Casa Howard

Casa Howard GuestHouses
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• miso80's Profile Photo

Just like a House

Stayed at the Casa Howard for two nights in September 2004. As the website states, this guesthouse is located near to the Spanish steps, so the location is very central and perfect. Its on a quiet street that's very close to the subway station, so we managed to get there from the airport with our luggage.

This is more like a real house than a hotel. You are given a key to the entrance, and its a small one floor hotel. There is no elevator, so you have to carry your luggage up a few steps before you get into the casa. You are greeted by the home-owner or care-taker and they show you to your room. I took the Chinese room. OK..so this place is clean, is stylish and cosy...but its quite small. If you're just there for the bed, then that's what you'll get. Its a double bed in the center of the room..as soon as you open the door, you can hop onto the bed lol There's a little wash basin in the corner, and a small chinese cabinet where you can put your stuff in. Now, the bathroom :))) Is very kewl..its moroccan style and is very nice..BUT its located on the other side of the Casa Howard, so you have to walk across almost all the other rooms to get there :-S If you dont mind that..then this place is fine. As I said its so small, so you can hear people going in and out of their rooms..but you do wake up to the smell of coffee.

To sum it all up, its an ok place (especially if you compare it to the other horrible hotel i stayed in :-S) but if you get better reviews from other hotels for the same price..then i say go for that ;)

Unique Quality: - Central location - near the spanish steps
    - Nearby Subway
    - Clean
    - Stylish

More about Casa Howard

Casa Howard...just like 'Home'

by TripAdvisor Member msubulldog25

My wife and I were guests at Casa Howard (Capo le Case) in mid-October. Our stay was, in a word, FANTASTIC! We chose the "Blue Room": large, very comfortable, and with a great corner location (2 huge windows, a nook, and a writing desk). We stayed for more than a week and highly recommend this room for an extended stay.

The hotel (more like a "guest house") is in a superb location, just a couple blocks south of the famous Spanish Steps - so plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. There are only 5 rooms, so it's small and quiet. Each room has a different color "theme" and all are nicely furnished, with wood floors and high ceilings. It's located only one floor up from the busy street, but we were impressed with how well the double-paned windows kept the noise out.

Our visit wouldn't have been complete without the wonderfully attentive service Cristine offered us: from reserving tours and restaurants to arranging our airport transportation, she did it all! (...and those breakfasts were so delicious too!)

The only minor drawback was not having a bathroom connected to the room (at least not the Blue Room, but 2 rooms do have them in-room). Though if you don't mind shuffling down the hall in the robe and slippers they provide, this is no big deal.

All in all, we wholeheartedly recommend Casa Howard when in Rome...it really was a great place to call 'home' away from home.

Absolutely recommend

We stayed in the Pink Room at Casa Howard and had a great experience. It's situated right off reception, so sound can travel a bit when there's activity, but it's such a small hotel, the activity was exceedingly rare. Noise of the street was completely dampened by the heavy duty glass window. The fixtures inside the room were beautifully designed, the bathroom was sizable enough (although water pressure was only okay) and the staff was very courteous and helpful. Oh, and the location? Phenomenally good. I'd absolutely recommend Casa Howard.

A Bit Overrated

I will say that Casa Howard has a great location. However, most all of the rooms are very small (including the ""famous" pink room). I just don't think this "boutique" is worth the 210-230 Euros a night. Absolutely, no ammenities at all!

Very interesting house maid too...

Best Place in Rome

by TripAdvisor Member PrettyPolly

I stayed at Casa Howard because a friend recommended it to me and I wanted to stay somewhere unique. We were at the via capo le case and weren't dissapointed. Only a stones-throw away from piazza di spagna and amongst the bars and shops this place is a home-from home but very cool with it. We stayed in the chinese room but you should see all the other rooms - each one differently decorated. It's strange to see a place like Casa Howard here rather than in London or New York. If you fancy a turkish bath, this place has one. I've been to Rome many times and but this was the best place so far.

Lovely...andwe still miss Edgar!

We stayed in the American Cousin's room in Via Sistina during our honeymoon last year and found the property absolutely perfect. Edgar delivered our breakfast to us every morning, always apologizing in his soft-spoken way for having gotten us out of bed (of course - we'd requested it for the very time he brought it). Casa Howard is definitely not like other hotels - you feel as though you're staying in a luxe private home with a very discreet staff. They really look after you. Casa Howard is one more reason to love Rome.

its' Tommy Ziffer's Baby

Being an interior designer, I had an ulterior motive staying at Casa Howard (the one via Sistina, 'cause there are two) for the week-end... Got it from Magazine reviews that this is the "baby" of Tommaso Ziffer, whom I'm a fan off. Well - no disapointment there - he IS the God in blending styles: combining antique Roman furniture, african art, flower patterns and red shiny floors... or toile de Jouy, Taffeta from Paris, stainless sinks and chinese dumpling boxes as soap dishes? whoha. Thanks Tommy, another great place.

lost our reservation

We booked Casa Howard because of the great reviews. However, when I wrote to the inn to confirm our reservation. They emailed me back a confirmation letter with someone else's reservation. Apparently, they never took our reservation and gave the rooms to someone else. If I did not check this before..the four of us would have arrived on their doorstep and we would have been sleeping on benches for the night.

I never received an explanation of this or an apology. If you stay here...make sure you have a confirmation letter with your name on it. I felt this was extremely unprofessional.

Comments