Bologna

Piazza Bologna 6, Rome, 00162, Italy

Good For No Data
  • Bellisimo!!!!

Having never been to Rome we started looking for someplace with a local flavor. We never stayed at a bed and breakfast either so I searched as thoroughly as I could. After reading pages of hotels, motels and bed and breakfasts, B & B Bologna seemed to have so many wonderful reviews that we made an email inquiry and from that point on we were in wonderful hands. As advertised, the accommodations were great and very homey. We were on the second floor of an elevatored building. Our large bedroom had great air conditioning and was very clean. We had a private fully equipped bathroom. I brought my little laptop and had super internet connections. The "typical" Italian breakfast presented each morning was "toast" and cheese, sweet rolls and Nutella chocolate spread with a big pot of Italian coffee. Even cereals, milk, juice, tea and cookies were on hand. If we wanted to prepare something, a kitchen was available. The neighborhood was super. There were restaurants within walking distance, pasticcerias (Italian pasteries), gelato shops and a great park across from the B & B where you could sit and have espresso or cappicuino in the outdoor cafe. We never used a taxi in the entire six day stay. We bought a weekly pass that gave us admission to all buses and metro trains. There are several choices in selecting the type of Metro pass to fit your needs. Both the buses and the trains were outside the B & B and they transported us right in front or very close to most tourist sites. The major train system, Termini Station, was just two stops from Piazza Bologna.

Unique Quality: Our hosts Daniela and Micaela (mother and daughter) were very caring and were always on hand to assist in any questions we had. They guided us in great places to eat, shop or just getting on the right mode of transportation. Our stay could not have been better and the bonus was having such wonderful hosts as Micaela and Daniela who both treated us like family and not customers.

Directions: two metro stops from the main train terminal (Termini Station)

More about Bologna

The Hosts with the Most!!

by TripAdvisor Member 3against1

Let me give you some examples of why staying at B&B Bologna was like staying with family!

My husband and I met in Rome while he was on leave from serving with the Canadian military in Afghanistan. He had been away for four months, and was arriving there a couple of days before me, so I wanted to do something special for him. A week before his arrival I emailed Aldo, and told him our story. Aldo immediately reduced the price of our room to single from double for the two nights my husband would be there alone. Then, when I explained that (aside from his family) the thing my husband was missing the most was milk, he promised to provide him with a big, cold glass of milk when he arrived!

When my husband arrived at the Bologna, Aldo armed him with maps, directions, and instructions on how to take the train to the airport to meet me when I arrived. And there in the fridge were two litres of nice cold milk, at no extra charge!!

After I arrived, the star treatment continued, as Aldo and Daniella advised us on local sights to see, the appropriate dress to wear, and even bought us bus tickets on our last day there!

Our room was large, impeccably clean and comfortable and our hosts were always kind, helpful and courteous, treating us like one of their own. Then, on our last day in Rome, they kept our bags for us after we checked out so we could go across town on the bus to get our rental car. Aldo even had his daughter throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain on our behalf when we ran out of time to go there ourselves.

If we ever go back to Rome, there is no doubt about where we will stay. B&B Bologna provided everything we needed to enjoy Rome and start our much awaited reunion.

Excellent - best hosts in Rome!

by TripAdvisor Member katsuadashinomoto

I just need to say "ditto" to all the other reviews. Convenient location, nice clean room in an apartment building with nice bathroom one door down, and most of all charming and wonderful hosts. They are informative, friendly, generous, and funny.

Special experience! ---a couple from Hawaii

by TripAdvisor Member creampot

We stayed at B & B Bologna in May for three days. It was conveniently located and the room was clean and comfortable. More than anything, Aldo and his wife were such wonderful hosts that we felt very much at home. They definitely made our experience in Rome very special. We hope to come back again!!

Best Hotel all Trip!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Pet_McCool

This was the 4th hotel we stayed in on our mini European vacation, & it was by far the best! Granted only budgeting around $100 (CDN) per night doesn't usually give you a heck of a lot, but this place exceeded all expectations. The owner, Aldo, was the nicest person we met all trip, providing a wealth of knowledge of Rome. He was also the first person in Europe to let me make a local phone call & not charge anything.

The room was huge & clean and it had AIR CONDITIONING!!! Also, the satelite TV had many channels that can be switched to english - although wathcing The Simpons in Italian was the funniest thing ever.

Don't worry about the shared bathrooms, since 3-4 rooms share 2 of them. Plus, they were very clean.

One word of warning though...make sure you have excellent directions on how to get there and the exact address. The B&B is in a regular apartment building with no signage out front.

When I go back to Rome, I will be staying here!!

Loved It!

by TripAdvisor Member republic33

I don't think that you could find a nicer place to stay in this price range in Rome.

The B&B is in a great spot, only a few metres from a subway or bus stop which will bring you to all of the places you want to see in Rome.

The hosts (Aldo and his family) were wonderful and gave fabulous recommendations on what to see, what bus route to take and where to eat! Aldo's English is impeccable.

The room and the shared bathrooms were clean. The bedroom was spacious, it had air conditioning, satellite tv and the neighbourhood was very quiet. Breakfast was included and offered choices of: juice, coffee, cereal, packaged muffins and breads, etc.

We felt very welcome at the B&B Bologna and highly recommend it to others.

OK Stay

by TripAdvisor Member lenchiksf

The B&B is actually located in a regular apartment building, so don't look for an actual INN. The hosts are super-friendly, the rooms are nice and clean. There is a metro station nearby and several buses that go to the center.

Overall a good deal.

The real Roman experience: ALDO!

by TripAdvisor Member LJChrissos

What an amazing trip!

The B&B Bologna is hosted by Aldo, a kind older man with a lot wisdom for first timers/tourists. As you can see by the reviews. He's a great host and a great guy!

The B&B is very cheap for Rome which was appreciated after all of the money I spent on food and wine!

You can ask for a room with your own bathroom (which we did and is slightly more expensive) and breakfast is light cereal, pastries, coffee and juice. Enough to get you going for the day but not anything heavy.

The B&B is easily accessible to the metro and the bus stops. The bus directly on the piazza Bologna takes you on a route through all of the historic areas. I highly recommend the bus. It's the easiest way to travel, the least confusing, and you can see all the sights and stop where you want to. It's also very cheap. You can buy a three day pass for only 11 pounds.

I liked that the B&B Bologna was away from the loud parts of the city but easily accessible to all of the sights.

Aldo was very helpful in providing maps and valuable tips (like how to skip the long lines for tickets at the Colosseum). My boyfriend and I were interested in attending a football match. Aldo called ahead and found out the best place to purchase tickets and all of the information we would need. We had a great time!

One thing to note: If you are on the larger side, the bathrooms are quite small. My boyfriend is 6'4 and 260 and barely fit. Lucky for me, I'm Italian sized (5'2)!

We had a great time and will always remember our experience in Rome. THANK YOU ALDO! We'll send our friends your way soon!

Love, Lauren and Ryan (Arlington, VA)

Good Family Run B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Nowuries

I made my reservation for this B&B off of Venere.com, but they have their own website too: [-] . B&B Bologna was a nice B&B SUPER close (right out the front door) to the Piazza Bologna Metro station. Aldo and his family are nice and serve a very plentiful breakfast, along with great Italian coffee. Our room was large with a queen bed, tv, desk and had A/C. Our room had a detached bathroom down a small hallway. The bathroom was nice and large, but the shower would give some folks some problems--it was fairly cramped (which is typical in Europe so I didn't downgrade as a result). For the convenience, the price, the good accomodations, the interaction with Aldo and his family and the breakfast, I gave an above average. The only thing slightly lacking was the decor and the towels were pretty rough... but big deal!! Another plus to the location is that there are wonderful restaurants nearby (Aldo recommended Enrico's, which was reasonable and the food was superb) and a great gelateria less than a 5 minute walk away. Another huge plus (and the reason why I stay in a B&B over a hotel) is that the room was very secure--the individual rooms had a lock w/key, the apartment with the two rooms had a lock w/key, and the door to the street had a lock w/key. You could leave and know your valuables were safe. What a great comfort!! Enjoy Aldo, he has some great insight and opinions if you have an open mind...

Nice, clean place and a good value

by TripAdvisor Member Rain_CityUSA

Our room clean, spacious and quiet (when windows are closed). From the main window there was a pleasing view of Piazza Bologna. The bed was quite comfortable. The rooms are secure and the proprietor, Aldo, lives in the flat next door. The coffee at breakfast is good. My only quibble is small: the hot water for the shower can be tricky to regulate, and the building appears to have centralized heating (you cannot adjust it).

Though the Bologna is several kilometers from the main attractions of Rome, don't let this deter you. There is a subway station located just a few steps outside the door (and you don't even have to cross a street to get to it!). Major bus lines (including the No. 68, which goes to the Vatican and other interesting places in between) are only a block away. We had no problems getting to where we wanted to go with the subway and busses. There are a number of good pizzarias and wicked pastry shops within walking distance (500 meters or less). The Bologna B&B does not provide laundry service, but there is a self service laundry 2-3 blocks away. A pharmacy is located just across the piazza, next to one of the wicked pastry shops. Nice neighborhood.

The proprietor, Aldo, is a kind gentleman who goes out of his way to make his guests' stay more comfortable. He is a good source of advice about how to get to/from Rome's major attractions, good places to eat, location of services, and all other manner of information. He's an interesting person to listen to and genuinely enjoys interacting with his guests.

This place is an excellent value for the cost-conscious traveller.

Comments