Casa di Iginia e Paolo

Via Romagna 14, Rome, Lazio, 00186, Italy

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Rome

Beside the  fontana is a drinking fountainBeside the fontana is a drinking fountain

Note the setting created for this masterpieceNote the setting created for this masterpiece

random street scene in Romarandom street scene in Roma

The eye in the triangleThe eye in the triangle

Bag Storage In ROme

by RoscoeGregg

Does anybody know if there is a bag check at the Termini Station in Rome? If so where is it located?

Thanks,

Randy

by SandiM

I seem to recall that the 'left luggage' area (at least one of them) was on the lower level pedway on the way to and from the Leonardo express train to the airport. Yes, I definitely remember seeing it since I joked about it with my sister but we decided not to stop and drop off the baggage. There may be more, but that was the one that stood out for me.

by alza

I was there in June and last poster is right.

I went there in search of a cop to report my lost Blackberry, and in search of the Lost Objects Counter (was told by ticket vendor that it was at the Left Luggage Area downstairs.)

It seemed an eternity to get there but then, I was upset. But once there, the place was so disorganised and crowded that I turned around and went home. I observed the line up for about 10 minutes and it only moved by one person...
And not a cop in sight there either!

by leics

www.grandistazione.it gives you details about services in main Italian railway stations.

There is certainly a left luggage facility at Termini, open 0600 to midnight. You will find the charges (in English) on that link.

As Alza says, it has always seems very crowded when I have wandered past so do allow plenty of time to deposit/get your bags.

Travel Tips for Rome

Maps of rome

by abi_maha

We made the mistake of not acrrying one, so we shelled out 7E for a booklet called Rome for you- totally worth it, it divides Rome into 6 zones and suggests 7 itineraries thru it....if you are pressed for time this is a good investment to make.

Say Buongiorno!

by nicolettart

From my experience, the local people did not hesitate to help or offer advice when we needed it.. All it takes is a simple greeting like "buongiorno" or "scusami"(excuse me), to ask for help. Try to learn some simple phrases to use. I will never forget the wonderful gentleman on the bus to Trastevere who kindly advised us when we had arrived at our stop. A small gesture which meant a great deal to us. I can give you a dozen more examples like this one!

Excubitorium

by abarbieri

It is located in Trastevere(Via della Settima Corte)
Situated about eight metres below the modern street level, the building was discovered in 1865-66 during the excavations financed by two collectors of works of art: G.Gagliardi and A.Ciocci. The public still remembered the enthusiasm over the discovery in 1849 (in Vicolo delle Palme, today Vicolo dell'Atleta) of numerous, valuable statues.
These included a copy of the Athlete ("Apoxyomenos") by Lisippos later displayed in the Vatican Museums a horse and a bull in bronze now in the Palazzo dei Conservatori on the Capitoline Hill. f the above circumstances were the principal motive for the research, the point of reference was an ancient wall which emerged in the garden of a private home on Piazza Monte di Fiore opposite the square of the church of St. Crisogonos. Both squares were eliminated the recent urbanistic arrangement of the neighbourhood.

Airports in Rome

by tini58de

Rome has at least two airports that I know of:

- Fiumicino or Leonardo da Vinci airport for airlines like Alitalia or our carrier Germanwings

- Ciampino for Ryan Air and other carriers.

Do make sure to check out, which airport you will be flying into!

Arrabiata pasta! mmmm.....

by nyonnetti about Eredi Boccacci Mariana Ludovico

Ok, first let me say that the name of the restaurant was what is on my receipt- so not sure if that was the name on the sign- don't have pic. Anyways, this restaurant is in Piazza Navona, facing the artist side- it has an outdoor seating area with white umbrellas over each table. We had such a great time here- one of the best spots for atmosphere b/c you are right in the middle of the infamous Piazza Navona! I love the penne and arrabiata sauce!

Comments