Via Leone Dehon 71, Rome, 00165, Italy
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 20% less but rated 12% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Rome

donatella and maria at miccadonatella and maria at micca

ColloseumColloseum

Il Babbuino, Via del Babbuino, Roma, May 2007Il Babbuino, Via del Babbuino, Roma, May 2007

La Fontana delle TartarugheLa Fontana delle Tartarughe

rome temperatures february

by ancabelascu

We are going in Rome tomorrow, how is the weather like?
please tell me what to pack, because here are -15degrees!Our plane leaves tomorrow evening and it is freezing cold now. From what I see on the weather forecasts there are 10 degrees in Rome, but I hope some of you who live there or are there for some reason can tell me exactly what to pack.
Thanks,Anca

by mccalpin

The difference between the weather between Romania and Rome is water to the west. The Tyrrhenian Sea to the west of Rome significantly moderates the temperatures.

Yes, it appears for the next ten days that the temperatures will be 13C-14C high during the day, and 5C-6C low at night, with rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. On the sunny days where the temps are 13C-14C, it will be quite nice. You may find yourself wanting to take your jacket off if you are in the sun and it's not windy.

At night, of course, you will want a coat or jacket because walking around Rome at night is a delight, but walking will get chilly after a while (so you stop at the next bar and get a "ristoro" to warm you back up(!) ;-) )

Because the weather is so much more temperate in Rome than in the interior, it seldom even snows in Rome...except for the rain, the next ten day look to be quite nice, and I would encourage you to wear layers so that you can peel them off if the day is nice...

by effeti

best local forecast I know: http://www.ilmeteo.it/pdf/meteo-roma-eng.pdf

by mccalpin

Francesco, it's interesting that your website is showing slightly cooler temps than www.weather.com ... I wonder why?

I know that here in Texas, we often get different reports for "Dallas", because one report is downtown Dallas, another is at Dallas Love Field (5 miles away), another is at DFW Airport (20 miles away), another report is in McKinney (30 miles away in a different direction), and so on.

Where is your website reporting from (do you know)? Fiumicino? Ciampino? Berlusconi's office??? ;-) I can't tell where www.weather.com is reporting from...

by ancabelascu

I hope the weather will be great. I do not like rain at all because I hate umbrellas...but we will manage.
Anca

by ancabelascu

The weather in Rome could be nice but hard luck for me!On Monday our flight was canceled because of fog and ice...and we could not postpone it!So we did not have the chance to see Rome this winter!

O, che peccato!

Yes, the US has also been hit hard with bad winter weather...something like 13,000 flights cancelled this week in the US due to snow and ice...aren't you glad we're having Global Warming? ;-)

Travel Tips for Rome

Only a few days in Rome?

by bmill25

Three days? I was there for 10 and didn't see everything. One day has to be spent at the Vatican. Another day has to be spent in ancient Rome. The Coleseum, Palentine Hill, the Forum, Trevi Fountain, and the Pantheon are all well within walking distance of each other. The last day I would just walk around and explore the city there's a lot to see that isn't on any guide book. Especially small piazza and cathedrals in out of the way places. And I would suggest not eating at a restaurant on the main street. There are a lot of small out of the way restaurants in back streets that are absolutely awesome. Have fun.

St. Peter's Wednesday morning mass

by skywalkerbeth

OK, I only saw him once - along with 1000s of other pilgrims all straining for a glimpse.

Each Wednesday morning (as long as the Pope is in town) he has mass in St. Peter's - if you can secure tickets for an "audience" you are all set. They are free but you have to ask for them.

We showed up early, I bought a beautiful rosary for my Gramma and we waited along with all the other folks to see him.

thank goodness for digital cameras, at least I could take a picture with the digital display in the back - otherwise it would have been of the ceiling!

Madam Lucrezia - Adds her voice to talking statues

by icunme

The mutilated marble bust of a colossal statue of a priestess of Isis near Chiesa di S. Marco became known as Madama Lucrezia and it provided a female character to the little choir of talking statues, which was called il Congresso degli Arguti - the Shrewd Congress.

The most famous pasquinade is no doubt:
Quod non fecerunt Barbari
fecerunt Barberini.
What the Barbarians did not do (meaning to Rome)
the Barberini did.

The target of the pasquinade was Urbanus VIII Barberini (1623-44) who had used the bronze tiles of the Pantheon for the Canopy of St Peter's.

Open Top Bus Tour

by Janani

We bought tickets for the 110 open top sightseeing buses, which were valid for unlimited travel on that route on the date purchased. Along with the ticket we were provided with a set of headphones that we could plug in at any seat on the bus to hear a commentary, in our choice of language, on what could be seen from the bus and a city map showing the route the bus took through the city’s streets, where it stopped to pick up passengers and the location of places of interest.

We were told that there would be diversions on the route later that day due to road closures so we decided to travel the full route first to make sure we had seen everything before parts of the route became unavailable. This really helped us to get a feel for the layout of the city and to decide what we wanted to see later. For my tastes the commentary was a little sparse but I suppose many people prefer just to look at the view from the bus and might find constant commentary distracting.

We did the same route again on the last bus that went round that day, so we could see all the beautiful buildings lit up after dark and during the day, we used it to travel between all the places we wanted to visit, including the Castel Sant Angelo, the Coliseum and the Trevi Fountain. Although it was very cold the day we used it, there was such a good view from the top that we didn’t mind sitting outside on the top deck and from here it was lovely to be able to see some of the decorative features on the upper floors of many of Rome’s buildings and also over the river and its many interesting bridges.

Compared to the ordinary bus services, the stops are rather far apart, so you can end up with quite a walk if you want to see something which isn’t right by a stop but the map they provide at least makes the route clear. The cost for the one day ticket was 13 Euros and the full route covered eleven stops. There is a map available on the website listed, which shows the route and stops.

Great bakery

by acemj about Panella

Panella is a great place that I stopped at a couple times. It's hard not to. You'll walk by and smell the baked goods, pizzas and fresh crepes wafting from inside. Try to fagottini integrale, which is a whole wheat pastry filled with your choice of fillings. I had it with strawberry. Yum. This is also a great place to stop in for a light snack. Grab a drink (they have good coffee drinks as well as alcohol) and a slice of pizza in the afternoon.

Comments