Casa Della Palma

More about Casa Della Palma

Hostels in Rome?

by FinElina

Hi everyone!
I'm coming by interrail to Rome in late July. Does anyone know any good, practical and inexpensive hostels / inns / bed&breakfasts where to stay, for 4-5 days? It wouldd be nice to stay in a peaceful place but not very far from the city centre.
Thanks already!
Elina

Re: Hostels in Rome?

by sbenedec

You didn't mention your budget. We found a great B&B very near the Colosseo, named Casa Della Palma. The rates are considerably cheaper than hotels, but may still be out of your range. But you can check out their web site at www.casadellapalma.com. Good luck!
Stacy
Seattle

Ill be in Rome August 13

by Lucas-

I will be arriving in Rome....should I reserve a hostel or should I just choose a couple that I like and see if there is room when I get there. I am 23 and will be alone in Rome for 2-3 days where can I go to hang out with pp my own age

by elise_crash

If you know the dates you will be in Rome I would go ahead and book something. That way you know what you are doing before you get there and you won't spend half a day looking for a place that may not even have room for you. The hostel I really like in Rome is called the Beehive. It is nice, clean, cheap, and there is no lockout. You can look at my Rome page for more info, or you can also visit the website:

www.the-beehive.com

Good luck and happy travels!

Lisa

by hanaflower

Definitely book in advance. Rome gets very crowded with interraillers etc. We were very pleased to have booked ahead as we met lots of people who ended up trekking around for ages in blazing heat. Same applies for Florence - budget accommodation here is in VERY short supply.

by sbenedec

In adding to Lisa's comment, I haven't stayed at the Beehive, but have heard great things about it, Rick Steve's recommends it as well. If you want additional specifics, go to www.ricksteves.com and check out their graffitti board. Also, I believe they have a web page. Do a google search. Definitely have a place to stay before you arrive. With precious little time in Rome, don't waste it shlepping around bags looking for a room. Another place to consider, is the the Casa Della Palma. I am staying there at the end of July, and at the end of August as well. www.casadellapalma.it

Comments