Via Torino 127, Rome, Lazio, 00184, Italy

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Venere.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Central Location

A 4 star Best Western Hotel - a chain found around the world. Handy for all the attractions of Rome - the bus and metro (both lines A and B) were a couple of minutes walk away so it was really convenient.

Unique Quality: The rooms were clean and comfortable with modern fully fitted bathrooms. The bed was huge and this took up most of the room!
    Breakfast was continental buffet style and there was always plenty of meats and breads being restocked.
    Reception, bar and lounges areas were fitting for a 4 star status. Reception staff were really helpful with any queries of how to get somewhere or which bus to take etc...
    Plus there was free internet access (in the reception area) for hotel guests. I never had a problem getting to use - great for keeping in touch with VT friends :-) The keyboard letters were rather faded which made my typing more eroneous than ususal!!

More about Best Western Hotel Mondial

Fanatastic Hotel

We stayed at Hotel Mondial for 1 week. After being told about European hotels and the room sizes we were very impressed with the size and cleanliness of our room. The breakfast each morning was fantastic, as was the service. HM is also in a fantatsic location, just off Via Nazionale, one of the main shopping streets leading you to the Trevi fountain and walking distance to all the major sites while being tucked away from the hustle and bustle. There is also a great deli/cafe 2 doors up which serves great coffee and hot chocolate. We would definitely stay there again and recommend this to anyone wanting a comfortable stay in Rome.

Good location, quiet rooms

by TripAdvisor Member ZoomLady

We stayed in November 2005 for two nights. We chose this location after staying at two other nearby hotels earlier in our trip that were booked. The hotel is close to Termini train station (10 minute walking distance), Repubblica Metro station (5 minute walk) and there are good restaurants nearby. We felt Hotel Mondial was a bit pricey considering the tired carpets and dated (read 1970s) interiors. Staff were neutral in there service, but the breakfast buffet was quite good. The rooms are large and clean with those located at the back of the hotel very quiet. Unfortunately, for the entire stay the guest internet kiosk was not working, nor did they seem to care (other guests indicated it had been almost a week since it had worked). We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Oceania nearby more.

Great Location - Would Stay Again

by TripAdvisor Member ChrisOfTheGames

My father and I took a four day trip to Rome at Christmas (I am currently living in Europe and he was visiting me). The Hotel Mondial was a GREAT place to stay. The rooms were spacious and clean, the traffic noise was not too bad for Rome and the breakfast was quite acceptable. Also, nearly everyone in the hotel spoke reasonably good English.

We arrived on Christmas Eve after walking down from Termini. Not much was open but once we got settled in, we walked around the area a bit and visited a couple of churches near Piazza della Republica. For sightseers, the hotel is a perfect location - about a 10 minute walk from Termini Station and about 2 minutes from the Metro.

As my father cannot walk long distances, we booked tours for the 26th and 27th. The staff at the desk were very good about explaining what was good and bad about some of the tours and the tours that they recommended were quite good, as well. We took a combined morning and afternoon tour on each day.

We wanted gelato after dinner on Christmas and Laura at the desk suggested a couple of places to try since almost everything was closed. We never did actually find a gelateria that was open but she was good about making suggestions.

There are several restaurants in the area - some good, some not as good - so finding a place to eat is not difficult.

All in all, the hotel helped to make the trip a good experience. I would definitely stay there again.

I do want to add one small comment regarding some of the reviews I have read here. It seems that most Americans who post reviews of Rome hotels find them to be less than acceptable (small rooms, indifferent or unfriendly staff, poor breakfast, etc), while most British find the hotels and staffs to be quite good.

My personal view, having lived in Europe for the last four years, is that most Americans expect to go to Europe and be in America. Guess what - it doesn't happen that way! European hotel rooms are generally smaller and less well appointed than a comparably priced room in the US. A hot breakfast for Europeans is not as elaborate as one in the US. As for the indifference of the hotel staff, my observation is that most Americans go in with guns blazing making demands. This does not work in Europe. We were quite friendly with the staff at the Mondial and they went out of their way to help us. Just my two cents.

Safe Comfortable Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Dublin_Dude

Stayed at the Mondial, twice in November 2004 and once January 2004 and deffinately would return again. Very good location to Termini and Underground. Its my Mum's favourite hotel in Rome, as it serves a very nice breakfast, and the bedrooms are quite spacious compared to other hotels in Rome and are very clean. Try not to get a room towards the front as there are alot of scooters parked outside and can be quite noisy, so pack some ear plugs. The area at night is quite busy, so its pretty safe, just be aware when walking around Piazza Republica and Termini, as the area can attract undesirables.

Great Location

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in October 2005.
This was our very first trip to Rome, so we did some research and chose this hotel for its great location.
A short walk from the Termini station and the Republica Metro.
Within comfortable walking distance to many of the major sites.
The rooms are very clean and spacious
The breakfast buffet was also very good. The complimentary internet access was also a plus.
The staff was pleasant and accomodating.
The front desk also arranged an airport shuttle for us the morning we checked out.
Overall, a very pleasant stay and we would return again.

Location...The Best

by TripAdvisor Member saya08

The hotel locationis perfect it is so close to the termini station that there is not need to take a taxi, the metro is around the corner so it is very easy to get around the city from this place. The hotel has a very nice rooms, its very clean. The breakfast which was included was ok
This was my firt trip to rome and choosing this hotel made my trip a pleasant experience.
Next to the hotel there is a nice coffee shop which sell good and unexpensive food.

perfect location and received special treatment

Location, location, location. The hotel is within 7 minutes walking of termini. You don't need a taxi to get there from the train station. Right across the street from the hotel is a metro underground stop for "republic." There are two buses that cut right through the center of the city (64-local and 40-express). Both stop within 100 m of the hotel. Rome is a big city and you need to save your feet after a while.

When I made the reservation, I informed them that it would be our honeymoon. On checking in, they gave us a nice note wishing us congratulations. Two minutes after getting into our room our room had a knock at it. The hotel brought us a complimentary bottle of champagne to drink.

The room we had was large by European standards and had a mini-bar.

The breakfast was very nice. They also have free internet in the lobby.

We were very happy with the hotel and its staff. We definitely would stay there again.

Great location

We chose this hotel based on the reviews on trip advisor. We were very happy with our choice. The hotel is in an excellent position just off the main road - so no terrible street noise. Very convenient for the metro and buses. You can walk it from the terminii, but please note that the train stops quite a walk from the main entrance.

Whilst the room was not large it was more than adequate for our needs. It was very clean, as was the bathroom. There are safes in the bedrooms which is very useful. The tea making facilities had to be requested, and the disposable cups were not great, but the staff supplied us with everything we requested within minutes.

The breakfast buffet was very good(certainly by English standards), with both hot and cold buffet.

One small annoyance was when we needed to use the internet (to on-line check in for our flights home), there is no printer available and when I accidently printed to the reception printer - well they were not very happy! This was just a very small annoyance in an otherwise very nice place.

Great location, huge rooms

by TripAdvisor Member mtfromuk

Stayed in the Mondial for 5 nights in March this year when we visited Rome as a treat for my 50th birthday. The hotel is near enough to the station that you can walk. There is plenty to see and do nearby and the metro is literally around the corner, which will get you easily and very cheaply to the Vatican, the Coliseum or within walking distance to most parts worth seeing. The breakfast at the hotel is self service and is very good, and for evening meals there are good restaurants and pubs near by. The room we had was huge, and although fairly basic, was clean and functional. I will definitely stay at the Mondial if I visit Rome again. Only complaint was they did keep us waiting a long time to check in saying the room wasn't ready but they happily put our luggage in store while we went out exploring. Don't miss Santa Maria degli Angeli on Piazza della Republica. It doesn't look much from the outside but go in and you will be stunned by it's size and beauty.

New year eve in Rome

by bogomil

Hi all,
Can you recommend me an accomodation and a place for the new year eve? I will stay in Rome from Dec 29 till Jan 2 th.

Should I learn some italian?

Thank you.

RE: New year eve in Rome

by bogomil

It's me again.

Can you give me some advice. I am wondering which hotel to choose:

Hotel Del Gianicolo
Via delle Mura Gianicolensi 107 - 00152 Rome

Hotel Grand Palatino
Via Cavour 213 - 00184 Rome

Via Torino 127,, Roma, I-00184, IT

RE: RE: New year eve in Rome

by SabrinaSummerville

I can't help you on the hotel bit as I don't know any of those three. In Rome I stayed in the Rose Garden Palace which is truly lovely, four star, and just up the street from the Spanish Steps.

As for learning Italian, I'd highly recommend it if you have the time. You won't really need it, but the Italians just love it when you use their language and they will delight in the opportunity to help you use it.

I spent last week in Italy, visiting Sirmione, Venice, Floirence, Riva, Lazise and Limone and had plenty of chances to use the language. In Venice we spent an evening at dinner speaking Italian with an Italian group of diners.

I have some new tips on my Italy pages about those things and good luck with the Hotel in Rome - what a lovely spot to spend new year.

Comments