Campo De' Fiori

Hotel Campo De' Fiori
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

• abarbieri's Profile Photo

Charming place in central Rome

It has been completely renovated but still with a very traditional elegant decor. I am not sure if it is a 3 star or 4 star property. Double rooms start from Euro 129 per night in low season (2008).

The view from the terrace is amazing!!

Unique Quality: Small, quiet and very charming

Directions: Just around the corner from Piazza Campo de' Fiori

• turtlebella's Profile Photo

Sweet Rooftop Patio

First of all, you can't beat the location. EXTREMELY walkable to Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, the shopping district along the Via del Corso, the Area Sacra of the Largo de Torre Argentina, the countless, countless churches in the centro storico of Rome, of course the Campo dei Fiori, and it's not far Roman forum, Coloseum, etc. But still, it's on a small side street off of the Corso Vittorio Emanuele II so it feels cozy and neighborhoody. Staff are wonderful and friendly and willing to make your stay more than enjoyable. Rooms are what I would call modern lush- the hotel has recently been renovated and so everything is very, very nice. They also have a car service to / from the airport for 50 Euros which is very deluxe. You can also take the commuter train to Roma-Trastevere and then Tram #8 to the Largo de Torre Argentina and walk - very easy (and cheap). A ten euro taxi ride from the Termini train station.

But the most amazing part of this hotel is their rooftop garden. We went up there at sunset and it was glorious to look out over the rooftops of Rome and listen to all the bells of the churches, ringing, and spy on all the rooftop gardens and patios of the neighboring apartment buildings. Just lovely. We would mostly certainly stay there again.
    The US dollar is so weak right now that this place is pretty pricey, but certainly NOT the most expensive in Rome and would be well worth it for location alone, much less anything else!

Unique Quality: Rooftop patio- fantastic view! Terribly romantic.

Directions: turn left off the Corso Vittorio Emanuele II shortly after passing the Chiesa di Sant'Andrea della Valle

• mariocibelli's Profile Photo

Location, location, location..

Have used this hotel several times. Most recently there were eleven of us, yes eleven.

There were two BIG problems with this trip, one - most people were on upper floors and had very heavy luggage and were wishing for a quick death hauling iùthe bags up. two - It was hot as hell and there was no AC and also there was no circulating air - so it made for a hot time in the old hotel tonight.

Unique Quality: Great location in the beautiful Campo dei Fiori. However at night it can be quite loud due to the partying in the piazza.

Skip the hotel breakfast and go to the caffe overlooking Piazza Farnese just 100 meters away. Absolutely gorgeous.

Directions: Walk to the end of the Campo, via del Biscione is to the LEFT of the cinema.

More about Campo De' Fiori

Campo de Fiori - Central hotel...

by boeing_777

Campo de Fiori - Central hotel
L90,000-120,000 Clean and friendly place with a large roof terrace - and in a great central location.

Great Hotel with Amazing Roof Garden

by TripAdvisor Member Tripreviewer911

This hotel is a great experience! The breakfast is pretty good, too. When we got there we left to tour after visiting our rooms (which were really magnificant). When we got back to rest for a little while we figured out there was a roof garden with chairs and such. We went up to check it out and it was hard to leave for dinner. This hotel is a great hotel for the beginning, ending, or whole part of a trip. I would definitaly recommend this hotel to anyone else. It was the perfect end to our perfect trip and hopefully it will be the same to others. HOTEL CAMPO DE' FIORI is an amazing hotel!!!

amazing place

by TripAdvisor Member ennas

hotel campo de fiori is one of the best hotel that I have never been.
the location is amazing, by feet you can arrive everywhere : Navona, Pantheon, s.Peter, Colosseum....
by night is sourraunded of very nice restaurante and locals where you can enjoj your journay with your housband(for example).
the hotel is very romantic and comfortable.
the rooms are simply wonderful and belive me I have been in 5 stars hotel.
there is an amazing roof garden terrace with amazing view at 360 of all the landscape of Rome.
the staff are very very kindley and helpfull and if you have some problems to find a good place to eat or something else aboute the city you can ask at Michael that is simply the best receptionist in the world and a very beautiful person (and very nice).
the breakfast is very simple but the food is fantastic.
I suggest this hotel to all the people that wont to have an amazing experience in Rome at the best rates.

ciao,
Anne.

Superb Boutique Hotel in Historical Centre

by TripAdvisor Member Am0re

On arriving in Rome on a hot day we found the accomodation we had booked was unsuitable and decided to find a more comforatble hotel. Walking through the beautiful Campo de' Fiori and its atmospheric and bustling morning market we arrived in via del Biscione to discover the little jewel of the Hotel Campo de' Fiori.

The cool air of the perfectly climate controlled foyer was a relief as were the smiling faces of the efficient and extremely accommodating staff. Our bags were retrieved and two hot tired Australian ladies were shown to a beautiful twin room for 140 euro including breakfast. The hotel has been totally refurbished this year (in fact the final decorative touches were being made to the lounge area as we arrived) and whilst reflecting a tradtional Florentine theme it also has a modern edge to the new interiors - plasma screens are framed in magnificent gilt frames, bathrooms are super modern and luxurious in their finishes and feature large showers, fresh white towels, hairdryer - all you need to get glamorous for the passegiata!

I have travelled to Italy for the northern summer for the last five years and am always on the lookout for a gem of a hotel which gives me all the comfort and atmosphere I want without too high a price tag. It is also essential that it is well located and central to the historic centre so I don't waste money on taxis or precious travel time. I often travel alone and as a woman in a large city like Rome I would feel particularly safe here. The staff on the front desk were particularly helpful, very professional and concerned for our comfort.

The breakfast was very good in the beautiful breakfast room - an intimate space, serving juices, tea, coffee of choice, meats cheeses, pastries, preserves along with the morning papers. The hotel has a beautiful terrace on the roof offering a wonderful view over the historic centre and beyond.

A good night sleep is essential and in the hot weather we were treated to perfect climate controlled air-conditioning in rooms which could be darkened using the full and beautiful lined drapes, noise was also non-existent due to new glazing and perfectly sealed terrace doors. New beds were a delight - Aloe Vera mattresses brand new and fresh with excellent pillows topped it off. On a pratical note, there is a laundry and ironing service just across the small lane from the hotel.

I will definitely be returning to this lovely boutique hotel which I could not fault. Thankyou to Hotel Campo de' Fiori and congratulations on your beautiful refurbishment.

Truely wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member Bendable

The Hotel Campo De Fiori really is a wonderful hotel. Whilst travelling through Rome with my daughter, we stayed here for only two nights. Using my guide book for references, we checked the rooms and rates of a few hotels in the centre before checking into this one. Admittedly, not the cheapest of those in my budget guide book at 150 Euros per night, but I have to say I believe it was worth every cent and I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone else and hope to stay there again myself in the future. The staff where so pleasant and helpful (this was not the case in most other hotels we checked out) and the room was so nice, we loved it. The rooms are small and breakfast was, well breakfast was the same as any other breakfast in an Italian hotel, not much to speak of really, but these are about the only negatives I can think of for my stay in this hotel. The accommodation is great, beautiful décor, really lovely bathrooms, pleasant and caring staff, central location, you couldn’t ask for more. Looking forward to being there again.

Mr Bennett