out of the washer and put them in the dryer and then fold them when they are dry. Sometimes there will be an attendant who will do that for you, but not very often. I'm not familiar with the ones in Rome, but have used them in other European countries and we had to stay there for the duration of the wash/dry cycle. Nothing exotic about it.

by Turska

The excotic-thing was a joke..
That really sounds boring.before we could have been washing clothes when we come to rest to flat before evening.all the apartments we have rented(in Barcelona,Budapest,Sevilla)have had own washingmachine.I forgot to check this from this one.We have 15m2 balcony,so maybe we can at least skip the drying..

by dnwitte

Another way to look at it: After a few days in Rome you'll be happy for any excuse to sit down.
Strictly speaking, you can go wander around while your clothes are sloshing, but then you can't complain if you come back late and somebody has thrown them out of the machine because they wanted to use it and you weren't there.
Also, once when I was much younger somebody stole my clothes from a dryer. (Not in Rome, but I'm just sayin'.)

by pedroswift

Alternative may be to hand wash what you wear each day before going to bed at night & dry on your balcony.

by thirstytraveller

Yes, that's exactly what we did - hand washed the laundry and hung it out of the window to dry - we didn't have a balcony. The result was OK.

by Turska

We have handwashed also allways when we have been in hotels.But now we will stay 2 weeks,and we have only one bag(we wanted to save on that-we fly with Ryaniar),and maybe we will have more washing up to come.It might be,that we will handwash again,but it´s not so nice,when you have lot of clothes,many of them balck(yes I know,balck is hot in heat,but anyway..)and when you handwash them,it easily leaves white stripes to clothes,and they are more wrinkly and so on.But if we should sit down and wait for wash,maybe we will choose handwash..

Travel Tips for Rome

Another Spectacular View of Rome

by Jmill42

After further review of my last tip, I would have to say that this might be the better view. First, its free from cost and the hassle of waiting in lines. In addition, you have the beautiful confines of Villa Borghese at your back with all its ponds, paths, and silence...

Pincio is the name of the hill directly above Piazza del Popolo. It is high above the square and gives a fantastic view over no less than 12 domes, including St Peters directly in front. With the noises of the city below it is the perfect place to contemplate just how wonderful a time you are having in Rome. It is best viewed in the early morning sun or with the sun lingering at dusk.

The Temple of Vesta

by Paul2001

Rome is littered with old, seemingly forgotten, temples and other ancient ruins scattered about everywhere. Here is the Temple of Vesta which sits somewhat southeast of the Theatre of Marcello. No one about but me to view. Mind you this was possibly because of the rain shower. It is a small temple worth a few moments to gaze at. What is unusually as far as I am concerned is that it is round instead rectangular like most Roman temples. It is also one of the oldest in Rome. I think that it dates from the 2nd century B.C.

Trinity College

by ScottMes about Trinity College

An Irish-type pub located just off of the Via del Corso, it provides a pleasant atmosphere and plenty of people watching. As with all Italian night spots, you should look nice. Don't go in jeans and a t-shirt - at least wear khakis! Because it's mostly young people there, and is a bar, the dress code isn't too high.

Gelato

by maartenw about Giolitti vs. San Crispino

We did some comparative research on the real Italian ice-cream, that is Gelato with a capital G.
We tried the rather famous Giolitti, both their branche close to the Pantheon as well as the one on the shore of the artificial lake at EUR. They both have a large array to choose from; from watermelon and coconut to liquorice and cinnamon. Taste impressions are all the same: great! The Giolitti in the Pantheon area has a slightly bigger choice and a much more friendly staff.
Another legendary name in ice-cream in Rome is San Crispino. Don't miss this one if you're an ice-cream addict or lover. Their shop is very small (around the corner of the Trevi fountain) and the choice 'limited' to 25 or so flavours. They only use the very best ingredients (therefor availability depends on the season) and their craftsmanship is unsurpassed. At Giolitti I tried the blackberry (mora), blueberry (mirtillo) and mixed forest fruits (frutti di bosco). The combination was outstanding.
At San Crispino I had the whisky flavoured together with the San Crispino special (honey ice-cream). Words fail to describe that divine taste.............

See in and Out

by BruceDunning

From 72 AD, Coloseo Foro Romano entertained the masses. The purpose was to offer a place for citizens to visit and alleviate the stress, and possible revolting against the regime. It worked, and was used rather steadily for 200+ years before the popularity wained. During its era, Christians were not the most to die; only about 2,000. It is said that 30,000 animals were "sacrificed" over the years for the entertainment. There really was gladiators that would fight to the death. Therefore, they had to keep training more constantly and canvassed the whole regional territories of control. This led to more colosseums in various cities to try their talents. Much of the stone walls were torn down to rebuild parts of the city after an earthquake in about 800 AD.

Comments