Via Cavour, 310, Rome, Lazio, 00184, Italy

Venere.com Booking.com Travelocity

• christigpa's Profile Photo

Elegant B&B Steps Away from Colesseum

The Caeser House B&B is run by a few lovely sisters, all very hospitable and eager to assist with dinner recommendations/reservations, reviewing maps, etc. They take great pride in their property and it shows. Our room was kept immaculate throughout entire stay, we had plenty of towels and toiletteries. In the foyer and sitting room are bookshelves with travel guides, peridicals and misc. books to thumb through. Umi is the "house manager" and brought our breakfast to our room each morning (each evening you chose your selections and placed on the outside of your door). It gave you just the right start to your day - boiled egg and yogurt for protein, coffee for caffeine, hot chocolate or huge pastries for the sugary carbs. The location is great, a five minute walk to the Collesseum, two Metro stops. There were a number of restaraunts in the area, quick eateries, gelato stores as well as one or two "mini-marts", Roma-style. Termini Station is a 15 minute walk up Via Cavour. The property is private, is does not have great public space and therefore is best suited for couples, singles or other mature travelers - not the backpacker or family. One night Mom & I sat in the sitting room with two married couples and shared complimentary wine (provided by the propretiers). Both couples had been to Rome before and insisted on staying at the Caeser House again.

Unique Quality: My mother and I stayed at the Caeser House B&B for 8 nights November 2004. I can't remember the name (Maria?) of the room we had, but it was a stylishly-decorated twin room w/ ensuite bathroom. The pictures on the web are EXACTLY what you will find - no surprises or switch & bait. Outside of our window was a glorious view of Via Cavour and far, far off - the Forum. We had plenty of room for the two of us: a dresser, writing table and 2 chairs, small fridge (was stocked upon arrival), wardrobe w/ plenty of hangers and extra blankets, large shower with great water pressure. Beds were comfy with big bedside tables for your travel guides. We quickly learned to take our showers at night as the hot water wasn't as plentiful in the AM - typical in most small inns or B&Bs worldwide. We had our own AC/heat, no worries there. One or two nights we slept with the windows open. One night we listened to the bands playing at the Colesseum - MTV Europe Music Awards was on! We also had a Sat TV and caught the European version of BBC every night before turning in. I think we also watched a bit of Stuart Little dubbed in Italian one night!

I believe we paid E140 per night, this was offseason. I took care of all reservations through www.romeby.com and brought the confirmation printout with me.

You will be pleased with this spot, we were. If, and I hope I do, get to return to Rome, I'll certainly stay at the Caeser House B&B.

More about Caesar House Residenze Romane

A Great Place to Stay

My wife and I enjoyed our stay. Highlights include the helpful staff, breakfast delivered to your room each morning and the terrific location. The staff was so helpful that when we emailed them from Florence with a travel question, the staff promptly responded with very helpful information. Highly recommended.

The best of Rome is here at Caesar House

by TripAdvisor Member cast

We recently stayed at the Caesar House apartment, it is the perfect location viewing the Roman Forum and Colosseum. The rooms were large, spotless and nicely decorated. The bathrooms had ample space . The apartment consisted of two bed rooms with each private bath , a living dining area , and a kitchen. It was perfect for two couples. Two of the rooms had a view of the Roman Forum. The beds were comfortable and large. Included was a continental breakfast delivered each morning at our designated time. The best part of Caesar house was the staff, Julia. Simone. Pamela and Yurri.They arranged for car transfere, dinner reservations, dining suggestions, etc. We would reccomend this to our friends, and will return for our next visit to Rome.

Great Location, Property and Service

by TripAdvisor Member American-in-Paris36

My Wife and I stayed at the Caesar House for 3 nights in September 2004. From the moment we arrived, we were warmly greeted and made to feel very welcome. We stayed in one of the suites which had a view to the Roman Forum and was obviously within walking distance of most of the major sites. The room was very clean and well appointed and a nice continental type breakfast was served in the room each morning (including a very good cappuccino!). In addition to the lovely location and room...perhaps the best part was the attention to detail displayed by Julia, Pamela and Yurri. They offered restaurant recommendations which were excellent and reasonably priced. We were also there during the Notta Bianca (white nites) celebration and the staff provided a map as well as several suggestions of events being held that evening. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Rome and we will, without a doubt, return.

Nice Room in Even Better Location

by TripAdvisor Member sawlman

My wife and I decided to go to Rome and spend one night before returning to Paris. I remembered that Caesar House Residenze received high marks from Trip Advisor and booked through Travelocity. Though the Travelocity booking ended up not going through, the hotel did have a room available for 210 Euros. We travelled by train to Rome and took the metro just one stop to the Cavour metro (Colosseo is closer even though you're backtracking but we figured it'd be better to get off at Cavour since we knew the hotel was on that street). Walking down the street towards the ruins you'll find Caesar's House on the left side of the street where you can buzz the reception. The Residenze is not your typical hotel as the building is shared by other residences and businesses. A couple flights up the stairs and you will be greeted warmly by the staff. They have an elevator but we did choose to use it.

The staff was helpful and kind. Their lobby has comfortable seats, tourist maps, guidebooks and is also nicely furnished. Our room was a clean, spacious, and well-appointed room as others have stated. Near two metro stops and more importantly, in the heart of the Ancient Ruins district. On Sunday, they close of the main roads to traffic so that people can stroll unihibited in the beautiful area. Nightime displayed all the ruins beautifully and we found our hotel so convenient for this very purpose.

For the price and location, Caesar's House was one night well spent. They accomodated us leaving our bags after we checked out so we can spend the day in Rome. If you are looking to be near the ancient ruins of Rome I would highly recommend this residence which has a few rooms to choose from, all which are accurately described in photos from their website. If you are looking for a traditional luxury hotel, this may not be exactly what you are looking for but is worth considering.

Absolutely fantastic!!

What a great hotel to explore ancient and modern Rome from! The owners Julia and Simona and their staff Pamela and others have tremendous taste and pride in their hotel and their city, and it shows in the personal service and commitment to ensure that we had a real experience of the wonders. food and culture of their city.

We stayed in the hotel for 5 nights, and then in their apartment close to P Navona for 2 nights. Both were wonderful - the hotel close to ancient Rome and the apartment 2 min to P Navona and the Pantheon!

Caesar House - Simply the Best!

My wife and I stayed at Caesar House for six nights in mid-October. The residence contains six rooms and is perfectly located in the middle of ancient Rome, within two blocks of the Colosseum and the Forum. Even better than the location, which is ideal, was the hospitality proved by the owners and staff of Caesar House. In all of our extensive travels, the service provided by Caesar House was the best we have experienced to date. The owners, sisters Julia and Simona, along with Youni, were absolutely awesome. In addition to arranging our transportation to and from the airport, they helped set up a private 1/2 day tour of Rome with Iris Carulli, who is fountain of unique information about the Eternal City. Julia, Simona, and Youni were always on hand to book sights, provide restaurant suggestions or give us an insiders view on what to see and how to get there. One of the highlights of our stay was the made-to-order, room service breakfast each morning. The food was delicious and Youni delivered breakfast at the requested time each morning. My wife and I had a wonderful time reviewing our plans for the day over breakfast in our room, which was very relaxing, different and quite a treat. The quality of the room was first class. The room was very clean and quite large, particularly by European standards, and had a full bathroom. While the service was great during our stay, it continued after we left. While waiting for our flight to depart from Rome, my wife remembered that we left certain valuables in our room safe. After our panic subsided, we called and spoke to Youni, who retrieved our items from the room safe. There was not enough time for us to go back to Caesar House and get our items so Youni said they would ship them to our home address in California. After providing Simona with the appropriate address information, she shipped our valuables and we received them on the date promised. Our items were packed in a professional manner and everything was returned intact. Suffice it to say, the entire staff at Caesar House went beyond the call of duty to take care of us during our stay in Rome............and beyond. Caesar House is quite simply - the best!

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JPB4BIS

Wonderful 4 day- stay from October 23rd . Rooms are very large, the hotel is located very closed to the Roman Forum . Very friendly welcome. Probably the most competitive prices for such a quality and standing. We highly recommend it to anybody .

excepional personal service

sophisticated management and staff emphasizing personal assistance in your vacation with them.family owned and run with pride. needs a couple of improvements like lighting in the rooms, but will likely get them as caesar house is being expanded from 6 rooms to 12 all on 2nd floor served by elevator. growingclientele recommending it to friends. location very close to ancient attractions.people are knowledgable italians building their business through service.

Very nice experience

The Caesar House had excellent service, great rooms for a small boutique (6 total), and perfect location for exploring the Colliseum and Forum. They were also very helpful in securing train reservations to Florence and suggesting dinner places. We have a 5-year-old son and they were very accomodating with a child, although it seemed that most people staying at the Caesar house were couples. Very nice breakfast in the morning, complimentary mini-bar beverages. All in all, a delightful experience in Rome.

How to choose B&B in Rome?

by virtigo

Hello everyone? We're going to France & Italy in late Oct & early Nov. I'm now booking hotels. I prefer B&B type of accomodation. Do you have any suggestions on which piazza to stay, and which B&B to choose in Rome? I have no idea which piazza is good in Rome.

I have some idea of Paris, 4th and 5th district. But if any of you have suggestions on Paris B&B, that'll be great too!

Also, I found a website http://www.parisbandb.com/, which also covers B&B in Rome. Has anyone used their service? Are they good or not?

Thanks in advance!

by Keyser

I'm not sure of your price range (B&B can have lots of meanings...), but my wife and I really enjoyed our stay at Caesar House Residenze Romane in Rome. You should be able to find reviews on tripadvisor.com and venere.com, and they have a website if you Google it. It's very close to the Forum, which is convenient in a lot of ways, but is not in the "center city" area. You might prefer to stay near a place like Piazza Navona, if you are wanting to stay more in the middle of the nightlife...

by guell

We stayed at Notti a Roma B&B. This B&B was just right for our purposes. The room was clean, quiet and had a private shower. The breakfast was very simple consisting of pastries and coffee. It is perfectly located on a quiet street near the Metro. The prices vary based on the room you get, so check their web site. Have a good trip!

by kbsunnyside