Via Principe Eugenio 15, Rome, 00185, Italy

More about Rome

May 09May 09

Façade detailsFaçade details

Borghese/Paolina ChapelBorghese/Paolina Chapel

Terme di Caracalla - Pavement en mosaïque.Terme di Caracalla - Pavement en mosaïque.

hotels

by wendyhassall

I dont know if I am posting this in the corect place, but I hope so. I am new to the Forum!

I will be flying to Rome next year to pick up a cruise ship in Civitavecchia. I have no idea how to get from Rome to Civitavecchia. Can anyone help. I understand its about 1 and half hours away. I also need a hotel in Civitavecchia for the night before we sail.
Thanks
Wendy

by craic

many people ask this question and if you follow the link i have given you you will find the forum with all the good answers

a lot of people stay the night in rome in a hotel near termini and catch the train to Civitavecchia in the morning - but maybe you have an early sailing

if no one else can help you i find the venere.com site reliable for hotels in Italy

by wendyhassall

Thank you. I did follow your link but the page was not available.
I did want to go straight to Civitavecchia, so I would be ready the next morning to board the ship. So I dont rally want to stay in rome the night before.
Wendy

by leics

It is very easy.

You just get the train from Rome Termini station to Civitavecchia, then bus, taxi or walk to the port (I believe it's about 15 minutes walk).... if you did not intend to stay the night.

Train times, details and fares in English here:

Journey takes just over an hour, one-way fare 4.50 euro.

Like many VT-ers, I always look at www.venere.com first for hotels in Italy (and Europe generally). It is reliable, has good mapping and honest guest reviews. You will find hotels/b&bs in Civitavecchia listed. www.booking.com is also reliable.

by craic

i am sorry about that

the link to the civitavecchia forum on vt worked okay for me when i tried it just now

by worldinabag

Hi

The Hotel San Giorgio - http://www.sangiorgiohotel.biz/en/index.htm - gets good reviews. And to quote one reviewer - "Be advised that the hotel is walking distance not only to the train station, but to the entrance gate of the cruise terminal/Port of Civitavecchia."

by chickprincess

I saw one on the internet and I think it's a really good hotel.

You can check the site out for references :)

Travel Tips for Rome

Toss a coin & you're promised a return to Rome

by Gypsystravels

Who doesn't recognize the most famous and spectacular of all the Roman Fountains???

Immortalized through paintings, engravings, photographs and films (like two of my favorite, 'La Dolce Vita' and 'Three Coins in a Fountain'), it is one of the most beautiful fountains here in Rome. The fountain was built by Nicola Salvi for Pope Clemente II on a wall of the Palazzo Poli and was completed in 1762. Tradition says that if you throw a coin into the fountain over your left shoulder you will return to Rome again soon.

Book tips for Rome

by miedje

Robert Graves - The Claudius novels (I, Claudius & Claudius the God):
Great books about the first four emperors of the Roman empire told from the inside. You really get close to the imperial family of Rome two centuries ago.
Harry Mulisch - De ontdekking van de Hemel (The discovery of heaven):
A Dutch book about two Dutch boys, their theories about life, and the mission of the son of one of them. It sounds really strange this way. But you should just read it. It's beautiful! It has been translated in English, Italian, German and possibly even more languages.

The Ice Building

by OttoMarzo about Fassi - Palazzo del Ghiaccio

A whole building dedicated to ice cream? You are not dreaming, it's true! Fassi is this fantastic ice cream shop inside the Ice Building. It's a piece of history of Rome, and absolutely one of the best ice cream shops ever! Many options about flavours, cones and everything else. Can't leaved Rome without going there before! Ice cream, ANY from € 1,40 on

Best deal for pretty good food

by crackhammer about Indian Fast Food

Its been more than a year since I had food here so don't remember exactly but found his card while cleaning up things. This restaurant is run by an Indian guy as opposed to most are run by Bangladeshis. You definitely feel the difference in the food taste if you are fond of Indian food. Cheap compared to other similar take aways. We were satisfied for the money paid.

Friendly service

by Turska about Bibo,Pizzeria-Birreria

When we came to Rome,it was 21.30 o´clock(9.30 p.m.) and we had eate nothin whole day.So we took second or third restaurant we found.They had flags of different coutries in tables-I´m not sure,did they expect us to sit at table with Finland-flag,but we didn´t.When we are abroad,we don´t want any other Finns to hear us speaking Finnish-we want to be just two of us,so we sat as far as we could,when we heard Finnish at one table.
We had old grey-hairy waiterman who was so friendly,that we didn´t see any other as friendly at this trip.
We had little fun of the name of the restaurant-it sounded like "pipo",witch is a knitted cap in Finnish-and not sertainly needed when we came! First time we ate Pizza calzone,witch was good.Second time we came,I ate"surprice,surprice-spagetti aglio e olio"(if you have red my other tips,you know I ate this MANY times at many places-I just love garlic and chili).Pasta was better than pizza.My husband took lasagna if I remember right-and liked it too.They don´t have web-site,but at Italian pizza-review-pages it had 4,5 stars,so maybe we should have tried more pizzas ;)

Comments