Via Vicenza 58, Rome, RM 00185

Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 38% more than other 3 star hotels

• jopetsy's Profile Photo

Not your ordinary 3 star hotel

I stayed in this hotel last year of the same month. I could have ranked this hotel a 5 star but I decided not to because of some things that happened when I arrived.
    I arrived Rome via Cathay Pacific Airways flight 293, which left Hong Kong at 1205 and arriving in Rome after 13 hours which gave you a real tiring experience. Eventually, I arrived Rome at 730 local time and by 900, I was already at the hotel. I didn't expect to be accommodated right away but I was expecting a little courtesy from the front desk. The front desk could be in bad mood during that time and was answering me rudely the whole time. So I left and had breakfast at the nearest opened restaurant which was a couple of blocks from the hotel. By 1000, I was back at the hotel and just waited patiently till an assistant approached us to be in our room by 1100.
    Well, I stayed in this hotel again because of its location and its rooms. I wasn't disappointed with how the rooms was presented but some things are missing, like having only a pair of room slippers or maybe requesting an electric adaptor to charge my gadgets which I was able to borrow last year.
    Anyway, it could have had a 5 star experience if not for the service flaws. Still recommended but hopefully will have a better courtesy from their staff next time.

Unique Quality: Perfect breakfast and free WIFI

Directions: Roma Termini

• Amazing bargain in Rome

We chose this hotel based upon reviews on this site. Primarily, the price (about $200 per night, an amazing breakfast buffet, and one block from the Metro (Castro Pretoria) made us choose this hotel. The rooms are elegant and spacious (although the shower is a little tight), the desk staff very helpful, lots of little restaurants nearby. If you want coffee or tea service, they will send up a pot and the necessary goodies to make morning coffee. They even found a little electric fan for me! Ask for "wash cloths" and they will deliver them--once, so wash them out.
    They can arrange your transfer to the airport for 45 to 50 euros. I would stay here again without question.

Unique Quality: One block from a metro stop and very reasonable. Terrrific breakfast.

Directions: Near Termini station

• myrtle's Profile Photo

Very beautiful hotel & friendly staff

Anytime we needed something day or night, the staff at the Best Western Hotel Canada was there to get it for us. They couldn't have been friendlier, and they're in a great location, too. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. It's well worth the price you'll pay.

More about Best Western Hotel Canada

Good Choice!

After finishing our tour in Tuscany, I stayed in the Best Western Hotel Canada in Rome for two nights in August of 2004. I chose the hotel after reading a few comments in the tripadvisor pages. I paid Euro 132 per day / single for a deluxe room.

Before my arrival, I was a bit hesitant, though. I stayed in Best Western chain hotel in Canada before. And frankly, it was too average in terms of everything. On the contrary, this hotel in Rome was pretty satisfactory and far better than my expectations.

I thought the fine management and close control of the family (Pucci) make a positive difference here. Old small elevator gives a character to the hotel. I chose the stairs sometimes, either it was already busy or there were people waiting in front of me.

My room was really spacious and very clean. Bathroom was also clean and pretty spacious.
There were no carpets and no remote control for the TV in the room. Apart from that, in fact it was well maintained with the furniture. Partly the room and the closet seemed to me a bit old, though. Corridors are well maintained with pictures and some furniture, which in my view upgrades the hotel’s image.

The staff seemed to me kind and disciplined. Breakfast was really rich especially by considering my experience in other four stars hotels. The lady in the breakfast room (blond, with eyeglasses) was really helpful and kind. And housekeeping service was good. The young lady in the reservation office was also very kind on phone, when I called up for the reservation.

I agree with the comment that Termini area might be a bit far for tourist attractions for the first timers. Since I have been to Rome before a few times, it was not a problem for me.
Security is good in the hotel. At night they lock the main gate. And there are security cameras outside of the building.

Based on my own experience, I can suggest this hotel to my friends in my circle without any hesitation, just by reminding the relative distance to the tourist attractions for the first timers.

Great Rates for Senior Citizens

We spent three days in Rome. The Hotel Canada offers a significant savings for seniors or AARP members. The savings can only be had through the Best Western web site. The hotel was very nice, and in a quiet neighborhood. It is conveniently located close to two Metro stations. I would stay at this hotel when visiting Rome again.

Very pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member J051

We've just returned from spending 5 nights in Rome at the Hotel Canada. It was fairly quiet, nicely furnished with friendly,helpful staff. The metro "Castro Pretorio" is just around the corner and in a couple of stops you're at the Colosseum. For dinner there is The A'bruzzo restaurant down the road with good food and a nice atmosphere. We found this hotel was more than ok for our holiday in Rome. On the negative side the coffee machine broke and we had cold coffee one night also the breakfast wasn't great, your usual continental stuff! At the end of the day a good time was had by all and I'd recommend this hotel.

A pleasant trip

by TripAdvisor Member MrsMungo

We stayed at Hotel Canada for four nights early September 2004 and paid 155 euros per night. The receptionist was very helpful on arrival and the man who took the bags to our room very informative. I have no complaints about the room - very spacious with a small balcony onto the inside courtyard. One day we mistakenly left the safe open; the maid reset the security code and the receptionist informed us on our return. The breakfast was good every day, with a variety on the same theme. The few restaurants close to the hotel are very well priced for Rome - well worth a try. We felt at ease in the area at night, although I would be cautious venturing on the 'other side' of Termini station.

unfortunately dissappointed

by TripAdvisor Member NicBald

Unfortunately, I have to dissagree with many of the reviews posted on this page. After checking tripadvisor.com, I booked the Best Western Canada without hesitation. I must say that I extensively travel through Europe and would consider myself very-well informed about Europen hotels.

First, I will focus on the pros. The hotel room was spacious, and I found the location to be rather good (not too far from Termini). The breakfast was also rather nice for a 3-star hotel, although the orange juice was the worst I have ever tasted.

The cons seem to be what lingers in my memory of the Canada hotel. For what should have been a friendly staff, I found one of the clerks to be extremely cold. I should have asked why. One day, we were being lazy and sleeping in. We had turned on the "Do not disturb light" and we did not mean to be disturbed. However, the hotel was unhappy that they could not get into the room to clean, add towels. They repeatedly called the room asking when we would be out (about every 10 minutes for 2 hours until we finally just left) even though we stated that we were content with the room as it was. There should not even have been a "Do not disturb" because the loud housekeeping staff promptly woke us up around 9AM every morning anyways by being loud in the halls.

I also have a hard time understanding how previous reviewers state that this should be a 4-star hotel. The bathroom was very small and the shower was quite difficult to manage. My last problem was quite serious and this was how the staff treated my girlfriend. Perhaps it is the fact that both of us are only 25, but they were extremely rude to her while I was not around. I even cought one of the clerks giving her funny looks while I was out of his view.

All in all, I would recommend the hotel for those who are in Rome on a tight budget but please be aware that this is not the hotel I believed I was getting from the reviews.

EXCELLENT, EVEN THOUGH PRICEY

Well, we were very impressed with this hotel. We had debated quite abit whethe we wanted to book here because of the price, but it was well worth it. The room was the nicest in terms of furnishings, and it was quite close to the rail station and the local transit station. We were able to walk to the rail station with our roller suitcase with no difficulties. The breakfast was wonderful with a bigger selection than we had anticipated, and the staff were so nice and welcoming. There is also a nice restaurant just as you step out of the hotel, which had the best meal my husband said he'd had in Rome! Overall, i highly recommend this hotel, bearing in mind that for the month of July, us Canadians will be paying quite abit! Still, for the location and how impressive everything to do with the hotel was, i would definitely stay there again in any month!!

Perfect the job albeit a little pricey

Spent 3 nights here this month and was very pleased with all aspects of the hotel albeit it was a little high in price (c. £130 per room per night)albeit you need to take in to account city hotel prices generally around the world.

In an old military area of the city the hotel building was beautiful and felt like "Rome" - marble floors, decorated high domed ceilings and wooden floors in the bedroom.

Looked to have been recently renovated and there was no issues with any of the cleanliness or condition of the hotel.

Excellent sized room and bathroom - fresh and clean

Breakfast was adequate albeit limited in choice - cold continental style but there was hot eggs, bacon and toast.

First day walked to the "sights" - Forum and Colosseum etc !! - but soon got to grips with the metro stations close by which is easy to use but necessary to get around quickly and easily. A two minute walk to either of the two stations (incl. the main Termini) sees you at the main sights within 10mins for just 1-Euro. A taxi was only 8-10 Euro. It was nice to "get away" from the hustle and bustle and back to the hotel quickly if need be.

All in all we liked this hotel , you get the 'security' of the Best Western consistency of brand and i would go back and if you could get a slightly better rate for the rooms then all the better.

Great Hotel

Have just returned from a short break to Rome with my wife and our two mothers - very brave of us! This hotel was superb for us. There are five floors all accessible by stairs or a small lift. Rooms were perfect - spacious and comfortable - and the glass doors cut out all the noise of the city - very quiet and peaceful environment. The breakfast room was excellent for our needs - loads of choice. All staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Location was great also - after a full day of walking, we did not want to venture too far at night, and we were delighted with the quality and choice of restaurants that were closeby - had we been there for a week or more, we would have had to go a bit further afield I'm sure. Would recommend to anyone.

by giuliar25

I am planning to book this hotel for my vacation in August. I am staying for four days and I would like to know how much I can expect the taxes and fees to add to the 115 euros/night price?

Re: Best Western Hotel Canada

by Ina08

The published prices for hotels in Italy are inclusive of taxes and fees, so this is the final room rate.

Comments