Casaromana

More about Rome

ColiseumColiseum

View of Fiori ImperialiView of Fiori Imperiali

“Perseus” Vatican Museum, May 2007“Perseus” Vatican Museum, May 2007

The area is called Forum Romanum and PalatinoThe area is called Forum Romanum and Palatino

holyday? working day? in Rome

by celotaja

Hi, there,
If anybody could suggest whether the 1st of May is a holyday in Italy?
I am goinng to stay in Rome from the end of April trough the 3rd of May, so I would like to know whether public places like museums and shops are opened. How about saturdays?

by lubama05

May 1st is labour day, and this year it is also Ascension Day (Christian holy day). So the first question is a yes, it is a holiday. The Vatican musea are closed on this day, others such as the Colosseum appear to be open. I don't know about shops on this day. Saturday seems to have become a 'normal' working day, so there will be plenty of things to do and see.

enjoy your stay

by effeti

Remember that on may 1st there will be a huge event at San Giovanni in Laterano.. The annual big free concert for labour day.... So, don't go there if you don't want to go to this very crowded concert!

Ciao
Francesco

by ricky52

Trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local on the day variations.
This information should be used as a guide only.
Here is the average weather for Rome for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

May.
High 73f / 23c
Low 54f / 12c

by leics

Saturdays have seemed the same as any other day when I've been in Rome. And Sundays haven't been much different, in terms of museums etc (Monday is often the day they close).

by celotaja

Thank you so much, all of you. It was really helpful.
Inese

Travel Tips for Rome

Castel Sant'Angelo...

by chrissyalex

Castel Sant'Angelo Construction began in 139 AD. Originally, It was the mausoleum for Emperor Hadrian. Since then, it has had many roles: as part of Emperor Aurelian's city wall, as a medieval citadel and prison,and as the residence of the Popes in times of political unrest. It houses a museum that covers all aspects of its history.

Art alert

by rexvaughan

When we were leaving the Campidoglio we encountered, in a vaulted recess just below sidewalk level, an ancient looking fresco depicting the Nativity. I have no idea how old it is or by whom it was done, but it is a good example of the unfathomable artistic and architectural wealth of Rome. A corollary to this was a conversation we had with a young woman who lives in Rome. When we asked her why there was such a limited underground rail system, unlike London or Paris or New York, she told us that whenever they dug a few feet down they encounter some ancient artifact and the site immediately becomes an archeological dig. Of course!

Fiumicino Airport to Centre of Rome

by Greymalkin

A lot of folk get flusterd travelling from Fiumicino Airport to Centre of Rome and they get approached in the airport by the minibus touts. Well, here is my experience.

While waiting for my luggage to arrive on the carousel, I chatted with a few folk and found someone else needing transport to the centre of Roma. Neither of us had caught the treno in Roma before. We agreed to help one another catch the train. On the way to the train we were accosted by a minibus tout.. His inglese was good and he seemed honest so we waited a bit untill he found another four persons to fill his bus, this took him only ten mins. Which was a dang short sooner than waiting the next train.

Outcome, every single one of us got dropped right outside of our hotels, baggage handled well at a cost of €20 each. Running commentry all the way, polite and courteous. A wonderful introduction to Roma.

They are not all rogues. Most of these drivers do the right thing and look after their customers.

Compare this with my visit to Italy last year.... I booked a driver through a travel agency and was charged beforehand € 50 for the same trip. I did this because I knew nothing, and was really scared into doing so by the clerk in the travel agency. When I I arrived at Fiumuncino I was met by a person holding my name printed on a white card. He made me wait in a corner of a cafe untill he had collected another 4 passengers. This took 20 mins. Nice trip, but a trifle expensive.

Despite what people say, and despite all the warnings you hear, most people are honest, good people doing a decent job. Not one of them wil rip you off as much as your travel agency will.

Nightlife in Trastevere

by challenger about Da Otello

When it comes to eating out, you can never go wrong wandering around Trastevere at night. Very scenic and romantic, there are probably more restaurants and cafes there per square foot than in any other area in Rome. Some are cheap, some are dear, so check out the menu before you commit.

My personal favourite restaurant is Da Otello. Great food, great service, very reasonable prices.

They open at 19:00 for dinner and if you wish to sit outside you would want to be there as early as possible as seats fill up pretty fast.

DERMASTIR CAVIAR TREATMENTS

by raxman782

AFTER HAVING A HAIR CUT IN ROME'S HISTORICAL CENTRE I WAS INVITED TO DO SOME DERMASTIR CAVIAR TREATMENTS USING CAVIAR AMPOULES AT ALTA CARE LABORATOIRES BEAUTY CENTRES. ALTA CARE LABORATOIRES HAVE FRENCH LUXURY PRODUCTS BUT I HAD THIS FIRST EXPERIENCE IN ROME. I WILL RETURN TO ROME JUST TO CONTINUE THE ALTA CARE LABORATOIRES TREATMENTS BECAUSE THEY USE FIRST CLASS AESTHETIC MACHINERY AND DERMASTIR COSMETIC AMPOULES WHICH ARE SUPER.

Comments