Bed & Breakfast Tramonti di Roma

AMOMA.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Rome

Vatican City Swiss Guard - Via Porta di AngelicaVatican City Swiss Guard - Via Porta di Angelica

note by the place where he was crematednote by the place where he was cremated

Temple to Faustina and Antoninus PiusTemple to Faustina and Antoninus Pius

Constantine's ArcConstantine's Arc

Airport Transportation

by FMoralesWettstein

My family and I (there are five of us) will be arriving at Fiumicino airport and are considering our options for travel to our hotel. I've received a quote from RomaClick.com for 65 Euros for transport to the hotel in a van. This appears to compare favorably with the train (11 Euros per person/55 Euros) and takes us right to our hotel. Does this sound right? Has anybody used these services? And, what are your thoughts/recommendation.

Thanks,

by mccalpin

Yes, using a limo or similar service in your case makes sense. You have already noted that the fare on the Leonardo Express is actually pricey, especially for a group...and then you have to get from Termini to wherever you're finally going.

Taxis have a fixed fare of 40 euro for destinations within the Aurelian Walls (most of the city center), but I don't know that there are going to be vehicles that can hold 5 and luggage (when I lived there, there was a maximum of 4 passengers per taxi anyway, but things could change ;-) ).

I have not taken a limo service, but a number of VTers here have, so I encourage you to look for "limo" in the Rome forum. One such recommended service that I happen to remember is www.airportconnection.it (recommended by VTer monorailgold (Donna)), but I know that others have been described here...have a look, I would say that you are on the right track...

Bill

by Redang

Yes, I paid a fixed 45 € for a taxi hotel-airport, we ere 4 people, but i think the taxi had enough room for 5 too, just try to look for a big taxi at the airport and fix the price, maybe you can pay less than 65€.

by Roadquill

Hi Frank, We used one of the "limo" services last year in Rome and it worked out great. The driver was waiting with a sign as we got our luggage. Well worth the few extra bucks. Sometimes the services try to stick you in a car that is too small (they did it to us in LA also) , so make sure they know that you need a van. The Mercedes that many use will not be big enough for 5. Karl

by icunme

You have a good deal there for your group - no hassle transportation.

by abarbieri

Frank,
I do not know this RomaClick or Suitecom snc that owns it.However I confirm that the quoted price is very good even if the driver will not be able to speak great English or if the minivan will not be the latest brand new Mercedes "V" class model. I can see from their web site that there is a little extra charge if you pay by credit card (3 Euro) or if you arrive between h.10.30pm-6am (9 euro).
The important thing is that they work with fully licensed drivers and luxury vehicles as stated on the web site.
Make sure they provide you a local office telephone number or the driver's mobile phone in case you have any difficulties in meeting the driver at the airport.
Regards,
Antonio

Travel Tips for Rome

Excellent Squares (But With Exceptions)

by mrclay2000

Though I said in the introduction that Rome has the best squares in Europe, some are a little bit rundown and even lonely, though the guidebooks drum them up beyond their merits. Take the Piazza della Reppublica. It has a great central fountain but is not people-friendly with its massive traffic (the strangulation of cranes and horses by the sculpted figures isn't very warming either). The Piazza Barberini has an even lonelier fountain.

Bird's eye view of the Forum

by rexvaughan

I wish I had done this before touring the Forum, but there is a great view from the Campidoglio which gives you an elevated panoramic look at the Forum. After you go up the stairs to the Campidoglio, bear right and ahead. You can't miss it.

Plane

by lina112

We flew with the air company named air europa. The flight was not direct, first we flew from Málaga to Madrid airport and from madrid to rome. The service was very good and the crew were vey nice. From Roma to Madrid we flew on business class, we did not believe it, we dont know why we were seated on first class but we had a very good flight. After seat they gave us a orange juice, during the flight we had lunch conssist in a salad, main course, dessert and coffee and finally before landing they gave us a sweet. The service was superb and crew was very nice.

Volamos a Roma con air europa. El vuelo no fue directo, tuvimos que cambiar en el aeropuerto de barajas en Madrid, por suerte no fuimos a la terminal nueva la bién famosa T4. El vuelo fue muy bién y el personal muy amable, es mas el vuelo de Roma a Madrid lo hicimos en primera clase, no se porque motivo pero nos pusieron en primera clase, nos dieron un zumo de bienvenida antes de despegar, durante el vuelo nos dieron una toallita caliete para lavarte las manos, nos dieron una comida y 1 caramelo antes de aterrizar.

Close to the Vatican City/Piazza di San Pietro

by Redang about Hostaria-Pizzeria da Zi Adele al Farinone

Maybe this restaurant is not the eight wonder of the world, but is very close to Basilica di San Pietro (St Peter's Basilica). So that, after visiting it, you can go here to have lunch and relax. They have the menu in several languages.

For the location, have a look at the other pic.

- Fax: (+39) 06 68 78 187

Get away from the city

by Saringuis

If you are staying long enough in Rome and have a day to "spear", go to Ponza for a day! It's an island not too far away from Rome and you will enjoy some exquisit vieuws and swim in gorgeous blue waters. You need to take a train to Anzio (or drive there) and from there on you can take the Ferry to Ponza. Once there you can rent a boat for the day and go island hopping. It's quite pricy so if you are on a budget, you might want to make friends with a yacht-owner ;-D

Comments