Belsito

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Rome

Fontana Quattro Fiumi with obeliskFontana Quattro Fiumi with obelisk

A Ling of Vespas, Roma, May 2007A Ling of Vespas, Roma, May 2007

Antinous Obelisk on the Pincio Hill, May 2007Antinous Obelisk on the Pincio Hill, May 2007

Home of the heart-shaped pizzaHome of the heart-shaped pizza

Rome to Zurich by night train

by acmorgan

Dear all,

I've been reading some questions - wow, great tips, great people around here.
Anyway, I'll be going to Italy for some 5 weeks or so, with my husband and our 4.5 year old son. We'll be going via Gatwick (UK) to Pisa and then taking a train to Florence.

We'll be spending 4 weeks in Florence and then 1 week in Rome. Will be renting flats in both places, all sorted out.

We'll be leaving Rome on a Saturday (2nd of August) to go to Zurich on the night train.

- regarding communication: I'll take my smartphone, as I need to keep checking emails and working (not much a vacation for me...). I've been checking TIM webpage, and it seems to have what I need, but I'm not sure. I can use my own smartphone as a modem and connect to the internet, but I guess I need a special plan for data, not just voice. Could any of you help me?
I need a pre-paid, no strings attached, plan for voice and data, for five weeks or so. I just need the SIM card, I'll take my own phone.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Re: Rome to Zurich by night train

by mccalpin

"- Can I buy this night train ticket in Florence? Or in Pisa? Due to our family arrangement, we'd like to get a T3 cabin - just for the 3 of us. "

You will be able to buy these tickets at any Italian rail station, as well as at innumerable travel agencies in Italy (I did a search recently and found nearly 400 in Rome alone).

If you are sure of the date (as it sounds like you are), then I would encourage you to go ahead and get the tickets early on in Italy (like the first few days in Florence). I say this because there is only the one through train (dep at 19:55, arr at 08:34), and there are limited T3 cabins, so the sooner the better - as long as you are sure of the date.

Normally, we don't tell people that they need to worry too much about advance purchases, but given your particular requirements, and the happy fact that you will be in Italy for 5 weeks before your trip, take care of this when you get to Florence...

Bill

Travel Tips for Rome

Stunning Ceilings.

by rachel_sun

There are so many buildings with beautifully decorated ceilings.Do take your time and see the splendor of Romes beautiful bulidings.Nearly every other building is stunning.Beautiful outside and inside.It took my breath away.

Ancient world a few stops from Rome

by footstool

Ancient tile work takes center stage at Ostica Antica. It's at the last stop on the Black Line of the Roman subway, and a 10 minute walk over the highway onto the grounds. [Don't bother with a horribly overpriced tour. In fact, we, and the tour group, ate in the same (and the only!) restaurant on the grounds. We saw exactly the same things that they saw, and we only paid the subway fare.] Many facets of ancient life remain for us moderns to marvel at, the most enduring of which is the seemingly indestructible tile work. We can tell, from the tilework in photo 4, that it was the floor of the gymnasium. The most striking aspect of strolling around this dead town is the solitude, but not in a morbid sense. It's not loneliness in the modern sense, but the ability to hear yourself think without cars honking, trains screeching, and TV blaring. We "moderns" are so used to letting other people do our thinking for us.

Party Time At The Castle of Bracciano

by Krystynn about A Private Castle in Castelli Romani

Chilling out with colleagues at the Castle of Bracciano, located about 40KM away from Rome.... in the countryside outside the medieval town of Bracciano.

The Castle is only a 45 minute drive away from Rome/ Fiumicino International Airport.

The amazing medieval castle overlooks the volcanic lake of Bracciano, a major water reservoir of Rome’s fountains. This is a good venue to hold your wedding or company dinner.

Cheers!

A bit of local charm

by kakou226 about I wish I could remember

The restaurant is charming. It has a lovely patio covered in vines and torches. The waiters are all dressed up in traditional costumes and there are musicians. Seafood salad. I just love the seafood in this country! It is cooked to perfection.

There is a huge menu to pick from!

Trevi Fountain

by anagrettel

This Fountain is amazing! It's just so beautiful and big. The sculpure in the middle is Neptune, riding a chariot with shape of a shell.

The leyend is that if you throw a coin into the fountain you will return to Rome. Well, How can this be possible to do ?when the place is so crowded! I just took a look at the fountain, when all I wanted was to get out of there. Too bad for me I didn't throw that coin, but still hope I can go back to Rome again, when is less crowded if that is ever possible.

Comments